Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

7 hours ago, fov said:

I was lazily clicking through the photos of this estate sale and my heart stopped when I hit #10: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/gms/d/amazing-vintage-eclectic-san/6590402981.html

My first thought was that it's a Jim Marcus, but it can't be with those Houseworks windows. Still, it looks like it could be something special. I don't have space for something that big but I'd like to see it in person, so I'll probably go down there and take a look at it tomorrow (and hope it's still there when I do!) The ad says the sale has been going since Thursday so it could be long gone. Wish I'd seen this sooner!

Update us when you find out!!!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Nice little tutorial - in russian, but photos are so good ya don't really need to read it - I especially like the button topped pots:

https://www.livemaster.ru/topic/1349287-masterim-miniatyurnyj-kuhonnyj-stol-dlya-kukolnogo-doma

My Chrome translated it, which makes it even more charming, but you're right that the pictures are enough to guide you through construction. One of the suggestions in the text is to use shoe box cardboard. Brilliant! Cheaper than buying bristol board, especially if the item is going in a shabby chic direction. :D 

I went to the estate sale and the dollhouse was still there! It's a unique house but frankly kind of boring. The facade doesn't have much to it and it's stained so it's all one color, and the interior rooms are painted white, just not very visually interesting. But it's definitely well made and substantial. It's open on both sides with plexiglass walls but I could only see one of the sides because it was pushed up against the wall. The furniture looks like assembled HoM and Realife kits.

They were asking $3500 for it, and today was the last day and 50% off so it would have been $1750. If it were a few hundred dollars I might have been tempted (and would have been in a lot of trouble when I called and asked my sweetie to drive over and help me get it home!) I didn't think until after I'd left that I should have asked them what they would do with it if it didn't sell.

I took these pictures. The top of the tower lifts off. Also there was a set of front steps sitting on the roof, that belong under the front door. The windows are opening Houseworks windows and the door is a Houseworks Victorian door.

One interesting thing is the detail in the gable, those curlicues are the corner blocks that can be used at the corners of windows and doors.

estate5.jpg

estate4.jpg

estate3.jpg

estate2.jpg

estate1.jpg

• Like 1

The good old McLoughlin house of 1894:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-Desirable-1894-McLoughlin-Brothers-4-Room-Fold-Up-Doll-House/382408909816

I want one of these, but I'm not willing to pay $400.

And I wish someone would make one (hint hint Greenleaf) - as an homage to the the McLoughlin house. Plywood "pages" and cloth tape...a reproduction homage. Doorways cut and user can paper as they please. I mean I guess I could go do that, but I'd pay someone else to. Am I in a minority for loving this folding house? 12" square pages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fov said:

I went to the estate sale and the dollhouse was still there! It's a unique house but frankly kind of boring. The facade doesn't have much to it and it's stained so it's all one color, and the interior rooms are painted white, just not very visually interesting. But it's definitely well made and substantial. It's open on both sides with plexiglass walls but I could only see one of the sides because it was pushed up against the wall. The furniture looks like assembled HoM and Realife kits.

They were asking $3500 for it, and today was the last day and 50% off so it would have been $1750. If it were a few hundred dollars I might have been tempted (and would have been in a lot of trouble when I called and asked my sweetie to drive over and help me get it home!) I didn't think until after I'd left that I should have asked them what they would do with it if it didn't sell.

I took these pictures. The top of the tower lifts off. Also there was a set of front steps sitting on the roof, that belong under the front door. The windows are opening Houseworks windows and the door is a Houseworks Victorian door.

One interesting thing is the detail in the gable, those curlicues are the corner blocks that can be used at the corners of windows and doors.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know, Emily

6 hours ago, fov said:

estate5.jpg

Thanks for sharing the details and the pics, Emily. I was curious about the house, too, but I see what you mean by it being a little boring. Why does the house have that sticker on it for "As Is $150", do you know?

It's a cool house but they're asking too much for it. Well, in my opinion, anyway.

17 minutes ago, kokomo said:

Thanks for sharing the details and the pics, Emily. I was curious about the house, too, but I see what you mean by it being a little boring. Why does the house have that sticker on it for "As Is $150", do you know?

It looks like the $150 sticker is on a table top. Maybe not on the house but the table under it?

9 hours ago, KathieB said:

It looks like the $150 sticker is on a table top. Maybe not on the house but the table under it?

Ohhh, yes, that's it. I should have looked a little more carefully. lol. Thanks, Kathie!

I like the "Mansion in Minutes".................... muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my morning! Thanks for that link, Samantha.

I'll go now and clean that coffee off the monitor..............

13 minutes ago, Soapz said:

I like the "Mansion in Minutes".................... muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my morning! Thanks for that link, Samantha.

I'll go now and clean that coffee off the monitor..............

:D