Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

On 5/8/2018, 3:02:34, WestPaces said:

Susie , who said that the insurer needed a letter? The seller?

the insurer said they wanted pictures and if they deemed it not a total loss then a disinterested party or repair shop (hahaha, like where's one of those for dollhouses) would need to say it's a total loss or how much to repair....I sent the pictures today to the claims rep, I can't see how they wouldn't say it's not a total loss....it was insured through a 3rd party called shipsavers? never heard of them.  If They give me too much  grief I will simply file a claim with PayPal and the seller can deal with the drama.  Sadly though I am so enamored of the chandelier that I'm crushed every time I look at it. =(

• Like 1

If I were you Susie I'd jjust file a claim with Paypal, Another lamp will come along. As a seller I'd just reimburse you and ask you to send the lamp back - at my cost. The seller can claim USPS. I did some sleuth work and saw the original listing :) 

8 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

If the seller doesn't ask for its return, is there any way you could repair it?

It’s slightly possible - I haven’t even tested the light wire because there’s so much else wrong here lol - I’m hoping it could be repaired - I will give the insurer until Friday - after that it’ll be claim time 

13 hours ago, jbnmini said:

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/for/d/1980s-large-wooden-doll-house/6573651429.html

ohmygosh!!  I have been ignoring this listing only because they are asking $450.....so today I decided to "just take a look"....and oh. my. gosh. It is "just down the road" from me!!  AAAAACCCKKK!!!!  :eek:

It says $450 OBO - - so what would be a reasonable offer for this? 

I think that house was made from a planbook. And you might want to double check - it says it's made from 1/2" wood and those doors and windows they show there are only made for 3/8" wood. If you're OK with that, that's fine. Of course, a lot of people have a hard time measuring 3/8" and call it 1/2", but 3/8" is sort of hard to find and they might have gone with 1/2".

• Like 2

Oh that poor Bellingham is right! I did one a number of years ago- nice house.  I sure hope someone gets it and is able to put it back into it's rightful glory!  :)

On 5/8/2018, 2:15:51, Qubanqtee said:

but you saw it now!!!!!  I was fortunate enough to have @1martinimomma run across an Artply Granville and there was a buy it now option!  I am the lucky new owner of a Granville mint in box kit =)  Happy Mothers day to me! 

So glad you got your Granville Susie. :) 

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

It's so weird how this happens so often. I'd never seen this house before until about 2 weeks ago and now I've seen three of them for sale in the last week. lol They always come in spurts don't they.. then you don't see them for ages again. 

Yeah, unfortunately they're never near me :( Speaking of coincidences, I just this minute watched the last episode of a fantastic Aussie series on Netflix called 'The Let Down', it was great!

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

It's too bad the plastic inserts sheet for that Cambridge is so damaged.

On the other hand, it's only $89 + $40 shipping. I'm not all that fond of printed mullions and muntins, anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

It's too bad the plastic inserts sheet for that Cambridge is so damaged.

It looks like there is some water damage and warping of the front board in picture #9

55 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Yes, she's been trying to sell some of her houses for years now. I've seen it up close and personal, along with many others in her private museum in New Orleans. It does have a lot of very nice furnishings, dolls, etc. As for the price, it's worth whatever someone will pay for it, eh?  Who knows ... that someone may be out there. :D 

There are photos of more of her stuff in one of my Gallery albums: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=2943

5 hours ago, WestPaces said:

I've seen it listed at that price on and off for about 4 years - that I've noticed. I guess she loves it enough not to want to part with it unless she got A LOT for it. She priced a Franklin Mint house (which I also have) at 80k, and she had redone some of the wallpaper and added some Reutter items and that seemed to be about it. I also love mine and won't part with it, but I don't bother listing it on ebay for fantastical prices. I guess in a way it is marketing for her museum?

Doe she have to pay to list all those? 

What in the world is the reasoning behind this price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Handmade-Doll-House-Furnished-On-Stand/232757217659

This seemed super charming - I love the light coming in some of the windows. Diningroom is a tad cramped, yet charming:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fully-Furnished-White-Cape-Cod-Style-Dollhouse-Expert-Crafted-Lighted/112953297667

There is a tiny fedex box leaning against the front door. Cute. There is a lot of love in this collection.

6 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I also love mine and won't part with it, but I don't bother listing it on ebay for fantastical prices. I guess in a way it is marketing for her museum?

Doe she have to pay to list all those? 

Marketing, that's probably it! Nope, you only pay if you sell (unless there's another rule for these amounts...)

11 hours ago, KathieB said:

it's worth whatever someone will pay for it, eh? 

True! You never know...

What in the world is the reasoning behind this price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Handmade-Doll-House-Furnished-On-Stand/232757217659

Hmmm....

This seemed super charming - I love the light coming in some of the windows. Diningroom is a tad cramped, yet charming:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fully-Furnished-White-Cape-Cod-Style-Dollhouse-Expert-Crafted-Lighted/112953297667

There is a tiny fedex box leaning against the front door. Cute. There is a lot of love in this collection.

I love the porch and the stairs!