Binary Parisian Clock

Sable

That is a very cool clock. I'm not sure I'd pay $175 for it, but I like it.  It took me a little bit to realize that each digit in a typical 4 digit hh:mm grouping was binary.  I initially thought the whole set of hours and whole set of minutes were somehow binary, and it wasn't working.  It's easier if you think of each vertical set of lights turned on its side, with 1 being on and 0 being off:

0000 0001 0010 0011 0100 0101 0110 0111 1000 10001

0        1        2       3       4      5        6       7      8        9

It would take a while to get used to, and I'd be calculating the time, rather than just seeing it at a glance, but I love the design.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

24 minutes ago, otterine said:

I suppose it would be a good mind workout just to tell the time, which would keep us all sharp.  But, I foresee myself just looking at the pretty lights.  :rofl: 

My youngest son liked to stare at the digital clock and wait for it to reach the hour mark.... 2:59 to turn to 3:00 etc. He said he liked to watch the clock go 'dink'. I'll have to show him this video. (He is literally my smartest child). I don't know if I should laugh or shrug it off!

• Like 1

Ouch - my brain. But I like it! Thanks Sable - very interesting to me - a nerd & mini builder!:cheezy:

:bigwink:For the binary impaired here's my apartment building clock:

59271504608d9_skyscraperclock3.thumb.PNG

The time indicated is 4:48 pm

The bottom right window is the pm indicator.

...could add 2 more columns for seconds > or the elevator!! :prop:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mesp2k said:

Ouch - my brain. But I like it! Thanks Sable - very interesting to me - a nerd & mini builder!:cheezy:

:bigwink:For the binary impaired here's my apartment building clock:

59271504608d9_skyscraperclock3.thumb.PNG

The time indicated is 4:48 pm

The bottom right window is the pm indicator.

...could add 2 more columns for seconds > or the elevator!! :prop:

I could get use to yours. The offered one is military/European time which I would not only have to read first but then calculate to PM equivalents. 1900 hours = 7:00 PM

4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

My youngest son liked to stare at the digital clock and wait for it to reach the hour mark.... 2:59 to turn to 3:00 etc. He said he liked to watch the clock go 'dink'. I'll have to show him this video. (He is literally my smartest child). I don't know if I should laugh or shrug it off!

Hahaha! I am sure he is destined for greatnest! And clearly exhibits great patience.

I like this idea, but they apparently have access to a laser cutter, so why not just cut out some kits and put on Etsy? When they've sold some, cut some more and list them, and so on. I don't understand some of the things I see on Kickstarter. People just want the easy way to make money, rather than building up to it.