*Hon-Knee* I'm Home !

Cyn-AK

Hello everyone, My Name is Cyndy. 

I'm really not a New member... I'm an Old one who got lost. I actually joined back on August 31, 2007. 

I live in Wasilla, Alaska. I love it here... It's Beautiful.

I LOVE my dollhouses but... Life has gotten in my way for the last few years and not much has been touched in the dollhouse category. That is about to change. 

I have 3 large houses, The Pierce, The Heritage, The Fairfield (still in the box) and the Jefferson. I also have  The Orchid. Plus I have many small village houses and houses I have constructed from the Old Nutshell News magazines. Not one of them is finished. 

I haven't found anyone here in Alaska who shares my hobby but would sure like too. 

I hope to be around more often and learn some of the many new things you all have to offer as well as refresh my *old* mind of some of the things I have forgotten. 

• Like 1

Thank You all for the warm welcome. Funny how you can be away from here for a while but when you come back it's like you never left...Such warm feelings. 

Beulah, I'm not sure I can be any help at all with the Heritage... as mine was constructed when I bought it. It is in much need of lots of repair. Windows are missing, some of the trim. I have so far reconstructed a new set of stairs, as the others were make from the original wood and I didn't like the look. I constructed my new set from Basswood. I may be able to find a couple of pictures of it. 

Havanaholly, I love the look of the smaller Fairfield. As I said, it is still in the box un touched. I haven't even broken the tape seal yet. I have way to many projects started and I don't dare open that box...LOL

Here are a few pictures of the Heritage when I bought it. YUK!! As you can see, It needs Lots of love BUT,.... The Bones are there and seem to be strong. The last picture is the new staircase I build. 

7-14-09 053.jpg

DSCF4900.JPG

DSCF4892.JPG

DSCF4893.JPG

Doll House 7-23-09 017.jpg

• Like 1

Karin.... Hello..... It's good to be back. Thank You!!

Holly, I think tomorrow I'm going to take all my houses down and get some better pictures of things. That way it may be easier when I have a question about something!

Welcome back Cyndy!!! Do you remember your old username and info? That way, I can merge the 2 together. I love the Heritage! I built one so many years ago (about 20 years ago!!) I still have 2 of those kits in the box because I always planed to build another one. Can't wait to see how you spruce yours up! :)