Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

It looks like it's a Franklin Mint dollhouse. The House of Broel was selling theirs here for $4995:

http://www.minibeargems.com/House-of-Broel-Dollhouse-By-Bonnie-Broel-Memories-of-Christmas-Doll-House_p_8289.html

16 hours ago, kokomo said:

It looks like it's a Franklin Mint dollhouse. The House of Broel was selling theirs here for $4995:

http://www.minibeargems.com/House-of-Broel-Dollhouse-By-Bonnie-Broel-Memories-of-Christmas-Doll-House_p_8289.html

Ooooh I have that house and I love it. I got mine for a lot less than Bonnie Broel is selling hers for. A fraction in fact!! How does that OfferUp listing go with the $1 listed?? They say "no lowballers" but they don't even suggest a price range...I don't get it. Well, I got mine, furnished and many furnishings still new in boxes, with all the curtains and accessories, for several hundred dollars. It have been very happy with it - it has a nice 1940s vibe. I wonder what the offerup person thinks they ought to get? I can tell you that I never thought the house was a multi-thousand dollar house, even with Bonnie's improvements. It lacks a proper stair rail at the top of the 2nd floor. BUT, I have to say I love how the third floor lifts off and you can see a tiny set of stairs going to the attic. You can only see those through the windows otherwise. And the front doors are gorgeous. Also, there is no kitchen. Just fyi. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Ooooh I have that house and I love it. I got mine for a lot less than Bonnie Broel is selling hers for. A fraction in fact!! How does that OfferUp listing go with the $1 listed?? They say "no lowballers" but they don't even suggest a price range...I don't get it.

I had the same thought. Don't list something for a dollar and then brag it used to cost $2k and suggest that a buyer who offers less than that is a cheapskate. Just say how much you want for it. (And when you do get a bunch of low offers, consider that 1) you've priced it too high, or 2) it means too much to you to sell it.)

Once on eBay I made what I thought was a reasonable offer on something that was listed for Buy It Now with a Make Offer button and the rejection (with no counter offer) came in so fast it had to have been automated. I felt like, why offer the "make offer" if you're not actually going to consider offers? I assume the seller had a minimum threshold that they wouldn't consider offers below, but it still left a negative impression, to the point where I've remembered the seller's name and don't want to buy from them. (Then again, I often think this seller's stuff is way overpriced, so not buying from them hasn't been too hard!)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, fov said:

I had the same thought. Don't list something for a dollar and then brag it used to cost $2k and suggest that a buyer who offers less than that is a cheapskate. Just say how much you want for it. (And when you do get a bunch of low offers, consider that 1) you've priced it too high, or 2) it means too much to you to sell it.)

Once on eBay I made what I thought was a reasonable offer on something that was listed for Buy It Now with a Make Offer button and the rejection (with no counter offer) came in so fast it had to have been automated. I felt like, why offer the "make offer" if you're not actually going to consider offers? I assume the seller had a minimum threshold that they wouldn't consider offers below, but it still left a negative impression, to the point where I've remembered the seller's name and don't want to buy from them. (Then again, I often think this seller's stuff is way overpriced, so not buying from them hasn't been too hard!)

I feel like I have made fair offers, too - and the rejection was automated! Are they using that because the "reserve not met" feature was an added fee or something? 

I have had good experiences - making what I felt was an educated offer, and making the offer after the item had been on ebay for a good amount of time - and the offer getting accepted. That happens most of the time. But in the past year, I have had more counter offers that only knocked a few bucks off an already high price...it was like they had a set price in mind. I wish they'd just tell me that or put that in the auction to begin with.  I guess a counter offer is better than the immediate decline - but I really don't want to haggle back and forth, so a high counteroffer is the end for me. Am I supposed to counter-counter offer? I don;t do that. One time, I made an offer to someone for an old miniature magazine, they counteroffered to a dollar less than their high price.  I declined their counteroffer and then I bought it from another seller a week later for less than my offer price! Go figure. 

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

A fraction in fact!! How does that OfferUp listing go with the $1 listed?? They say "no lowballers" but they don't even suggest a price range

1 hour ago, fov said:

I had the same thought. Don't list something for a dollar and then brag it used to cost $2k and suggest that a buyer who offers less than that is a cheapskate. Just say how much you want for it.

I know! I'm afraid to offer now. Plus it looks like it is in a storage unit....they probably won the unit at the auction and think they have stumbled on something priceless.

I made an offer on one of the Hallmark ornaments that was the same as what another person's auction started at. They flat out declined, so I bid on the other one and won it at the low price. I guess no one has ever heard of fair market value.

On 12/9/2017, 3:31:42, minikelli said:

...and anyone near enough to go get this, please do! I've corresponded with the gentleman who listed this Josiah Golden, and apparently when they bought their real life home, they inherited the dollhouse with it. They're just looking for some extra Christmas cash, and they do have the chimney that's missing in the pics:
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tag/d/vintage-doll-house/6397012730.html

If everything works out I am getting this one Friday. Thank you for posting this. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roseleigh said:

If everything works out I am getting this one Friday. Thank you for posting this. :)

Roseleigh, I'm so glad! I was really hoping to, but it's a good distance away and with my mom having had gallbladder surgery and the resulting issues of post surgery I knew I wasn't going to be able to. Sooo glad someone here is going to be getting it, and I hope fixing it up proper!  :)

7 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I have had good experiences - making what I felt was an educated offer, and making the offer after the item had been on ebay for a good amount of time - and the offer getting accepted. That happens most of the time. But in the past year, I have had more counter offers that only knocked a few bucks off an already high price...it was like they had a set price in mind. I wish they'd just tell me that or put that in the auction to begin with.

Yeah, I don't like counter offers either. My best offer is my best offer.

4 hours ago, roseleigh said:

Yay! Fingers crossed it works out!

That McKinley kit in the Bay Area looks like it's off to a good start. Seems like a great deal for $30.

15 hours ago, roseleigh said:

Yay! That unappreciated house gets a happily ever after just in tume for Christmas! Please post pics if all goes well and you bring it home! Yay happy endings!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

oh dear.  Well, the San Fran I was hoping to get a couple of weeks ago never panned out.  Instead I am going to get this little log cabin this week.  don't ask me why!  LOL :dunno: :doh:

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/tag/d/log-cabin-dollhouse/6373286078.html

It's adorable that's why! And for that price, how could you not get it! This is going to be fun to watch! *rubs hands together*

50 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

oh dear.  Well, the San Fran I was hoping to get a couple of weeks ago never panned out.  Instead I am going to get this little log cabin this week.  don't ask me why!  LOL :dunno: :doh:

Sure it needs some attention but with right spin on it...could be a cozy little cabin. 

52 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

It's awesome! I'd have gotten it to if it had showed up in my neighborhood - nice find!

33 minutes ago, fov said:

Gee, has the McKinley kit been around that long?  And who knew that Dollar Tree was selling the el cheapo dollhouse furniture 'way back then!?

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Gee, has the McKinley kit been around that long?  And who knew that Dollar Tree was selling the el cheapo dollhouse furniture 'way back then!?

$1,499 buy it now? There’s a sucker born every minute.