Dura Craft Heritage Arrived

Beulah

Yep.  That was the great thing about the RGT bungalows--they came with the siding milled in.  That's why I like them for first-house builds.  You'll do fine, though, judging from the rest of the work you've done on your houses.  :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Actually many of the Dura-Craft kits also came with milled-in siding.  Both the San Franciscan and the Cambridge kits I built had milled-in siding.

I thought the Heritage did too?... *runs off to check box*

50 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I have a Heritage too.....It hasn't spoken to me yet...But my husband said, "how many of these houses are you gonna buy".

Oh, those husbands! LOL :rofl:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

I have a Heritage too.....It hasn't spoken to me yet...But my husband said, "how many of these houses are you gonna buy".

LOL.. my husband says the same thing... I have just started a weeks vacation and he said to me last night... can you at least get ONE dollhouse finished before you buy any more? All this money you are spending and all I have to show for it is one flocked cat!... :roflmao:

Just now, Samusa said:

LOL.. my husband says the same thing... I have just started a weeks vacation and he said to me last night... can you at least get ONE dollhouse finished before you buy any more? All this money you are spending and all I have to show for it is one flocked cat!... :roflmao:

LOL! *tears are running down my cheeks*

27 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Sam, you could start talking to the cat and letting it sleep with you???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Well.. he does bring the dogs into the bed.. so it would be only fair.... 

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

LOL.. my husband says the same thing... I have just started a weeks vacation and he said to me last night... can you at least get ONE dollhouse finished before you buy any more? All this money you are spending and all I have to show for it is one flocked cat!...

And a mighty fine flocked cat it is, too!  You should show him the prices these critters can fetch, and then explain that you saved all that money be doing it yourself!  You're really a very thrifty wife.  ;-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

And a mighty fine flocked cat it is, too!  You should show him the prices these critters can fetch, and then explain that you saved all that money be doing it yourself!  You're really a very thrifty wife.  ;-)

:flowers:Deborah, I'm going to try this argument and see where it gets me. :D

Beulah, 

I also have the Heritage! Such a Beautiful house. I actually found mine in a Thrift store a few years ago for $13.95 I felt like I was stealing it. The store owner didn't think she knew enough about dollhouses to sell it for more.... I paid the money, agreed with her and *** RAN***. 

• Like 4

I'm still needing to finish my Pierce - but I seem to have been shingling forever and I also need to put on the cladding.  A little worried about that to be honest - especially as I put all the windows together and glued them to the outside of the house way back at the beginning.  Some of them are round and all are curved - I really don't know how I'm going to clad around them.  I may have to try to take them off before cladding.

Meanwhile I've started a treehouse which I keep buying cool stuff for, and I'm working on a garage in a plastic gasoline container for my husband.  Sigh.....the one I'd really like to work on is the treehouse....but I feel I ought to finish the other two things first.....  What this means of course is I don't end up working on anything!  My cottage in the garden is freezing now that we're in winter.  I have a heater out there... But also it's become a bit of a dumping ground which means tidying first....hmm.....more storage containers!  That's what I should have asked for, for my bday yesterday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shareb said:

I'm still needing to finish my Pierce - but I seem to have been shingling forever and I also need to put on the cladding.  A little worried about that to be honest - especially as I put all the windows together and glued them to the outside of the house way back at the beginning.  Some of them are round and all are curved - I really don't know how I'm going to clad around them.  I may have to try to take them off before cladding.

Meanwhile I've started a treehouse which I keep buying cool stuff for, and I'm working on a garage in a plastic gasoline container for my husband.  Sigh.....the one I'd really like to work on is the treehouse....but I feel I ought to finish the other two things first.....  What this means of course is I don't end up working on anything!  My cottage in the garden is freezing now that we're in winter.  I have a heater out there... But also it's become a bit of a dumping ground which means tidying first....hmm.....more storage containers!  That's what I should have asked for, for my bday yesterday!

Happy Birthday Rebecca!! (And No one should get storage containers for their birthday ;) :flowers: here are some flowers!

When my work area is a mess, it really deters me from working on anything mini,  I have found that straightening things up mini and in real life helps me get back into the creative groove. Don't be so hard on yourself!

• Like 2

After doing homework on the Heritage, lol, I realize the milled in siding means I have to make the walls, not add it to precut walls, Oh Dear Lord, little Miss Heritage is going back in the box till the fall when I have not so much on my plate, LOL.  I'll just tinker with my other 3 for the summer. 

7 hours ago, Cyn-AK said:

Holly, for the sake of sounding stupid,.... You mentioned "  the siding is also milled in " What does that mean in my Heritage??. 

My first two Dura-Craft kits had pieces of plywood with a raised bit of wood along one long edge ("tongue") and a matching groove along the other long edge, and one side was flat & smooth (interior) and the other side had apparently gone through a milling machine that cut away some of the wood so it came out looking like it had clapboard.

• Like 2

On Wed Jun 07 2017 17:14:54 GMT-0500, Mid-life madness said:

Mine just nods his head and says "yes dear".   After 35 years, I finally have him house broken.    Lol

• Like 4