Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I sent a message, if I get the details I'll let everyone know.

Or hopefully they will update the post.

1 minute ago, Qubanqtee said:

what if it's a Granville .....no info AT ALL! so wrong!

• Like 1

Matt is correct. I actually contacted the seller of that house to tell him what it was. He originally had that house on Craig's List for $200, I think. I remember telling him he probably wouldn't get that much for it.

Carrie, I wouldn't bid on that house if it was the holy grail. How do I know it doesn't have termites on the inside of the box??? Not bringing those into my room. No thank you!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Carrie, I wouldn't bid on that house if it was the holy grail. How do I know it doesn't have termites on the inside of the box??? Not bringing those into my room. No thank you!!

Totally agree with you

9 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

4 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Totally agree with you

LOL! I hadn't really planned on bidding.

I think it might be from rodents...typically termites need moisture to do their thing and stay alive. (Not trying to be a know it all, I've had some personal experience with termites and a leaky shower)

I don't see any water damage on the box.

14 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Matt is correct. I actually contacted the seller of that house to tell him what it was. He originally had that house on Craig's List for $200, I think. I remember telling him he probably wouldn't get that much for it.

If I am not mistaken, there is termite damage on the ply sheets - bottom left hand corner of the photo. I can't zoom in, but sure looks like it to me. Maybe no damage on the parts though.

23 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

If I am not mistaken, there is termite damage on the ply sheets - bottom left hand corner of the photo. I can't zoom in, but sure looks like it to me. Maybe no damage on the parts though.

Maybe that is why there isn't a picture of the front....they ate the picture clean off or there is more damage. The picture was taken carefully so you only see a little damage. Sneaky!

The family is trying to sell off all the junk to settle an estate, so they want to get RID of it all.  I sort of feel sorry for what our kids will have to go through when we're gone (except I told them & DH to offer all the mini stuff here first)

On 6/20/2017, 10:43:15, Elsbeth said:

1:24 Townhouse - I like it, but the staircase is really in my way as far as enjoying the hallways.Hmmmm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DOLLHOUSE-MINIATURE-HANDCRAFTED-VICTORIAN-MANSION-HOUSE-1-24/252993730293

There was one like this on eBay in the past, I think even painted the same colors, but it was much more expensive and all the furniture was glued down. (It's possible this is the same house and the furniture has been removed... some of the floors seem damaged. But I don't remember it having a plexiglass back.)

I think the description for the previous auction said it was made by Bauder Pine.

Here's another finished half scale house: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Victorian-Doll-House-with-plexiglass-case-/162560387317?hash=item25d95aa8f5:g:0JgAAOSwFJBZST7l

The description says it started as a kit and got extensive modifications. Any guesses what the kit might have been? It doesn't look like any half scale kit that I can think of.

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Maybe they found my old camera in the trash.

I love it when people think a Jefferson is very large. I wonder what they'd say to an RGT Queen Anne or a HW Thornhill.

Or the Pierce or Garfield.

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:16:27, Shakyshaky said:

OK, I'm pretty sure the house is one from Norm's Dollhouse Shop.

http://dwdollhouse.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=320

The base is different and the windows are different and the porch posts are different, but it's sold as a shell only.

I wonder how Steve arrived at the selling price for this one:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/art/6154112296.html

00R0R_lfVcA8w21dZ_600x450.jpg

$700!?!

On a different but related note, why is the base of the Newberg so high? I feel like with just a few more inches they could have simply included a basement. It is a seriously tall foundation for not having any access. 

8208435_orig.jpg

• Like 1

Is that guy STILL trying to sell that house for $700?!? Seriously, what's with the Newberg, anyway. I saw another one the other day where someone wanted $400 for it. And it was just a put-together shell - nothing finished.