Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

11 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

No, I don't think so.

Why not offer $25 and use it for extra wood? lol. I am kidding. I am surprised he is trying to get over $100 for that. I am amazed he tried to get $500.

I told her I would think about it.  It would to be like a piece of furniture in your house.  It would need a lot of rehabbing, and it's kind of dark inside with no electricity.  One good thing is you have plenty of room for furniture.  I put up the wall between the kitchen and the living room and put the stairs in my San Fran yesterday and I can't hardly put any furniture into the living room, it's so small.  Very disappointed about that since I have been on a furniture buying spree lately for this house.

Also, the bonnet is way to humongous, and I would definitely cut it down.  It's got to be 10 to 12"  of the height.

20 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Okay, I went to see the house.  It was just down the street from where I work.  I mean talk about fate.  I live in Houston, and for it to be down the street is like destiny, except it's MASSIVE.  I mean really really big.  53" tall on the stand.  It's been totally stripped of all it's wallpapers.  The lady that has it said they inherited it when they purchased a warehouse from a guy that had passed away.  Also, some of the windows are not to scale.  The front door is to scale, but then look at the size of the door on the balcony.  The windows on the side of the house where I am standing has one window like the one showing on the 3rd floor, then the second floor has a window the size of the door of the second floor and the the first floor window in normal size.

Here is me and the house.  58e28235d9e0c_photo2.thumb.JPG.6f034b4a758e28334a3548_photo1(1).thumb.JPG.602865

The windows that match the balcony door come up for sale on eBay every now and then. I think if you're patient, you might be able to get enough in a year to finish up the house. Or, you could just get a couple of them to go on the front of the house and leave the others on the sides. I think people did that back then.

14 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Why not offer $25 and use it for extra wood? lol. I am kidding. I am surprised he is trying to get over $100 for that. I am amazed he tried to get $500.

I really can't afford the house and besides, it's more than $125 when you consider I'd be driving down to Portland and back.

54 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

LMAO! I can see you fit right in here! LOL

OK, for those in the Portland area, here's your chance to have a Joseph Angel house - cheap. I called on this house a while back and I think the guy wanted over $500 for it. Looks like he's come down some:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clt/6071524683.html

On the plus side, it's primed. LOL

Thanks! :)

Oh man... that is in pretty rough condition. As much as I love the Joseph Angel, I wouldn't touch that one. That is going to be a lot of work. I don't blame you for passing on it. Not at all.

37 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Okay, I went to see the house.  It was just down the street from where I work.  I mean talk about fate.  I live in Houston, and for it to be down the street is like destiny, except it's MASSIVE.  I mean really really big.  53" tall on the stand.  It's been totally stripped of all it's wallpapers.  The lady that has it said they inherited it when they purchased a warehouse from a guy that had passed away.  Also, some of the windows are not to scale.  The front door is to scale, but then look at the size of the door on the balcony.  The windows on the side of the house where I am standing has one window like the one showing on the 3rd floor, then the second floor has a window the size of the door of the second floor and the the first floor window in normal size.

Here is me and the house.  58e28235d9e0c_photo2.thumb.JPG.6f034b4a758e28334a3548_photo1(1).thumb.JPG.602865

LOL!!! Dang, you are fast! I thought we'd hear from you this evening or maybe tomorrow!

That. Is. HUGE!!!  I think I see why not a lot of these got built from those plans. :)

The good news about it being gutted is that if it's that dark, you can always wire for electricity and lighten it up a bit. :)

Weird about the windows. Hrm.... to be honest, I would still be really tempted by it. But I'm like that. It would be a nice neighbor to my monster, unfinished Pepperwood Farm (1/2" plywood. Also on casters) that I can't seem to give up. :)

You definitely need a bigger house than the San Fran for furniture... but I dunno if this is it, unless you're up for a pretty huge remodel. Anxious to hear what you decide, though.

Thanks for keeping us posted! You rock!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

I told her I would think about it.  It would to be like a piece of furniture in your house.  It would need a lot of rehabbing, and it's kind of dark inside with no electricity.  One good thing is you have plenty of room for furniture.  I put up the wall between the kitchen and the living room and put the stairs in my San Fran yesterday and I can't hardly put any furniture into the living room, it's so small.  Very disappointed about that since I have been on a furniture buying spree lately for this house.

Also, the bonnet is way to humongous, and I would definitely cut it down.  It's got to be 10 to 12"  of the height.

I had the same problem with the San Fran - I bought one finished (gorgeous on the outside) but the inside was narrow/deep and the stairs were facing away from me and in one of the rooms (the ivingroom)...I just didn't find it fun to furnish. I needed more space. It almost needs an addition off to the side to encase some stairs and halls to the 2nd and 3rd floors. This artist skipped the stairs: http://www.inpayne.com/dollhouse/dollhouse05.html

But I like stairs!

You know the house I felt *was* roomy enough for me was the Pepperwood Farm by Jackie Dieber. All the rooms were a nice size. I sent my built shell away though - because it was too much to rehab. But the room size and ceiling height was great. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Griffonfeathers said:

LOL!!! Dang, you are fast! I thought we'd hear from you this evening or maybe tomorrow!

That. Is. HUGE!!!  I think I see why not a lot of these got built from those plans. :)

The good news about it being gutted is that if it's that dark, you can always wire for electricity and lighten it up a bit. :)

Weird about the windows. Hrm.... to be honest, I would still be really tempted by it. But I'm like that. It would be a nice neighbor to my monster, unfinished Pepperwood Farm (1/2" plywood. Also on casters) that I can't seem to give up. :)

You definitely need a bigger house than the San Fran for furniture... but I dunno if this is it, unless you're up for a pretty huge remodel. Anxious to hear what you decide, though.

Thanks for keeping us posted! You rock!

Ah someone who appreciates the monster Pepperwood farm! This house has the giant roomy vibe - one that could be so great if it is appreciated and loved.

2 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Ah someone who appreciates the monster Pepperwood farm! This house has the giant roomy vibe - one that could be so great if it is appreciated and loved.

LOL! I do love it, but I haven't decided if I'm actually going to finish it. It IS room and wonderful, but it's just so big. The one I have is a really sturdily built shell, with zero finishing done to it (actually, they started siding, but only got on like three pieces of it) so it is starting right at the start. It's just oozing potential, but.... it's so big! Now that the Joseph Angel moved in and took up the front of my living room, space is at a premium and I just don't know. *sigh*

But it's neat to meet someone else who loves the Pepperwood Farm too.

Now if the house that Colleen was looking at moved in, though... I would HAVE to keep the Pepperwood Farm! They would be perfect neighbors! Casters and everything!!! Lucky I'm way up here in Colorado.... :)

4 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

OK, for those in the Portland area, here's your chance to have a Joseph Angel house - cheap. I called on this house a while back and I think the guy wanted over $500 for it. Looks like he's come down some:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clt/6071524683.html

On the plus side, it's primed. LOL

I'd buy it. Like a shot.

Found this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAWBRE-RARE-RAVENS-CROFT-DOLLHOUSE-BEAUTIFUL-HEIRLOOM-QUALITY/302251067188?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D42807%26meid%3De514e78586944249a7b3e8fe50d84264%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D302251065537

I don't recall seeing a Raven's Croft before.

And not sure if this has been posted before:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/victorian-dollhouse-miniatures/162448635774?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D42807%26meid%3De514e78586944249a7b3e8fe50d84264%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D302251065537

8 hours ago, Griffonfeathers said:

Hey Colleen!

Wow... it's been a long time since I saw one of those. :) I believe that this house is made from a plan by "Doll Domiciles" and it's the "Second Empire" house. Their plans came out in... the 70s I think?

If I'm right, and that's what it is, it is a big house. The plan house was completely enclosed (solid front, opening sides, I think).

I would want to see the inside. It's an intriguing house and I can't think of the last finished one of these I saw. (A quick Google search didn't turn up any either).

To be honest, I would have a hard time resisting it. But that's just me, and I may well be completely addicted to weirdo dollhouses. :)

Let me know if you decide to get it, or go see it! I'd be curious what it was like in person!

Wendy

(edited: thought it might be 1/2" plywood, but a quick look at the plans reveals it called for 3/8" so it might not be quite as heavy as I was supposing.) - WR

I have decided to buy the house if the price is in the $50 to $75 range, after all the seller paid nothing for the house.  Price is not really the isssue with this house, size is!  God only knows where I will put this house, (garage for now) but for some untold reason I really feel this house needs to be with me and given a new life.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

I have decided to buy the house if the price is in the $50 to $75 range, after all the seller paid nothing for the house.  Price is not really the isssue with this house, size is!  God only knows where I will put this house, (garage for now) but for some untold reason I really feel this house needs to be with me and given a new life.

WOO HOO!!!! :cucumber:

Colleen, that is wonderful!!! I am so excited for you AND for that poor little house! Yaay!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fov said:

Almost finished Heritage for $50 in the Bay Area: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/art/6068972352.html

I think it looks nice! The guy's being too hard on himself.

He did fine. Someone will enjoy that house. He seems to have sanded everything. I wish he had done planked floors, but that is me being greedy for $50.

18 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Oh Good! I hope they sell it for $50 or $75 to you because it is a BEHEMOTH but it deserves a loving home. I could hear it's siren call, too...I am glad I am too far away. It has a very vintage look to it - I like it a lot. It reminds me a little of the giant antique dollhouses of Fannie Rutherford Hayes that show up in museums or shows every now and then. Big heavy and victorian...but fascinating. Good luck and give us an update! 

Once I made a fair offer (but much lower) to someone  - they said they could "never come down that low" - so I said I totally understood and thank you for your time, I hope it finds a home, blah blah. And I moved on. And 2 weeks later they emailed to say they'd take my offer. If you know the miniature community in your area (mine is few and frugal) then you know who the competition is or isn't for these things. It is sad (for the seller) how low prices can get for some really beautiful things. Although in this case, I think it is fair to want to the seller to go lower...it is a true undertaking. No wonder that house was in storage - it is HUGE. But I digress...I hope you get the house!!! I want it to go to you!

On 4/2/2017, 10:32:37, queenannediva said:

OMG! Just went back to ebay and it has been relisted.  Same $5,000 price tag, Lawbre is still listed as the Brand and Dan McNeil (one of Lawbre's original owners) is still mentioned.  Looks like they just removed "Rosedawn" from the title.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Georgian-Plantation-highly-detailed-doll-house-w-Two-Additions-/292074892063?hash=item4401052b1f:g:EywAAOSw3utY4QaY

Oh my Gosh, here is a Southern Mansion in the Chicago area for $20!!!https://chambana.craigslist.org/tag/6070598389.html

Should she have this link? lol!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SewMini said:

That dollhouse in Champaign has GOT to be an error. Surely she's missing a 0. Right?

$20 is the price, she repeats this # in the posting content. For some reason, I don't like this design, and I don't have room for this large house, plus is so hard to sale after we update them, that to me all says "no", otherwise I would have jumped long ago!