Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

21 hours ago, Samusa said:

I found this house on Australia's version of Craigslist, Gumtree

I think it could be a cute Christmas house and is already slightly Christmas-y on the exterior... The shutters have pine trees on them. :D 

I'm a bit inspired to do a Christmas house by Jodi @Its_a_sm_world_after_all & I dunno.. I kinda dig it.. :) 

$_20.JPG

They want $100 ($75usd) Not sure it's worth it.. what do you think?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ashmore/other-antiques-art-collectables/large-heavy-wooden-dolls-house-from-1970-s/1163205123

7 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Btw, that is the perfect balcony for Santa and Mrs. Claus to do the official pre-sleigh loading address from. 

21 hours ago, Samusa said:

I found this house on Australia's version of Craigslist, Gumtree

I think it could be a cute Christmas house and is already slightly Christmas-y on the exterior... The shutters have pine trees on them. :D 

I'm a bit inspired to do a Christmas house by Jodi @Its_a_sm_world_after_all & I dunno.. I kinda dig it.. :) 

$_20.JPG

They want $100 ($75usd) Not sure it's worth it.. what do you think?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ashmore/other-antiques-art-collectables/large-heavy-wooden-dolls-house-from-1970-s/1163205123

And here is a second house in Chicago...(they say is "Rare", but it is not, very common) https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/for/d/large-vintage-rare-wood-doll/6402697490.html

10 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

It's actually the mini copy of Rosemont in Waxahachie,, TX.

Matt, thanks so much for posting the link and clarifying the style of the house.  The Rosemont house is only 3 hours away from me. It's breathtakingly beautiful inside and out.  And it's not a white house.  I think I will name my house the Rosemont too!  I will probably be broke by the time I finish and furnish this house if I replicate the inside of the house. LOL

1 hour ago, 1martinimomma said:

Matt, thanks so much for posting the link and clarifying the style of the house.  The Rosemont house is only 3 hours away from me. It's breathtakingly beautiful inside and out.  And it's not a white house.  I think I will name my house the Rosemont too!  I will probably be broke by the time I finish and furnish this house if I replicate the inside of the house. LOL

But what fun you'll have doing it!

• Like 1

Here is a set of Pierce working window with a low starting bid.  I would be snatching this up if I didn't already have a set for my Pierce!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timberbrook-NIB-Dollhouse-Miniatures-1-12-scale-Wooden-Pierce-Working-Windows/391933255830?hash=item5b410ae096:g:8oAAAOSwvTpaGJeF

1 hour ago, 1martinimomma said:

I knew I had seen the real house at one point.  I had to do some searching but finally found it.  I remembered it was in Texas, so I had a start.  So many of the kits out there (old and new) are based on real houses!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

It's actually the mini copy of Rosemont in Waxahachie,, TX.  It is considered a Queen Anne  but has Steamboat Gothic elements.

https://circaoldhouses.com/property/rosemont-2/

Wow, that is a beautiful house and not too far from me.  I will definitely have to go see it.  I wonder if they give tours.

4 minutes ago, pgwyn said:

I wonder if they give tours

Patti, It says it's privately owned.  If you do go, let me know if you can even see it.  It states it has a tremendous drive up, I imagine it has a gate keeping the curious people like us out.  I don't want to drive all the way up there and you can't even get close to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

Ye old "antique custom built" Chantilly for $249. It won't go for that. But I do find that kit charming. 

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/clt/d/antique-custom-handbilt/6402884410.html

00B0B_gQ6W5QHLpNI_1200x900.jpg

And then look what Robin Carey did with the same kit - sigh!

IMG_4980.JPG

WOW! she has magical powers, She can turn a real 'bow wow' into the grand prize at the Westminster dog show!

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

And then look what Robin Carey did with the same kit - sigh!

19 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

WOW! she has magical powers, She can turn a real 'bow wow' into the grand prize at the Westminster dog show!

No kidding.  I absolutely love her stuff.  Sometimes, I just look at her Web site when I feel I need to be inspired.  I love Brooke Tucker, too, though she mostly does room boxes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

No kidding.  I absolutely love her stuff.  Sometimes, I just look at her Web site when I feel I need to be inspired.  I love Brooke Tucker, too, though she mostly does room boxes.

I saw somewhere...maybe Nutshell news? - where Brooke Tucker was commissioned to create a "house" of roomboxes. It was HUGE. And beautiful. It was a gift for someone on their wedding day. So the house was decorated as if in preparation for a wedding. Really cute. It must have cost a fortune. And a lot of Brooke's time. Wow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

She really decorates every inch too - in places I'd never think. She really enhanced the window trim from that kit so nicely. The only thing I think it missing is some way of keeping or a nod to the Chantilly's unique curbed doorway. I like it though it needs just a few nudges to be more realistic. Robin when with a standard replacement which was probably wise.

58 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I like it though it needs just a few nudges to be more realistic. 

Agreed. And I think the gable trim is way too chunky for the rest of the trim. But she does make a pretty house and has a lot of imagination.

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I saw somewhere...maybe Nutshell news? - where Brooke Tucker was commissioned to create a "house" of roomboxes. It was HUGE. And beautiful. It was a gift for someone on their wedding day. So the house was decorated as if in preparation for a wedding. Really cute. It must have cost a fortune. And a lot of Brooke's time. Wow.

There's a book on a lot of the Brooke Tucker roomboxes and at the end there's a full photo section of the house, with each room enlarged in color. It's quite a house. I think it was called The Yellow Rose of Texas and that Brooke had scheduled a whole year to do it in. It was originally a commission that was cancelled and Brooke had to find another buyer for it. I don't know who owns the house now.

4 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

I think it was called The Yellow Rose of Texas and that Brooke had scheduled a whole year to do it in. It was originally a commission that was cancelled and Brooke had to find another buyer for it. I don't know who owns the house now.

I do!  It's at the Miniature Time Machine Museum in Tucson.  I saw it when I was down there in October.  Duh.  I did not put two and two together until I Googled Brooke Tucker Yellow Rose of Texas.  They had several of her room boxes there as well, including an art deco room I was drooling over.

2 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

I do!  It's at the Miniature Time Machine Museum in Tucson.  I saw it when I was down there in October.  Duh.  I did not put two and two together until I Googled Brooke Tucker Yellow Rose of Texas.  They had several of her room boxes there as well, including an art deco room I was drooling over.

I'm glad it is at a Museum!

9 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

And is it me or is there no kitchen?

As I recall, there is a kitchen.  I don't think we're seeing the full house in these pictures.  It was quite a large and elaborate set-up, and you could walk all the way around it.

Her rooms do have a TV set look - which I quite like. Her stairs and bump outs/ins seem very distinctive to her work. I like them. I don't always think a bed needs a platform with stairs, but it does make a room more interesting and contemporary. I love looking at that Texas Rose house.  It must be amazing in person.

9 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Patti, It says it's privately owned.  If you do go, let me know if you can even see it.  It states it has a tremendous drive up, I imagine it has a gate keeping the curious people like us out.  I don't want to drive all the way up there and you can't even get close to it.

Ok, I have a friend who lives in waxahachie, there is also a nice quilt store and a good scrapbooking store there.

So, ever go, WHAT?!  It's the house I have been searching forever and there it is!  That just happened to me.  I pulled the trigger and made an offer for it on eBay.  Its the Opening Scenes Replica of Tara.  Complete in box.  I probably paid too much, but it is so rare, I couldn't resist!

large.5a1e31bb286de_s-l1600(2).jpg.90135

• Like 3