Faux bubbles

WyckedWood

Looking for ideas, links, pictures to make a tub with faux bubbles. I'd like something pretty realistic looking. I remember around the holidays I saw this how to for making snow globe cupcakes (real life) you blow into something, (maybe egg whites? )...I can't remember what..and it hardens into the snow globe. Just thinking of how something like that could translate to mini bubbles...thanks for any thoughts.

I spent a lot of time researching this a while ago, and what I found worked best was opalescent microbeads.  I don't know how well they show in this picture (and keep in mind this is half scale, so they would look a little more realistic in 1:12 scale).  What I liked was that I could spread them out or pile them up, and they stayed put. I think I got them on Etsy, and they were not expensive.

SoapyWater.jpg.5b1113f9c0f1682d319903788

• Like 1

What about resin water with very small faux pearls as the bubbles? May be challenging to find them without holes but you may try searching faux pearl filler decor and find some without. Or if you are feeling extra patient you could arrange them without the holes being visible. Or even search for iridescent filler decor. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/245431935/ivory-loose-bulk-pearl-balls-no-holes3-4?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_e-craft_supplies_and_tools-beads_gems_and_cabochons-beads&utm_custom1=b2a8c09a-cfa7-408c-90a7-d347400b272a&gclid=CJbdheP3idQCFUM8gQodhIcFSA

Hope I didn't break a rule by posting link? 

Screenshot_20170524-205716.png

Edited by Littlebirdieb
Added image and link
  • Like 2

Thanks Amber, I appreciate the link! Cute idea too. I think it might be neat to have a few different types of bubbles and maybe some glitter on top for xtra sparkle and shimmer :)  

Lawanda I didn't realize that you could do that with those little things, I'll definitely experiment, sounds cool. 

Thanks for the thoughts ladies! 

• Like 1

Here is a picture of a couple of bath's I found on my facebook forum.  Unfortunately, they didn't say how they made them.  It does look like the bottom one is just batting that has been teased apart to make it look like soap bubbles.

Image may contain: one or more people, people eating, people sitting, food and indoor

5926e457b248d_bath1.jpg.6dd9df15e9fdd352

Just now, Mineejv said:

Don't want to break anybody's  bubbles.......... But I've heard those things in those packages to keep out moisture aren't safe. Maybe someone knows if there safe or not?

And I wonder if they shrink back to original size crystals as they dry.