Dura-Craft

Beulah

I'm sorry I don't mean to hi jack the post, but since this is about Dura-Craft I hope it's okay to ask...I'm totally undecided on living room wallpaper after laying down the floor I plan on using.  What do you all think?  The inside of the house with be white, cream, neutrals......I'm torn on the wallpaper and I'm torn about adding a small fireplace for a focal point.  We are going to San Diego for the weekend and hoping to visit a Dollhouse Store in the area ....ceiling is another thing I'm ruminating about ...it never stops hahahahaha

IMG_3014.JPG.jpeg

IMG_3015.JPG.jpeg

The first one it is!!! I haven't found a fireplace yet but I did find baseboards and crown molding today along with beautiful ceiling paper and to boot we had dinner in an italian restaurant on Saturday and the entire restaurant was done in white! It was amazing - the walls were done in paneled trims ... stunning! 

On 5/25/2017, 4:32:01, Beulah said:

Colleen I live outside Dallas in the Denton Area, in the country (along with army mom Debra). We just had the Dallas minitature show, and I met up with Debra for the first time about 3 weeks ago.  I would love to meet up next year, we will let you know when it is.  OMG I don't know which house to work on anymore, some need insides, some landscaping,... now a new one coming lol.  No there are no dollhouse stores here. I think San Antonio is the only Texas one.  

My daughter moved to Dallas last year ...she works for a PR firm ...need to stay informed about that show because that's a perfect excuse to go!

• Like 1

ok, Dura Craft builders, rolling around in my little head is the desire to place a curved staircase in the San Franciscan 555 ...anybody know if someone has done that?  It's making me crazy lol

• Like 1

Susie, are you leaving out the dividing wall downstairs?  Because otherwise I can't visualize having enough room for anything much after you install a curving stair.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

My daughter moved to Dallas last year ...she works for a PR firm ...need to stay informed about that show because that's a perfect excuse to go!

Yes, definitely we need to plan to all go together.  That would be so much fun.

8 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

I think I'm going to go for it...you're right, there's no stairs in yet and we're still in dry fit ...if it looks stupid then we're back to a regular case!  

I think you should try it.  I can't wait to see how they turn out.   But, as Holly says, you won't have very much room in the downstairs.  As much as I love this house, it's really small and half the furniture I bought for mine won't fit in it.  Oh well, I'll just save it for another house.

• Like 2

I want to put a spiral stair case in the. Heritage (when I even get it in the mail lol ) from the second floor to attic.  If you know of anyone that did that also thanks 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Susie, are you leaving out the dividing wall downstairs?  Because otherwise I can't visualize having enough room for anything much after you install a curving stair.

I have thought of leaving out the downstairs wall to the "kitchen" but I also thought about spinning the staircase to the left instead of the right.....I agree, it's a small house and even if I was to move the downstairs wall to the edge of the bay windows it would only leave 7 inches ....well, I'm going to try and I'll post pictures - hopefully in the next 2 weeks I can mock up some stairs

9 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

I think you should try it.  I can't wait to see how they turn out.   But, as Holly says, you won't have very much room in the downstairs.  As much as I love this house, it's really small and half the furniture I bought for mine won't fit in it.  Oh well, I'll just save it for another house.

I thought about bashing 2 of them together and reversing one so there's towers on each side but by the time I though of it I was already committed - I could've bashed the rehab into this new kit and then made a double curved staircase ....oh my!

9 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

I thought about bashing 2 of them together and reversing one so there's towers on each side but by the time I though of it I was already committed - I could've bashed the rehab into this new kit and then made a double curved staircase ....oh my!

Oh, now there's a thought!

59 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

I could've bashed the rehab into this new kit and then made a double curved staircase ....oh my!

Oh my is right!   That is a great idea.  That would have been one big house, but it surely would have been one big beautiful house with a gorgeous grand stair case.  I think before I bashed two SF555 together I would have someone like Mike that has cad software draw it out.  I sure wish I knew how to use cad software.  I built a creche from drawings an engineer drew for me at work from a picture of what I wanted.  Building the creche is what got me started into building dollhouses.  I enjoyed building it so much I decided to build the BH.

6 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

My son lives in San Diego.  What a small world.  Any shows coming up in the area between you and SD?

ah! two of my kids were born in San Diego, lived there for 11 years!  No shows until next year!  San Diego had one recently but from what I understand they have a very active club!

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Oh, now there's a thought!

7 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Oh my is right!   That is a great idea.  That would have been one big house, but it surely would have been one big beautiful house with a gorgeous grand stair case.  I think before I bashed two SF555 together I would have someone like Mike that has cad software draw it out.  I sure wish I knew how to use cad software.  I built a creche from drawings an engineer drew for me at work from a picture of what I wanted.  Building the creche is what got me started into building dollhouses.  I enjoyed building it so much I decided to build the BH.

So, clearly, even though I'm probably out of my mind, which appears that I am in good company ...here's a really rough attempt at a visualization of the 2 bashed together- if I give this too much thought I may have to beg Mike to do a rendering!  I would either place the grand entrance door in the combined smaller tower or add a center section to accommodate the new entrance and run the porch the length of the first floor but not the second if that makes sense. 

2-555 bash.jpg