Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

19 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

In the third pic there is a bag of grey stuff... Is that grout?? Mine didn't have that in the kit.

18 minutes ago, minilover62 said:
On 4/13/2018, 8:56:17, havanaholly said:

1 hour ago, WestPaces said:

In the third pic there is a bag of grey stuff... Is that grout?? Mine didn't have that in the kit.

I don't know what that is. Nothing like it in my kit.

I see what looks like a gray plastic bag that looks opaque; I can't make out any detail of what might be in it.  Since the box is opened I wouldn't assume that the bag came in the sealed box.

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I see what looks like a gray plastic bag that looks opaque; I can't make out any detail of what might be in it.  Since the box is opened I wouldn't assume that the bag came in the sealed box.

I would say that as often happens to some of us, that we buy a kit and make lots of plans, buy lots of stuff, and then another project goes ahead of the last one, this person bought that material to accomplish something for this kit that never happened. I'd take as extra stuff. The main question for me would be if the kit is complete since is opened....

UPDATE: I contacted the seller and the mysterious plastic bag is a hot glue gun with glue sticks that she was going to use to build the kit, and will include with the kit. She says is complete, so I am going to pick it up tomorrow.:D 

• Like 2

Well, under a lot of freezing rain I went and picked up the Beacon Hill kit, it is brand new. They bought it, opened it and got so overwhelmed that they didn't do anything but leave it flat on their office carpet for months. I checked the Bluesmart mini glue gun and along with 25 glue sticks it is at $9.99 at Amazon, so I basically got the dollhouse kit for $40. They said that they bought an already built dollhouse off Craigslist. This story repeats itself quite often, and this is how some of us get to buy pretty cheap stuff every now and then. Good luck to the next in turn for a good deal!:D

• Like 2

Welcome to the BH club Carmen :) I bought mine as a kit from a neighbor on Nextdoor for $60, same  story: bought it for their granddaughter, opened it and decided it was too complicated for her. 

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

.. :hmm: ... wondering how many Beacon Hill houses there are in the world.

I’ve always wondered how many “Tiffani” kits there are - often seems like one per person born, lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestPaces said:

Anyone in Arizona? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Miniature-Dollhouse-Kitchen-Furniture-W-Bespaq-Lot-1469/273158648642?hash=item3f99863342:g:SZQAAOSw1T1a0bNG

This seller has tons of Bespaq and other lots, apparently part of an estate sale but they are aailable for pick up only...

Yowch - and a 91% rating. How does that happen?

28 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Yowch - and a 91% rating. How does that happen?

hm didn't notice that Jenn :/ I looked through feedback and the complaints are mostly about inflated shipping costs ...

23 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Well, under a lot of freezing rain I went and picked up the Beacon Hill kit, it is brand new. They bought it, opened it and got so overwhelmed that they didn't do anything but leave it flat on their office carpet for months. I checked the Bluesmart mini glue gun and along with 25 glue sticks it is at $9.99 at Amazon, so I basically got the dollhouse kit for $40. They said that they bought an already built dollhouse off Craigslist. This story repeats itself quite often, and this is how some of us get to buy pretty cheap stuff every now and then. Good luck to the next in turn for a good deal!:D

Congrats Carmen! :) 

1 hour ago, Keifer said:

Yes congrats.  Didn’t know you were near chicago. 

Thanks! I live in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. It is only one hour from downtown Chicago, very convenient to catch some of this crazy deals that show sometimes here!

10 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Specially when it is available online at almost a third of what they are bidding there, people do your homework!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, WestPaces said:

hm didn't notice that Jenn :/ I looked through feedback and the complaints are mostly about inflated shipping costs ...

The problem is that they DO ship the lots to the auction winners, but the winner has to either use the service of the shipping company that they use, that everybody says is super expensive, or they say that the winner can use a third party of their like, the thing is that the lot/lots has/have to be gone at a certain date after the auction's ending or they will charge $10 per day if the winner doesn't pick it up by then. All of this makes me not to try even though the lots are super tempting!

6 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

The problem is that they DO ship the lots to the auction winners, but the winner has to either use the service of the shipping company that they use, that everybody says is super expensive, or they say that the winner can use a third party of their like, the thing is that the lot/lots has/have to be gone at a certain date after the auction's ending or they will charge $10 per day if the winner doesn't pick it up by then. All of this makes me not to try even though the lots are super tempting!

Also don't forget that whatever bid wins you have to ADD another 20% for the action house . 

• Like 1