Yard Sale Find...Interesting story behind this house

kellee

I picked this house up at a yard sale last weekend..... The man selling it says it is very Fragile and repeated several times that it is Antique, at least 40 years old, one of a kind custom dollhouse, not a kit you can buy at the store.... there were only a few made.! He said its listed all over Ebay and craigslist for $200.00 and up..... I just smiled and nodded as he spoke. It had a $20.00 price tag on it....He said make offer... so I made him a offer of $10. He took the $10.00.

It is Definatly Fragile.! Not a drop of glue was used... it is put together with a Nail Gun.....and 1 1/2 inch nail gun nails !!!! 

large.dollhouse.jpg.3e531eeed51891a33b8a

• Like 4

That actually looks like the Petite Dreams house by the XLarge Machine company. As I recall they were sold at Target as kits along with furnishings in separate boxes. I have one in my stash as well, also found for an incredible price. lol

Lol ! It took everything I had not to correct him. I knew you all would enjoy.

I did get the tower roof as well...

It was interesting carrying to the truck...I was walking behind hubby picking up the pieces...

Its sitting on my worktable right now....

• Like 2

LOL  Yes, smile and nod....that is all we can do sometimes. 

I once went to do an on-site house repair for a dollhouse damaged in a move.  It turned out to be a beautiful front-opening Victorian.  I made a comment to the woman about what it was- and she promptly told me in no uncertain terms that it was handmade by her father and NOT a kit!  Whoa Nellie!  LOL  Smile and nod. I mean it could have been one that he bought the plans for it and built from scratch....but I knew that was not the case.  Let them believe what they want.  :) 

Anyway- congrats on the wonderful deal!  Will look forward to seeing what you do with it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbnmini said:

LOL  Yes, smile and nod....that is all we can do sometimes. 

I once went to do an on-site house repair for a dollhouse damaged in a move.  It turned out to be a beautiful front-opening Victorian.  I made a comment to the woman about what it was- and she promptly told me in no uncertain terms that it was handmade by her father and NOT a kit!  Whoa Nellie!  LOL  Smile and nod. I mean it could have been one that he bought the plans for it and built from scratch....but I knew that was not the case.  Let them believe what they want.  :) 

Anyway- congrats on the wonderful deal!  Will look forward to seeing what you do with it!

yea her father who worked at the dollhouse factory and punched stamped the pieces out with his own hands. I had to deal with a woman like that I almost told her off but Rich grabbed me and threw me into the lunch room (not really but you get the picture) I calmed down, smiled and she went on her way while I hoped a horse would fart in her face.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Summersethomes said:

yea her father who worked at the dollhouse factory and punched stamped the pieces out with his own hands. I had to deal with a woman like that I almost told her off but Rich grabbed me and threw me into the lunch room (not really but you get the picture) I calmed down, smiled and she went on her way while I hoped a horse would fart in her face.

I almost spit out my coffee when I read the comment about a horse farting ..... I got a visual that was hysterical! 

• Like 4

On 2017-06-06 17:59:32, Elsbeth said:

Ye Olde Tyme nail gun. That was funny.

On 2017-06-06 19:16:53, KathieB said:

No doubt it was kerosene powered.

And there is the steampunked version of a nailgun, hmmm, gives me ideas.....

9 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

I almost spit out my coffee when I read the comment about a horse farting ..... I got a visual that was hysterical! 

Oh dear lord that made me to go into a laughing fit making sweet hubby go "huh?!?" - as I was in a bit of sulky mod when getting home earlier. TY :) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Gotta love this place!

Amen! I'm laughing out loud ... something I haven't done in a while. Love y'all and your wonderfully warped sense of humor. :D 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kellee said:

...It was interesting carrying to the truck...I was walking behind hubby picking up the pieces...

Its sitting on my worktable right now....

Reminds me of the US$2 Laurel that was my first major rehab, only no on pretended it was a handmade antique.