Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

The Country Estate has popped up a couple of times before, but it's definitely a rare one. It seems to be an Elizabeth Anne knock-off. Another member who built one told me years ago that it's in between 1:24 and 1:12, large, and easy to build. Definitely a good deal at that price!

Here's a picture of the EA's instructions, if you want to compare the dimensions when you get the kit. The tower and peaks on the EA seem a bit more "squat" than on the Country Estate (could be an optical illusion), and it doesn't have the semi-circle windows. Also the EA doesn't come with any window trim, it's just a shell meant to take after-market windows (e.g. Houseworks or Grandt Line).

elizabeth-anne.jpg

Hi Colleen, I have this house in 1:24 scale. Look at the instructions and it should say the size of the house when built. Mine has an addition, but if they call for about 24" wide x 13" deep x 21"high, then is 1/2 scale. Great find, I loved finishing this house! 

Carmen and Emily,

Thank you so much for the information on the house.  I am really excited to get it at the price I did.  I haven't built a 1:24 scale, so this will be a learning curve for me.  I did  download the picture of the instructions that were posted on the ebay listing so I could enlarge it to see if I could find anything about the scale but it didn't state it on the front page.  I am just loving this house.  Can't wait to get it!   Again, thanks for the info and I will let you know when I get it what scale it is.

Another rare Victorianna kit has come out of the woodwork! https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1-24-SCALE-THE-VICTORIANNA-DOLLHOUSE-KIT-SEALED-/272897553510?hash=item3f89f63466:g:I-UAAOSwEEBZ7L~r

I'd love it if someone here snagged them both and bashed them together, so my back to back Victorianna would have a twin. :)

Samantha, I was in touch with the owner of that Queen Anne for a shipping quote which was enormous, and  by the time I added to the price it really wasn't worth a lot to me. I was smack bang on the fence though. It has been there a couple of weeks and am still watching it.

The only thing I have against that Medford kit is it's the same one that was on sale and went for $20 on a different site, if they would have been willing to ship I was going to buy it myself. BUT knowing they got it for the amount they did just to turn around to try and resell it on Ebay, I refuse to even look. lol

13 minutes ago, minikelli said:

The only thing I have against that Medford kit is it's the same one that was on sale and went for $20 on a different site, if they would have been willing to ship I was going to buy it myself. BUT knowing they got it for the amount they did just to turn around to try and resell it on Ebay, I refuse to even look. lol

For internationals that can't buy from other sites, this is the only way we can get these kind of kits, so there is a market.. it's still hurts to know we get gouged so much just because we don't have options.:( The price of the kit is high enough but you should see the shipping! Almost double the price of the house!:eek:

Oh, I can believe it -- just shipping from Washington state to Ohio can at times go well over $80-$100, so I can't even imagine the cost of international shipping. It's disgusting honestly just how much mailing prices have gone up in the last few years -- and not just with the Postal Service, but also with services like UPS and Fed-Ex. Downright scary at times to look to even estimate shipping...

6 hours ago, Samusa said:

It says it is "pre wired" with insta-wire. Is that common? I had not heard of that before. And this is a 1983 kit, so...it can be that insta.

8 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

It says it is "pre wired" with insta-wire. Is that common? I had not heard of that before. And this is a 1983 kit, so...it can be that insta.

When it was posted on the other site, the insta-wire shown was the old copper tape wire.

57 minutes ago, fov said:

Lol... I know how they feel..  :giggle:

That second house is gorgeous!