Noel Thomas vs. Ray Urh

Melt

Hi!   I apologize in advance if this sounds like a stupid question. Today, I purchased a "Noel Thomas" dollhouse, but the stamp reads "Evergreen Woodworks Ray J. Urh 95".  They told me Ray came in to their store and said he knew their house (in Seattle) and that it was a Noel Thomas. Anyway, I bought the house today.  I am not looking to sell it.  I know this forum does not allow prices, but it does allow discussion about value in curiosity context.  Moderators, correct me if I'm wrong.  I love the house and would never sell it.  Just bought it.  But I am curious to know if it is a Noel Thomas and the history of it. I'm very new to the dollhouse world and have become obsessed.  lol.  Just want to know about my house.   Can't seem to download pics. Will keep trying

Hi Melanie, Welcome! :wave:

I think you need 5 posts before you can upload pics. So get posting, because I want to see pictures! :D

Melanie, I hope you will post an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  How lucky for you to have a Noel Thomas house.  You need five posts in order to post your pictures in albums in the Galleries here.

• Like 1

The Tower houses were designed by Noel Thomas and built by Ray Urh. He was hired by Noel. Very beautiful. The Tower House was designed based on the Grey's River. I will post pics when I can.  It keeps telling me 0.5 mb. None of my pics are that small. I'll figure it out lol. 

Melanie, you can also add to your info that the Tower House was sold by Mr. Peepers, a miniature store close to the University district of Seattle. I was able to visit the store, totally not knowing anything about either the Tower House or Ray Uhr. When I went back sometime later, the store had closed.

• Like 1

Very pretty! I love the color. And that room is gorgeous!!

You now have enough posts to start an album. Having an album allow all the pictures to be in one place, plus there are no space limits. Placing pictures directly in a post will fill up your quota. It is possible to link to an album picture from a post.

Can't wait to see more of the house! What a great find.

• Like 1

Melanie, there is a bandwidth limit to the number of pictures you can load directly to your posts, but not to what you can load into your albums in the gallery and import into your posts from there.

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out what kind of wood it is made out of for some of the floors.  Can't find it anywhere.  They said mahogany but I don't think it is. Not sure. 

Thank you all for the kind words.  Will post pics as I go.  Just want to put railing on the porch and somehow finish the floors. Everything else is done 

Edited by Melt

Could it be mahogany veneer floors? Mahogany has a grain that works for 1:12 scale, I used it in my current build.  If so you can find the veneer at the "woodcraft" website or in person if you have a Woodcraft store near you. You'd just have to determine the thickness of the veneer to match it.

Neat house, great find!