Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

If the seller wants that much money for that house there had better be pictures of the interior, too.  I'd like to see just how extensive that water damage is, and mold would be a definite deal killer.

42 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

If the seller wants that much money for that house there had better be pictures of the interior, too.  I'd like to see just how extensive that water damage is, and mold would be a definite deal killer.

This is exactly what I fear. I texted the seller and he is taking pictures of the interior now. Let's see if he knows and give more info about the house.

57 minutes ago, blueirishmoon said:

Love the tower on the right of that one, Carmen. Sigh. I swoon for victorian!

I love that tower too!! He is sending me pictures of the interior and it is huge!

I can see some of the RGT Queen Anne design but it is not this kit, I know. He doesn't know anything about the house because it belonged to his girlfriend's grandma who passed away.

Oh my, that is gorgeous... I wish I still lived in the USA, I'd be all over that.... If I had a door wide enough to get it through of course.

No mold; it's good to go, but I would offer at least $100 less because of the water damage and all the other repairs, to say nothing of the work to make it into the spectacular beauty it can become; but that's because my budget is severely limited.

That is one truly gorgeous house. The water damage seems to be mostly around the front of the house so maybe it won't be too extensive. And I think all of those little black dots inside the interior are mice poops so you'd have a bit of cleaning to do. But other than that it's a real beauty with so much potential.

I have more concerns about this house, for example, I really doubt that any of the electrical stuff works, most likely everything has to be redone, also, the wall that opens on the second floor totally goes beyond the porch area, so no porch at all? That straight staircase doesn't go with this mansion, the curved one does. With all the work that the house needs and based on today's slow market, I would offer a half of the asking price if it could go trough my doorway. No way I can work on it on my garage in winter time. Shame, shame because I really like this house a lot. I would love to be able to rescue it.:sad?:

13 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Can anyone of you ladies ID this beautiful dollhouse, shame that it doesn't have pictures of the inside parts..it looks like water damage or something on the front roof, right?..https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/d/doll-house/6350517219.html

It is beautiful. Looks like it is from plans. It looks so special.

1 minute ago, Elsbeth said:

It is beautiful. Looks like it is from plans. It looks so special.  I think it could be obtained for $100 total. Yep.  Also, why don't people want to wipe the mice droppings out before taking photos? 

That curved staircase is a Lawbre curved staircase. You could buy the house and then sell that staircase to make a little money.

Is there any way you can look at the bottom of the dollhouse to see if the maker signed his name?

Now I know this is a common way to make opening doors to access the inside of a dollhouse, do don't attach to much to this. It's just I've seen small doors open to the interior of dollhouses before like in your first picture and the name that's coming to mind is Paul Bronder. He custom made many dollhouses and maybe, just maybe, this could be one of them. This is just something I thought of and I have no way to find out if I'm right or not. The only thing that I think would make me correct is if you found a name on the house somewhere. I would assume, Paul Bronder, in making so many houses, would like as not sign his name to any dollhouse he made. If there's no signature, then I might assume the house isn't one of his.

Also Carmen, if you do get it, make sure you wear a good mask while cleaning out that house. Good as in see if you can get a medical mask, not just a regular carpenter's mask. Mouse droppings can contain Hanta virus (also called Sin Nombre virus - this is the one that came out of Four Corners in 1993, I think it was). You certainly don't want to get that.

Just wear a good mask and you'll be fine. It doesn't hurt for anyone to buy a couple of medical masks anyway. As the people around the Bay Area know, they can come in handy in a variety of situations, like for bad smog days, cleaning out stalls, or cleaning out anything like a dresser or old boxes that have been in an attic, garage, or storage shed for a while. I'd get that house in a heartbeat and wouldn't worry about cleaning it if I was wearing a mask.

And while thank you, I really don't know if I'm right about the house, though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Kelly, thanks a lot for all this valuable info. I could just find out about the name if I ask the seller, because I am afraid to go near this house now.Lol!

Make a low offer - no harm there - and then go get the house. It is huge but lovely. The interior windows look so well done. Wow.

I bought this house this morning on ebay.  I think it's the Elizabeth Anne, by Oakridge Corporation, although that is not how it was stated in the listing. Not sure if it's 1:24 or 1:12 because it's not stated on the box or the listing.  Any info appreciated.  I paid $96 with free shipping.

COUNTRY-ESTATE-DOLL-HOUSE-KIT-NO-1433COUNTRY-ESTATE-DOLL-HOUSE-KIT-NO-1433

• Like 1

Hi Carrie,

I think so too!  I am really excited about snagging it.  I was just scanning the listings on ebay this morning with my first cup of coffee.  Same ole stuff until page 3 when I saw this.  Tried to do some research on it but didn't really find anything, then stumbled across some old postings on the forums  regarding the Oakridge Hobbies Elizabeth Anne house, which this house looks just like.  I think it's a 1:24, but then I saw where someone also stated this house came in 1:12, but not sure if that is true or not.   Some days the stars just align in your favor!

• Like 1