Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Seriously no room. The manager here told me I had way too much stuff in my room and she's being nice about it, but if I get anything more I might have to get rid of something else. Like my sofa. And my sofa ain't going anywhere!

I was thinking I could get it, break it down and put it on eBay and make a profit (same with that Barrington), but I just don't want to mess with that right now. Too many things going on.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fov said:

I emailed the seller to tell her what it is. I passed up a chance to get a half scale First Lady a few years ago and have always regretted it. It's not that different from some other houses I already have in my stash (the Elizabeth Anne and the Houseworks Victorian), but there's something about the look of the house that really appeals to me. Who am I kidding, though, if I had one it would just sit with all the other kits, unbuilt and sulking...

I also emailed the seller yesterday.  She has responded a couple of times and is grateful to be told what brand and model of the house.  I sent her a link to the RGT forum with a picture of the house so she could be sure.  She asked if it was priced right.  She has no idea as she is not a collector.  She also asked for other places where she could possibly list it.  I mentioned Etsy and her local Craiglist.  I mentioned this forum as where I first saw the listing posted.  She may check this site out as well. 

I would love to have it but just no room.  BTW Emily, I have the 1/2 scale First Lady in my stash.  I probably paid too much for it, but it is there waiting on me!

Here is the updated link.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Good-Toys-First-Lady-Dollhouse-Assembled/192215870925

57 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I love how the roof is done on the promo photo of this house:

That house is built by the same guy that built the one with the wood turret.  He does build some beautiful houses.  Leonard Fricke.

40 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Here is another Granville in Salem Oregon.  What's the deal Susie, they are being hoarded up in the Northwest!

https://salem.craigslist.org/clt/6174056831.html

It doesn't look like the Granville house from It's A Wonderful Life, does it? It doesn't to me. Was is really intended to represent that house? The things you learn.

And what is with the Granville sellers putting it together and then not finishing it at all...is it that arduous of a build? It looks like it. But to get that far...and never get to furnish it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

It doesn't look like the Granville house from It's A Wonderful Life, does it?

Nope, I just looked at the house from the movie, and I don't think they look anything alike.

Here is the real house in Bedford Falls in 1954.

320_Sycamore.jpg

14 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Nope, I just looked at the house from the movie, and I don't think they look anything alike.

Here is the real house in Bedford Falls in 1954.

320_Sycamore.jpg

I like that real house...that would be a fun half scale!

And the people who live here don't want them! Isn't that always the way? I see houses I'd kill for in the Bay Area and New York, but no one there gives a whoop either. LOL The sooner they invent teleportation, the better off we'll all be.

• Like 2

And the east coast has all the Franklin Mint dollhouses that I want - for PENNIES on the dollar!!! I saw a Heartland Hollow for $199. With everything. Ouch. 

I wonder if someone were to create a coast to coast dollhouse transit line (a tiny freight Uber rideshare  - "drive my dollhouse across the country for some gas money! - never people, ONLY MINIATURES!) if that could work. It still wouldn't be cheap.

I wish there was a pneumatic tube for coast to coast dollhouse transfers!

• Like 4

Ok so what if we created a network of mini peeps that you could purchase for a person and then have that transferred to another place like you said - a list of who wants what and we found a way to send it on - like they transport cars - I bet you it exists we just need to figure out how to tap into it 

Finally!  A half scale curved staircase - available in left or right curve.  Been waiting for someone to make these for a long time.  May not be the quality of Lawbre or RGT but may be better than none.   Going to have to check these out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lancaster-1-24-scale-Victorian-left-curved-Staircase-/182619858429?hash=item2a84fde5fd:g:d3QAAOSwXY5ZQGv7

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Qubanqtee said:

Ok so what if we created a network of mini peeps that you could purchase for a person and then have that transferred to another place like you said - a list of who wants what and we found a way to send it on - like they transport cars - I bet you it exists we just need to figure out how to tap into it 

I think that is a grand plan.  Maybe, we should start a business that handles dollhouse transfers. I belong to like 10 Facebook dollhouse pages, and I know they would be all interested in being able to get houses that they have dreamed to own but were too far away. 

I am just sick that those two Granvilles are so far away,  I am on a mission to get one in the worst way!

5 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

I think that is a grand plan.  Maybe, we should start a business that handles dollhouse transfers. I belong to like 10 Facebook dollhouse pages, and I know they would be all interested in being able to get houses that they have dreamed to own but were too far away. 

I am just sick that those two Granvilles are so far away,  I am on a mission to get one in the worst way!

YOU and ME GIRL!