Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

12 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

So sorry I screwed up.  I am a newbie, please excuse my ignorance. I will not post on these kind of posts again.  My apologies to those I offended.

No need to apologize or stop posting, Colleen.  You were expressing your opinion, and we're in a world of trouble if we can't do that.  I was citing why some pieces of dollhouse furniture might bring prices as high or higher than 1:1 fine furniture, and I apologize if I sounded snippy in my post.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Now that's interesting. It looks like the houses are all being sold by the same person. They went to all the trouble to crate them up for a move and are now selling them.

That was my thought too! Curious! I'm half tempted to buy one just to find out the story. :)

But seriously, my sweetie will leave me. Or they'll find me dead in my house resulting from a strange dollhouse "accident". :)

I do really like that 4 foot monster, though. I love fully enclosed houses, but I can't even imagine a) where I would put it and b) how much it must weigh.

Oh... stuff like this makes me so sad.

00y0y_4xb9PP2jG1G_600x450.jpg

Entire contents of 98 year old grandma's house. And look at that dollhouse!!!! 

https://denver.craigslist.org/gms/6195841568.html

And this is what I get for looking at Craigslist at work. I'm not off until 10:30 tonight and the estate sale ends today! WAAAH!!!

Any idea what kind of house that is? it's really lovely.

1 hour ago, Griffonfeathers said:

And this is what I get for looking at Craigslist at work. I'm not off until 10:30 tonight and the estate sale ends today! WAAAH!!!

Call them! Call them and see if it's still there!.. If it is, they may let you come and see it another day. That is a seriously beautiful house.. worth the phone call at least. :)

2 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Call them! Call them and see if it's still there!.. If it is, they may let you come and see it another day. That is a seriously beautiful house.. worth the phone call at least. :)

they didn't have any kind of contact information that I saw. It just said "Estate Sale" and that it was Thursday and Friday. :(

Samusa, you are a terrible influence! I can't call, 'cause I'm trapped at work (otherwise I would just go see it), but I sent them a text and told them if it still needs a home by the end of their sale today I would love more information about it. So... we'll see. On one hand, I think a house that amazing will find a home. But on the other hand it IS pretty huge.... so maybe....

It just breaks my heart because I'm of course imagining that 98 year old grandma loved that house, and now... it's homeless. I don't have space to be a dollhouse rescuer very often... but this one I may have to make an exception. If it still needs to be rescued and it's not completely trashed on the inside or anything (can't really tell from the picture).

We'll see what happens. YOU ARE A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE!!!  :roflmao:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I find the price on this a bit..."optimistic"?!?  Uh...it is the same image tiled and glued into a box...$99??!?!? What am I missing?

Yeeaahhh...... what does one say about those??

27 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

It seems like Colorado and the Pacific northwest are dollhouse meccas????

I dunno about the Pacific Northwest, but I think Colorado might be because of our dollhouse and miniatures museum - Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys. They do a couple of miniatures shows out here each year, and really encourage kids to get involved.

I think that could be part of why there is so much interest in miniatures in Colorado.

OR it could be that we have the mountains right here, so when the Earth shakes, all the dollhouse nuts roll up against the mountains and just get stuck here. :)

Either way.

- Wendy

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Griffonfeathers said:

OR it could be that we have the mountains right here, so when the Earth shakes, all the dollhouse nuts roll up against the mountains and just get stuck here. :)

Either way.

- Wendy

You made me *snort*.

Dollhouse nuts are good nuts.

• Like 1

they didn't have any kind of contact information that I saw. It just said "Estate Sale" and that it was Thursday and Friday. :(

Samusa, you are a terrible influence! I can't call, 'cause I'm trapped at work (otherwise I would just go see it), but I sent them a text and told them if it still needs a home by the end of their sale today I would love more information about it. So... we'll see. On one hand, I think a house that amazing will find a home. But on the other hand it IS pretty huge.... so maybe....

It just breaks my heart because I'm of course imagining that 98 year old grandma loved that house, and now... it's homeless. I don't have space to be a dollhouse rescuer very often... but this one I may have to make an exception. If it still needs to be rescued and it's not completely trashed on the inside or anything (can't really tell from the picture).

We'll see what happens. YOU ARE A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE!!!  :roflmao:

Nobody here ever said we weren't all a big bunch of enablers! :D  Go and get that house! It needs a loving home!

8 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Nobody here ever said we weren't all a big bunch of enablers! :D  Go and get that house! It needs a loving home!

See how you are?

So I found their contact info and texted them and they said it is still available. It's a S/W Victorian Stucco and it was built by this lady's grandma in the 80s. She's going to send me pictures of the inside tomorrow if it doesn't sell (her camera isn't getting good pictures of the inside, she said). They're asking $300 but are open to offers.

I work tomorrow too, so I can't go get/see but afterwards.... you never know. I posted it on my Facebook pages so maybe some other dollhouse rescuer in Colorado will save it. It just breaks my heart because even from a fuzzy picture, you can tell a lot of effort was put into this house, and probably a lot of love. It's just too sad to think it might end up in a thrift store or on the curb.

I guess we'll see.

Thanks. Thanks a lot, Samusa! :-D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Griffonfeathers said:

See how you are?

So I found their contact info and texted them and they said it is still available. It's a S/W Victorian Stucco and it was built by this lady's grandma in the 80s. She's going to send me pictures of the inside tomorrow if it doesn't sell (her camera isn't getting good pictures of the inside, she said). They're asking $300 but are open to offers.

I work tomorrow too, so I can't go get/see but afterwards.... you never know. I posted it on my Facebook pages so maybe some other dollhouse rescuer in Colorado will save it. It just breaks my heart because even from a fuzzy picture, you can tell a lot of effort was put into this house, and probably a lot of love. It's just too sad to think it might end up in a thrift store or on the curb.

I guess we'll see.

Thanks. Thanks a lot, Samusa! :-D

Haha.. your very welcome :D ... listen, if I was in Colorado.. I'd be over there like a shot!  I agree, you can tell by that one grainy picture it was a labour of love. If you don't get it I hope one of your Colorado friends can.

It's like a real life house, you can have a list of requirements and be adamant that the house must have certain features.. then you go looking and you just fall in love with something that has nothing on your wish list... It's all about a feeling for me. :)

4 hours ago, Griffonfeathers said:

There was one of those for sale here in Seattle or thereabouts, or maybe in Portland. Jenn posted it. I saved some pictures of the front and back:

sw1.thumb.jpg.e614d0388bdca5ff461006124e

sw2.thumb.jpg.08dd87bd38505e7f18d9603ac3

Here's a couple in our area - check out the electrical kit on the Victoria's Farmhouse!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bab/6195675618.html 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/6192387543.html

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

There was one of those for sale here in Seattle or thereabouts, or maybe in Portland. Jenn posted it. I saved some pictures of the front and back:

sw1.thumb.jpg.e614d0388bdca5ff461006124e

sw2.thumb.jpg.08dd87bd38505e7f18d9603ac3

Here's a couple in our area - check out the electrical kit on the Victoria's Farmhouse!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bab/6195675618.html 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/6192387543.html

Oh dang nabit! Seeing the back just makes me want to see the back of this one even more! DRAT! Though, thank you for saving and sharing those. I'd never seen one finished before.  The family is supposed to be emailing me pictures tomorrow *fingers crossed*. I guess we'll see. :)

And that wiring kit on that Victoria's Farmhouse sells for more than $100 by itself, so that is a DEAL right there. WOW!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roseleigh said:

Anyone know what house this might be?

https://greenville.craigslist.org/clt/6163734411.html

Wow! I have no idea. My sweetie has no idea. But it's very, very cool. I love that attic opening, and I can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that before.

Can't wait to hear what @rodentraiser comes up with. I'm curious to hear what it is too!

Are you thinking of getting it?

• Like 1

Wow! I have no idea. My sweetie has no idea. But it's very, very cool. I love that attic opening, and I can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that before.

Can't wait to hear what @rodentraiser comes up with. I'm curious to hear what it is too!

Are you thinking of getting it?

Yes. :) I haven't contacted them to see if they still have it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roseleigh said:

Yes. :) I haven't contacted them to see if they still have it though.

Oooh! Well I hope they have it for you! It looks amazing!!! *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

On Sunday, July 02, 2017 7:05:33, roseleigh said:

Anyone know what house this might be?

https://greenville.craigslist.org/clt/6163734411.html

GOOD morning, ladies and gents. That house is called the Houseworks Victorian and it's made by...ta da! not Houseworks! It's made by The Doll House, Inc. It wasn't a kit - it came assembled and unfinished and was originally $640 in 1981. Catalog #1600 It's 51 1/2" H x 34 1/2" W x 23" D. Ceiling height is 10" and it says the house incorporates HW components and the thickness of the wood is supposed to be 1/2". Three floors, eight rooms.

I'd say that house is a great bargain.

• Like 4

Woodland products, The Victorian kit $30 https://janesville.craigslist.org/atq/6201788045.html

Dura Craft San Franciscan kit $50 https://madison.craigslist.org/bab/6202441484.html

Modern Edward House with furniture for $300 https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/bab/6201873324.html

Dura Craft Tudor kit for $50 https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tag/6166887803.html

Remember that Victoria's Farmhouse kit with the Circut electrical kit and all the other loot for $100? Kelly posted the link from a Craigslist ad in our area a few days back. Well, it just wouldn't leave me alone. I don't need another kit, in fact it would be at LEAST a year before I could even begin planning for it, but it's always been one that intrigued me. And now it's mine!! The hubs works right near where the guy lives and he's picking it up Thursday!!!

Oh, God! I just realized that I'm going to need to find a place to store it. Oops!

thanks to all of you for keeping a sharp eye out for these deals. I'd never have been able to afford this kit without you!

• Like 1