Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I spoke too soon about interesting things not showing up in Colorado.

What a cute and unusual little house this is.

00z0z_eeUMwVxOKK6_1200x900.jpg

https://denver.craigslist.org/bab/6086560733.html

Lucky for me, I have to work today, otherwise I would be very tempted to go see this little critter. :) (Which will probably save my relationship too, because I'm pretty sure if I bring home one more dollhouse, my sweetie will give up on me.)

48 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I wish I could read the writing on those trim pieces round the door.

I think they are Spanish wine crates on the inside. I wonder if the trim is from a cigar box?That house is a unique piece if folk art.

8 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I was doing my hourly daily scan through Ebay when I came upon this listing.  I love looking at vintage furniture. Anyway I'm glad I looked at all the pictures because I really wanted to bid on this. :eek:

I love strombecker. I have a set of it I collected off of ebay. I love their kitchen sinks and their tables. I keep thinking I'll put it all in a 40s house. I just saw this - I think it is lovely:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Vintage-1930s-Strombecker-Dollhouse-5-Drawer-Genuine-Cherry-Dresser/142351457770

11 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I was doing my hourly daily scan through Ebay when I came upon this listing.  I love looking at vintage furniture. Anyway I'm glad I looked at all the pictures because I really wanted to bid on this. :eek:

Ok - that was funny. Just the box!! But...I enjoyed looking at the box. Pretty sure I have a strombecker sofa, possibly that sofa,  and they do not look that detailed...tsk tsk box art! 

14 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Is Strombecker only 1/2 scale? I would love to do a pre-war house as well. It reminds me of some of the furniture my grandma had in her house. The dresser is lovely.

I have found it to be mostly 1:12 - with some of their kitchen things coming in at 3/4 scale (Lundby size). But I'd say 98% of what I have is 1:12 and even a bit bulky (but so charming). I got one of the smaller kitchen sets (green and adorable) and someone told me it would be half scale, but it was definitely Lundby size. Luckily because I am a complete miniature nut, I have all houses in almost every scale (1:12 to 1:86) so I always have a place for almost any piece of furniture. Sigh. 

Yo Missourians - this is a nice Lundby house with furniture for $175. Perfectly nice price especially if you save on the shipping by picking it up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Home-Sweet-Lundby-Doll-House-Display-6-Rooms-Furnished-6-Figures-w-Box-Sweden-/132016631825

I love my Lundby houses. They really have a cozy nostalgic feeling with those 70s furnishings.

EDIT: I just noticed they GLUED down everything as it was a display. Including the dolls.

Ok - $175 not such a good deal...for all that glue. But still...if the price were right, I still think it'd be fun.

7 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

It's the Winchester Mystery House of dollhouses.  They appear to dead-end in the ceiling.  I thought there might be another room accessible from the back, but it doesn't look like it from the photos.  I was also trying to figure out whether the bathroom was shallower than the other rooms, and if maybe the stairs curve around and come out in one of the two rooms?  There might be some additional space in the right-hand room.

43 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Victorian Folding room.

This is so interesting to me - it looks very old - I like the details of the fireplace, and the pictures on the wall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Antique-Victorian-Folding-Dollhouse-Room-Box-Parlor-Fireplace-Paintings-/162477578104?hash=item25d46b1778:g:0bcAAOSwuLZY7BLo

I love the details of this too - especially the wallpaper.  When I see things like this I like to imagine who it was originally purchased for.  

22 minutes ago, AndreaJane said:

I love the details of this too - especially the wallpaper.  When I see things like this I like to imagine who it was originally purchased for.  

If I ever bought one of these, which I would love to do, I would really have to fight the urge to clean the "patina".  I just watched a short film about the lady who restored the fresco and I can relate to her on so many levels.

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

It's the Winchester Mystery House of dollhouses.  They appear to dead-end in the ceiling.  I thought there might be another room accessible from the back, but it doesn't look like it from the photos.  I was also trying to figure out whether the bathroom was shallower than the other rooms, and if maybe the stairs curve around and come out in one of the two rooms?  There might be some additional space in the right-hand room.

A total Winchester! THe main bedroom has a door into the bathroom and a door onto the balcony. I guess we can pretend that the official door is "on the 4th wall" that is the open back but...that still doesn't explain the Winchester stairway. Hmmph. I like stairs in my houses, but they have to go somewhere if they are out in the open (for the record I am fine with a glimpse of faux stairs behind a doorway that go nowhere especially if there is a corresponding door upstairs).

It looks like there's a round window in the bathroom, but no corresponding window on the front of the house. I bet the bathroom doesn't go all the way back and the stairs turn at a 90-degree angle to come up in the bedroom.

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

If I ever bought one of these, which I would love to do, I would really have to fight the urge to clean the "patina".  I just watched a short film about the lady who restored the fresco and I can relate to her on so many levels.

LOL. I totally relate.

32 minutes ago, fov said:

It looks like there's a round window in the bathroom, but no corresponding window on the front of the house. I bet the bathroom doesn't go all the way back and the stairs turn at a 90-degree angle to come up in the bedroom.

And in looking at the front of the house the bedroom has some extra width (with unbalanced window) so I'll bet you are right - the stairs go into the bedroom. I love a good mystery.