Dura-Craft

Beulah

I just bought a Dura Craft Heritage Mansions, I don't know a thing about Dura Craft but I really liked the look and though I would try something different.  I hope it's a good one.  I don't even know if Dura Craft still exists.

I love Dura-craft houses... sadly they aren't in production anymore.. but if you are looking for spare parts Manchester Woodworks has a small range of compatible parts.

I have a Heritage, but I haven't started it yet. I fell in love with it's lovely windows and steep gothic roofline... I think you got a good one. :D

If you wan't some fantastic inspiration check our Otterine's Haunted Heritage http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=5254

Joanne, my first two kit builds were Dura-Crafts, and I got a Newburg just before they went totally belly-up that is still waiting for me to slog through the stack of unbuilt kits.  Whilst I truly love the Greenleaf kits, the Dura-Craft kits also finished up nicely.  They are different to build, but I think each brand of kit has its own rhythm of build.

• Like 1

Joanne, did you get it off ebay?  The reason I ask is I had one on my watch list, and I unfortunately didn't jump on it, and it sold yesterday for a buy it now price.   If so, I am glad you got it for that great price.  I am building the SanFran555 another Duracraft house as our 3 other members at this time and I love the build.  The house is a little smaller foot print so it's a little harder to put furniture in it.  Can't wait to you start on yours and we see your lovely house come to life.

• Like 2

OH my gosh Colleen, yes I did by it now last night from eBay.  OH gee, now I feel kind of bad.  Are you enjoying the San Fran?  We live not too far from each other, I am outside of Dallas.  

ok friends, Ive got about 30 different glues/adhesives ....when I'm done with the ceiling paper and the wallpaper should I glue the 2 floor with weld bond or Aileen's Tacky Glue? Or what glue do you prefer for that?

• Like 1

My very first Dura-Craft is in the box - The Columbian. I am planning to make it into a Christmas themed house and I hope to have it finished for the holidays this year. I've got a digital copy of the instructions (my kit is an unopened box) and it looks interesting with the corner support construction. I'm looking forward to a new style since all I have done is RGT, Greenleaf , Houseworks and the Creatin' Contest kits, so far. I figured I better start small because I tend to make even the simplest things complicated! Will I ever learn to leave well enough alone and not change the kit?

• Like 3

I use Allienns glue if I don't need it to stick right away, but sometimes I am impatient so I use Titebond then, You just hold it for a few seconds to a minute and you can continue on without the hours of waiting .   

10 hours ago, Beulah said:

OH my gosh Colleen, yes I did by it now last night from eBay.  OH gee, now I feel kind of bad.  Are you enjoying the San Fran?  We live not too far from each other, I am outside of Dallas.  

Joanne, don't feel bad.  I just stuck it in my watch list and I could have bought if I wasn't so wishy/washy about the 5 pages of items I have on my watch list.   Another one will come along, I see them quite often,  but that one was at a good price.  It's nice knowing it went to a good Greenleafers home.   Not only that, I have a Willowcrest, a Lady Anna, and now the Mountain view cottage all waiting to built.  Plus, I am slowly working on the SF555.  

On what side of Dallas do you live?  I have only been to Dallas once and that was when I bought my car at Crest Cadillac.  Flew in and picked up the car and then drove back home.  Do you have any good dollhouse stores in your area?  Maybe, when their is a show in Dallas I could come up and we could go together.  

• Like 1

Colleen I live outside Dallas in the Denton Area, in the country (along with army mom Debra). We just had the Dallas minitature show, and I met up with Debra for the first time about 3 weeks ago.  I would love to meet up next year, we will let you know when it is.  OMG I don't know which house to work on anymore, some need insides, some landscaping,... now a new one coming lol.  No there are no dollhouse stores here. I think San Antonio is the only Texas one.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

My first build was dura craft  newberg.  I have built a San Franciscan,  got one on auction and rehabbed it, and another in my treasure room.   I built the Linfield,  which I really loved, but adopted it out to a dear friend in CA.

My first kit build, the Dura-Craft SF555, went to the eldest granddaughter when she was 12 (she got DH's & my only scratch-built one when she was 6).  When she graduated high school I asked her little half sister about it and she gave me a blank look and said, "Dollhouse?"  My second kit was the D-C Cambridge, which went to my neighbor's granddaughter after I saw the way she looked at it.

• Like 3