Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Or Mr. Peepers?

That's the one that I thought was another Noel Thomas design. Someone up here on Bainbridge Island had one for sale a couple years back and that's what they said in the ad. Those houses show up once in a while but I really don't like it all the much myself and I think trying to get windows to fit would be difficult.

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

Sorry guys...it's SOLD!!!!! my AWESOME son got it for me.  60.00 for everything. 

Woo Hoo!  So happy for you!  I think the VB like that one would be such fun to rehab.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2017, 2:12:14, 1martinimomma said:

Meanwhile, I had spotted a Duracraft Linfield on ebay, unopened sealed box.

Some people just don't know anything about dollhouses.  He said it was unused, new condition, still sealed in box. I drive over to pick it up and all the pieces had been punched out, the outside pieces of the house had been painted.  WTH, that's not my definition of new.  Unfortunately, he was not at the store (resale shop) for me to point out the problems of having a dollhouse kit that was already opened and the manufacturer is now out of business.  I did tell the salesperson helping me, and so far he has not relisted it on ebay.  I told them that if he relists it he should note that box is open, and it's been partially started.  So, no Linfield dollhouse for me today! 

27 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

I like the telescoping size of the additions. Seems like a reasonable price for all that and the work done.

15 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Some people just don't know anything about dollhouses.  He said it was unused, new condition, still sealed in box. I drive over to pick it up and all the pieces had been punched out, the outside pieces of the house had been painted.  WTH, that's not my definition of new.  Unfortunately, he was not at the store (resale shop) for me to point out the problems of having a dollhouse kit that was already opened and the manufacturer is now out of business.  I did tell the salesperson helping me, and so far he has not relisted it on ebay.  I told them that if he relists it he should note that box is open, and it's been partially started.  So, no Linfield dollhouse for me today! 

Still Sealed in Box?!?! WTH?!? How could he have gotten this so wrong? He also needs to say "cannot account for all pieces as some have been punched out". Sorry to hear this - but glad you didn't get stuck with it. How disappointing.

18 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Sorry guys...it's SOLD!!!!! my AWESOME son got it for me.  60.00 for everything. 

I am so glad this board has a team of eagle eyed miniaturists scouring the nation for deals and sharing them here with others...I love this forum! It is a boon to buyers and sellers everywhere.

Congrats on your bargain! I just love those Van Buren stairs and the hallways. Love it.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017, 6:39:04, 1martinimomma said:

Oh, my gosh.  I think this is the highest priced Beacon Hill I have ever seen.  $7500 or buy it now at $9750.  If they get that, mine is going on the market immediately!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-built-Victorian-Dollhouse-empty-or-furnished-options-/282501015881?hash=item41c65f6949:g:atcAAOSwYvFZLa-S

Okay, she finally got realistic and repriced it to something more reasonable $5000.....LOL

• Like 1

I emailed the seller to tell her what it is. I passed up a chance to get a half scale First Lady a few years ago and have always regretted it. It's not that different from some other houses I already have in my stash (the Elizabeth Anne and the Houseworks Victorian), but there's something about the look of the house that really appeals to me. Who am I kidding, though, if I had one it would just sit with all the other kits, unbuilt and sulking...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

You know, if I had that First Lady, I'd raise the roof over on the addition and then move the tower over to that side, creating an open patio between the main house and the tower room. *sigh*

I love balcony/roof gardens. I wish there were more of them on more houses.