Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

On August 3, 2016 8:30:22 PM, Elsbeth said:

Update on this --as no one seems to know much about these--I saw one of the houses in person at a miniature show, and I was able to see one of the roomboxes. They are gorgeous!!! They seem quite sturdy and cardboard is pretty thick. My favorite thing is the patterns are textured! So the gorgeous tile floors are 3D texture /embossed. I think I want the three house set BUT...scale is more like Lundby 1:16 and smaller than 1:12. I'll post a photo of the roombox with 1:12 furniture. 

Beautifully illustrated and textured. Wow.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/clt/5809402751.html

says - Robert Stubbs House.  Windsor, MO.  $450.00

had it a few on Craigslist a few years ago, and was for much more

says -

From England. Large Tudor style Doll House made with wood plaster and hand cut beams. 44" wide, 24" deep, 26" high. 
Robert Stubbs was formerly an English furniture craftsman. A couple in Great Yarmouth England asked him to make them a 1/12 scale house for the village. Since then (1984) he has made doll houses by commission. Article in "Dolls House" magazine, referencing Robert Stubbs. Asking $450.00 O.B.O. We are selling at a fraction of the cost paid.

Kelli, that's the Tamarack. I love that house and I don't know why RGT discontinued it.

Here's an old house that hasn't been around for a long time - I think this one is from Model Homes or Woodline. Id have to look it up to be sure. Unfortunately, I also can't remember the name. It's been a long day, folks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorian-Dollhouse-9-rooms-plus-lighting-kit-and-3-boxes-of-furniture-/391581109900?hash=item5b2c0d8e8c:g:VswAAOSwNRdX8Uah

6 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Kelli, that's the Tamarack. I love that house and I don't know why RGT discontinued it.

Here's an old house that hasn't been around for a long time - I think this one is from Model Homes or Woodline. Id have to look it up to be sure. Unfortunately, I also can't remember the name. It's been a long day, folks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorian-Dollhouse-9-rooms-plus-lighting-kit-and-3-boxes-of-furniture-/391581109900?hash=item5b2c0d8e8c:g:VswAAOSwNRdX8Uah

They are including a lot of finished House of Miniature kits....someone had a plan.

18 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I'm surprised how cheap it is.  Bid now is cheap for doll house, lighting kit and three boxes of furniture. Even the pricing on suggestions listed above the item, are cheap. 

43 minutes ago, thresadep said:

I'm surprised how cheap it is.  Bid now is cheap for doll house, lighting kit and three boxes of furniture. Even the pricing on suggestions listed above the item, are cheap. 

Great deal. Those furniture pieces are each handmade-they are the house of miniatures kits by Xacto. Totally worth a small fortune and looks like the really did a nice job with the assemblies. Beautiful pieces!

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016‎ ‎6‎:‎45‎:‎01‎, rodentraiser said:

Why is it PA always has the most interesting dollhouses?

Kelly- this makes me giggle because I think I've lamented more than once that the PNW seems to have all the great houses!  :) 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎10‎:‎35‎:‎06‎, Elsbeth said:

Pepperwood Farm plan by Jackie Kerr Dieber. I had a built shell and loved the potential --but it was ultimately too big a project. but I love this design. 

It is a VERY huge house!  LOL  I know, because I've got one waiting on my work bench!  :)   What I would like to know is why is every single one of them is YELLOW!?  Just because the author had hers painted yellow on the plans doesn't mean that it is written in stone that the builder MUST finish their project exactly the same! :doh: When mine finally gets rehabbed it is NOT going to be yellow! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

It is a VERY huge house!  LOL  I know, because I've got one waiting on my work bench!  :)   What I would like to know is why is every single one of them is YELLOW!?  Just because the author had hers painted yellow on the plans doesn't mean that it is written in stone that the builder MUST finish their project exactly the same! :doh: When mine finally gets rehabbed it is NOT going to be yellow! 

I agree!! I have seen a lot of yellow ones! I remember now that mine (a built shell) was painted white with horrible teal/bright trim. I was going to keep the white (boring, but I love white farmhouses), get rid of the teal, and make roof dark green. But alas, I sent that house on its way. On a related note, I bought the HO scale version of it by Millie August...and guess what? IT IS YELLOW!!!!!!! lol

35 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Kelly- this makes me giggle because I think I've lamented more than once that the PNW seems to have all the great houses!  :) 

PNW has some pretty good houses,

but Kelly and AggieMae snatch them up!! lol Ok, and so do I. Or I used to. I used to be THE buyer for mini-houses in Portland, but I have slowed down. :drool2:

I got some good ones before semi-retiring from that trade.

Hey - the last one I bought was my big Hofco house about 4 years ago. And of course the wicker. Well, except for the ones I got from you, one of which was the Christmas gift to Lisa that I'm working on. I'm still trying to figure out how that happened. Meantime, I'm sort of retired from it, too. I just ran out of money and with three in progress, two kits under the sofa, and the big Hofco one broken down and on hold, I have more than enough on my plate right now.

But seriously, PA really does have some nice houses back there. Some areas are more "dollhouse happy" than others. You'd expect that in areas where a major store or manufacturer is located, like Denver, CO or Portland, OR, but other places seem to just have nice bargains for no known reason. PA for one and Phoenix is another city where I seem to see a lot of nice dollhouses. In contrast, New York sometimes has one or two nice dollhouses, but not as many as you'd expect. Of course, the Bay Area is tops when it comes to having rare, nice, and inexpensive dollhouses for sale.

I want a big van someday where I can travel the country buying dollhouses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Of course, the Bay Area is tops when it comes to having rare, nice, and inexpensive dollhouses for sale.

You think so? I often feel like people expect too much money for their used dollhouses around here, and so many of the houses on Craigslist seem to be the Barbie-sized ones people buy at Costco. Maybe it's a grass is always greener thing. :)

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Of course, the Bay Area is tops when it comes to having rare, nice, and inexpensive dollhouses for sale.

You think so? I often feel like people expect too much money for their used dollhouses around here, and so many of the houses on Craigslist seem to be the Barbie-sized ones people buy at Costco. Maybe it's a grass is always greener thing. :)

I always felt the east coast seems to have more museum grade craigslist houses for sale...some some for cheap.

I think it IS the grass is always greener. But then again, the wonderfully details Franklin Mint houses (especially Heartland Hollow) seem to be east coast centric. 

3 hours ago, fov said:

You don't know how many times I've been tempted to drive back to the Bay Area to pick up a dollhouse!

• Like 1