Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Miranda, did she tell you which kit it is?

Based on Matt’s email with her, I dont think she knows. I did send her the name of the appraiser here in Chicago so maybe that will get her in the right direction. 

3 hours ago, SewMini said:

Based on Matt’s email with her, I dont think she knows. I did send her the name of the appraiser here in Chicago so maybe that will get her in the right direction. 

Agreed with everyone.  She is still not realsiing what she has.  I was wrong to call her out on it. I should be more proactive.

Here was my response.  I felt she needed to know I was not a AH "

I am sorry. I was rude.   I am sorry for your loss.  I have been there.  But to try to sell at this as whole is not realistic. I can see what your mother had invested,  You will be better off doing it piece by piece, and on eBay..  There are those of us who so would love some of what she has. But don't expect to start a piece to high, do a startng bid at $20. You get good $$ for some, and actually do better than you are asking for the lot. When we see what you are posting, it get noticed and you will do well.
  • Like 1

She should know that a link here will bring a ton of miniaturists to her sale, too. The white kitchen cabinets she has in the kitchen are Pittypat, I think, and she could easily start those out at $20 each. The sink looks to be about $20, but the the fridge and maybe the stove are the metal ones that sell for about $50 each. That filled hutch in the first picture is worth at least $100 and it's hard to tell, but she may have a Reutter bathroom set and those are selling on eBay right now for almost $100 a set. If she were to charge a minimum of $3 or more for each small individual piece alone, she'd make quite a bit of money.

If anyone talks to her again, maybe they might suggest to her to take her favorite pieces out of the house and make a small roombox to remember her mom by and then sell the rest. Otherwise, the only advice I have for her would be to take some really really good close ups of what she has and bring them in to a miniature store. Or just compare them to what's selling on eBay and price accordingly. She might even be able to bring the house or the pieces into a consignment shop and see if they sell there. One of us close by could check the prices, take our orders and money, buy the pieces, and for an extra charge, ship them out to the rest of us.

OK, OK, that last was a little far fetched, but you never know.

Well now the posting for the 35k house mentions Brooke Tucker and Bespaq.

She'll get some money. But not as much as she thought she should. 

I wouldn't sell it if I'd inherited it. It is a very tangible insight into a person who is gone. The seller should wait at least 1 year.  I wish the seller had been into miniatures. To a collector-inheritor it would have brought more worth and joy than any cash price.

• Like 1

!/2 scale kit. I've never seen these before, but I thought some of the 1/2 scalers might be interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniatures-1-2-Half-Inch-Scale-Cassidy-Creations-Washer-Dryer-Kit/152943680810?hash=item239c275d2a:g:SAQAAOSwuepaqB7Z

I have been trying hard to figure out which house this $35K is, but I am already thinking that maybe is not a Greenleaf after all. The Duracraft Queen Anne has some resemblance, but maybe she made some alterations to whatever the original kit was. Two clues are the top triangular part on the first picture, and the small gingerbread piece behind the door also on the first picture. Hmmm

7 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Yes, I can see $35K, but she won't get it from Craig's List.  Bless her heart.

I told her that Holly, I also told her to contact Miniature Magazines to have it published. More exposure will increase her chances of a better sale. I also told her that the house belong in a Museum, but I don't know how this works, if they pay her, if the house is donated. Anybody who knows better should tell her. I would love to see this house somewhere in person. 

My goodness! What a house! I had emailed her the name of an appraiser specializing in miniatures the other day. Maybe she’ll reach out to her as well. Now that I see it it would be awful for it to be split up. It really does belong in a museum.

Tell the seller to get in touch with Lori Kagan-Moore, owner of The Dollhouse Museum in Danville, Kentucky.    Lori had several Lawbre houses on display when i was there I don't recall if there was a Glen Cove.  If she is not interested in adding it to the museum at least she would probably have a very good idea to it's value and/or some ideas for disposition.

I don't know what it's called, but I think it's the same as a house that has been on the San Francisco Craigslist on and off for a long time. It isn't listed right now, if I see it again I'll post the link.