Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Someone clue me in here. I thought Offer Up was where someone set a price and you offered a lower one. The guy with the Glencroft has a jeep listed for $1099 and says the first offer over $1100 will take the jeep. So on Offer Up are you supposed to offer over or under the price the seller is setting?

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Someone clue me in here. I thought Offer Up was where someone set a price and you offered a lower one. The guy with the Glencroft has a jeep listed for $1099 and says the first offer over $1100 will take the jeep. So on Offer Up are you supposed to offer over or under the price the seller is setting?

Offer Up is similar to craigslist.  You can offer less or more and the seller can accept or decline.  My son has sold items there and has had success and the person has offered and then come, looked at it, and then paid and my son marks it sold.  Until it's actually sold, he doesn't mark it as sold.  That particular gentlemen is kind of an oddity in setting a line where he'll take over that amount but he can set whatever terms he likes.  Hope this helps.

13 hours ago, SewMini said:

I totally texted him to tell him I'm taking it. My Harry Potter facebook group is going nuts!

Yay!  I can't wait to see your creation.  My daughter and I are huge Harry Potter fans.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pgwyn said:

Yay!  I can't wait to see your creation.  My daughter and I are huge Harry Potter fans.

We are very excited! My poor non Potter fan husband just looks at ud and shakes his head. Poor guy lol

16 hours ago, SewMini said:

I totally texted him to tell him I'm taking it. My Harry Potter facebook group is going nuts!

Congratulations!  That really is going to be perfect for your Harry Potter project!

I bought this   Beacon Hill off e bay a couple of days ago, it is a finished but I don't think it has lights so needs a few things, furnished but I have some to add and it has a perpex back which is usefull,

2.jpg

5 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I bought this   Beacon Hill off e bay a couple of days ago, it is a finished but I don't think it has lights so needs a few things, furnished but I have some to add and it has a perpex back which is usefull,

2.jpg

Very nice.  What are your plans for it?

Well it is kind of insurance,, it will be a gift. I am getting on  and I do have some health problems and I want to leave at least one finished house  to a special  child when I am gone and as all my houses are still being worked on  and there is a chance I may not get a big  one completely finished .It is one I wanted to do  I figured maybe I could  put the lights in, furnish it and make drapes, plants , make and dress people for it plus all  the stuff which  will make it a home I have my insurance just in case.. I think I can do all that fairly quickly especially if I use the battery lights. It won't have been made by be just finished by me, but the child will be happy and she would never know anyway. and I will be happy knowing for sure I have one ready.

Thanks, I do, but I'll have to wait and see what it goes up to. Shipping is almost $40 from New York to here, so if it goes up to even $30, that starts being more money than I want to spend.

Besides, all of a sudden I got Dollhouse Disinterest Disorder. I'd really like to finish the shadowbox, but if I finish a whole house again, I want it to be the large Hofco house I have. Meantime, I've sold my Glencroft and Bramble and I'm thinking of selling my Majestic Mansions house. If I want something to work on besides the shadowbox, I always have the Arthur, the Willowcrest, and the trailer kit. I was/am a little overloaded.

I'm not really getting out of miniatures, it's just that the 2nd disbursement payment for the disability has come through and I think I'm very close to getting the rest of it. Then I can buy some land. That's all my tiny brain can process these days.

Just had to add - this is off topic, but while I'm typing this, I think we have some 40 mph gales outside. I'm just across the street from the Admiral Theater and the Cherry Poppin' Daddies are due to play there tonight. So in front if the theater, for who knows what reason, the street is blocked off and some guys are trying to put up a huge tent. In this wind. This is going to be very interesting. I was going to go grocery shopping this afternoon, but I think I'll stick around and see who wins - the tent or the wind.

OK, the wind won. The tent is flat on the ground and they opened the road. Maybe they'll put it up when the wind dies down this evening. If it does.

The Cherry Poppin' Daddies (or more likely, their roadies) are unloading their instruments and amps right now. It's always fun to watch that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

OK, the wind won. The tent is flat on the ground and they opened the road. Maybe they'll put it up when the wind dies down this evening. If it does.

The Cherry Poppin' Daddies (or more likely, their roadies) are unloading their instruments and amps right now. It's always fun to watch that.

With a band name like that, I bet the people watching will be Very Interesting:bigwink:

I have one of their CDs and I really enjoy it. The theater is pretty well insulated and I rarely hear anything, but I did hear some thumping last night!

Jodi, they do jazz/rock (I love Zoot Suit Riot) and although I'm an old heavy metal rocker from days past, I like what they do. Another band that does a lot of jazz is The Brian Setzer Orchestra.

• Like 1