Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

35 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

It is so unwieldy huge I wonder if they will get any offers. Also what is their definition of "finished" I wonder?

You know? i think for lots of people, finished means put together, forget about ANY type of real finishing at all! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minilover62 said:

I think this owner is also in for a big surprise about the amount of money that he/she thinks is going to realize. Huge, beautiful and very impressive  house. If they get the asking price minus one zero, they can consider themselves lucky. Did we see this house or one like it before? https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/clt/d/doll-house/6566037333.html

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Wow. It is interesting but needs a ton of work. I love the upper-story greenhouse/orangerie.

It has a Winchester House feel, no? 110% Winchester!

Great post.

It has a Noel Thomas feel or maybe Clell Boyce --from one angle on the end. But other parts not so much. Either inspired by or bashed into this huge creation. Wow.

The listing said recent death.....Yep, it has to be haunted...If they put that in the listing it would probably sell quick!!

• Like 1

Even haunted I don't think so.  For that asking price it ought to be completely finished, probably with coffered ceilings and intarsia floors.  Sorry.  Maybe they're planning to sell the dollhouse to finance the funeral?

It is obvious they had to keep building onto it to avoid the 1:12 scale ghosts....I don't know why they don't put that in to the auction - you are right, it would boost the price. But they'll still fall short of 30k.

lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

They  did a nice job on that one.  I wonder where they found the cars for the garage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minilover62 said:

It has a lot of charm. Loved but cared for and very well done. A few spots of mystery, but charm wins. I like it too. Needs some tlc.

Saw this tiny toilet on Ebay and thought it might be half scale? If it is its a cute and cheap option for a more modern half scale house. Half scalers can you check the dimensions and see if it is? 1.18inches x 0.7inches x 1.14inches.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Bathroom-Toilet-Model-DIY-Sand-Table-Landscape-Scene-ToysAgt/152977605260?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140106155344%26meid%3D8c6f7b6042804a74bf8633ea6859e897%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D232726654476%26itm%3D152977605260&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Here's a comparison photo of four (supposedly) 1:24 toilets I took when I started on the Victorianna's master bathroom:

victorianna686.jpg

That eBay toilet has almost the same dimensions as the third one in my photo (which is actually a little small but looks fine as long as it isn't directly next to other things that call attention to it). Since the back on the eBay toilet is proportionally lower than the one in the photo -- but the same overall height -- the seat height might actually be closer to one of the larger ones. So yeah, seems like it will work in half scale.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018, 8:17:39, minilover62 said:

I think this owner is also in for a big surprise about the amount of money that he/she thinks is going to realize. Huge, beautiful and very impressive  house. If they get the asking price minus one zero, they can consider themselves lucky. Did we see this house or one like it before? https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/clt/d/doll-house/6566037333.html

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same person who I emailed about a month ago from CL.  For the price of the house, and saying it was a death . . . .

25 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same person who I emailed about a month ago from CL.  For the price of the house, and saying it was a death . . . .

This is another one Matt. The other house was this Lawbre Glen Cove Villa that is still up on CL https://southbend.craigslist.org/art/d/furnished-lawbre-victorian/6529808817.html

And yet, another dreamer on CL. I think this one is a Lawbre Shadow Cliff, modified, but I can be wrong..https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/atq/d/collectible-victorian/6571298413.html

I'm wondering if one of those whom posted those links is related to a guy that just told me he spent $100,000 on a dollhouse?!? Mind you when I saw pics of said dollhouse it was a poorly built Duracraft farmhouse... to say the least all I could do was laugh. lol

13 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

This listing says: All proceeds from the sale of these dollhouse estate items will help fund the Wind Symphony of Marjory Stoneman High School in Parkland Florida and their trip to play at Carnegie Hall. I like that. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KathieB said:

This listing says: All proceeds from the sale of these dollhouse estate items will help fund the Wind Symphony of Marjory Stoneman High School in Parkland Florida and their trip to play at Carnegie Hall. I like that. :) 

Good for them! Thanks for pointing that out. I’m so proud of what our community is doing in light of our tragedy.