Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

5 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Nicely finished house but is it a Hofco? - it looks like an RGT to me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hofco-Victorian-Dollhouse-Front-Opener-Amazing-House-HTF/332391439320

OH! Take a look at the 2nd floor bathroom - the wall is hinged and swings open so you can get into it - I LOVE THAT!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.35.38 AM.png

I'm pretty sure that's a Hofco. I would look it up but I still haven't gotten the last 5 bags of books and magazines back. I originally had 10 huge bags full. I got 5 back and sorted, none of which had my catalogs. That was almost two weeks ago. Then I was doing something else, the guy with the key to the room was sick for a week, Monday was a holiday, Tuesday I went grocery shopping, and yesterday Jim said he would call me today about when he would meet me to unlock the room where everything is. I'm still waiting..............

5 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I would buy this for $50: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Handmade-Dollhouse-Folk-Art-cottage-mid-century-wood-doll-antique-house/362068923172

I would take the carpet out, etc - restore it to its rightful glory. It is adorable and New Englandy!!!

This one is packed with lace trims: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lovely-Victorian-Dollhouse-Furnished/192226378498

This seems nice for $299: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Room-Dollhouse-3-Stories-Furnished-More/282676710210

I would have to check, but that looks like Lawbre slate on the floor in the last pic. I can't really tell, though.

That second house is the bargain I'd grab in a heartbeat if I were there. That's an American Craft Products 'Victorian' and that's another house I've been wanting for years. I just love it, but alas, I don't think I'm going to be able to pick it up.

1 hour ago, shannonc60 said:

Geez what is with those green lights?? They look hideous.

I wonder if it's an effect of the photography. I hope they are not that green in real life.

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

This is interesting - and it has a 2 story ceiling in the family room. I'd make it over to be hyper-70s or 80s style.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Vintage-Wooden-Dollhouse-Handmade-w-Fireplace-Furniture-Dolls/263253140673

Is there something odd about the roof in the room with the fireplace?  It looks like there is quite a strip of open to the sky since the roof doesn’t curve around the fireplace

On 10/13/2017, 1:35:28, Elsbeth said:

Nicely finished house but is it a Hofco? - it looks like an RGT to me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hofco-Victorian-Dollhouse-Front-Opener-Amazing-House-HTF/332391439320

OH! Take a look at the 2nd floor bathroom - the wall is hinged and swings open so you can get into it - I LOVE THAT!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.35.38 AM.png

On 10/13/2017, 6:19:35, rodentraiser said:

I'm pretty sure that's a Hofco. I would look it up but I still haven't gotten the last 5 bags of books and magazines back. I originally had 10 huge bags full. I got 5 back and sorted, none of which had my catalogs. That was almost two weeks ago. Then I was doing something else, the guy with the key to the room was sick for a week, Monday was a holiday, Tuesday I went grocery shopping, and yesterday Jim said he would call me today about when he would meet me to unlock the room where everything is. I'm still waiting..............

I would have to check, but that looks like Lawbre slate on the floor in the last pic. I can't really tell, though.

That second house is the bargain I'd grab in a heartbeat if I were there. That's an American Craft Products 'Victorian' and that's another house I've been wanting for years. I just love it, but alas, I don't think I'm going to be able to pick it up.

It's a Hofco Federal Victorian by the looks of it. There is a kit for sale on Ebay at the moment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HOFCO-DOLLHOUSE-KIT-174-THE-FEDERAL-VICTORIAN-HOUSE-/202080872619?hash=item2f0cf568ab:g:868AAOSw22dZ1Dys

Just now, rodentraiser said:

I was just curious - did anyone notice the closet under the staircase? I just saw it and I'm in love~~~~~~~~

Thanks to you I looked more closely - it is fantastic! Tiny hangers and an old vacuum. So great. Someone needs to buy that house!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

Hilarious, Samantha! That franklin is showing as $32, with a (by the way) $80 shipping charge for me. Ha ha....nope!

Haha.. Well, I can't see the US shipping charges so I can't determine the value from that point, I can only see the sale price. For me the shipping was $177 to Australia, which is a little high but isn't a completely out of the realm for a box of that size and weight so I assumed it would be similarly a little high but not ridiculous price for US buyers as well.. Apparently not. :D

They have a make an offer button, so if I lived in the US I would have made an offer that rounded the whole price (including shipping) to $100. To me that would be a decent price to pay for that kit.. But, as with everything.. it's only worth what someone is willing to pay right? :) 

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

Haha.. Well, I can't see the US shipping charges so I can't determine the value from that point, I can only see the sale price. For me the shipping was $177 to Australia, which is a little high but isn't a completely out of the realm for a box of that size and weight so I assumed it would be similarly a little high but not ridiculous price for US buyers as well.. Apparently not. :D

They have a make an offer button, so if I lived in the US I would have made an offer that rounded the whole price (including shipping) to $100. To me that would be a decent price to pay for that kit.. But, as with everything.. it's only worth what someone is willing to pay right? :) 

You're right Sam, I agree that $100 would be a decent price except for the fact that they noted that the kit "appear to be complete". The buyer will have to take a chance. I would round to $80 including shipping, that after the experience that I have shipping kits in the US, it is very possible that they will pay around $35 to send it here. I have one of this kits, mine have the box in bad shape but inside is intact and it's complete. Not sure when will I build it, nor if I will ever build it.Lol!

1 minute ago, minilover62 said:

You're right Sam, I agree that $100 would be a decent price except for the fact that they noted that the kit "appear to be complete". The buyer will have to take a chance. I would round to $80 including shipping, that after the experience that I have shipping kits in the US, it is very possible that they will pay around $35 to send it here. I have one of this kits, mine have the box in bad shape but inside is intact and it's complete. Not sure when will I build it, nor if I will ever build it.Lol!

I'm a gambler at heart so I'd gamble it's all there. lol Not suggesting anyone follow my lead though. :giggle:

39 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I'm a gambler at heart so I'd gamble it's all there. lol Not suggesting anyone follow my lead though. :giggle:

I also think that chances are that they opened the box, grabbed the instructions, got overwhelmed and didn't do anything, but like you said, please don't follow my lead either! follow your instinct!:bigwink:

This  GL Westville looks like a good deal...and ends in 13 hours! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Greenleaf-THE-WESTVILLE-WOODEN-DOLLHOUSE-KIT-1983-Scale-1-to-1-Model-8013-/253202866221?hash=item3af411202d:g:LNQAAOSwNPVZ3f8p