Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

44 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Berry Interesting.....I wonder who DAMFINEOHIOGUY is in real life??? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-scale-concept-miniature-dollhouse-Armour-De-l-exterieur/163066423941

I dunno ... but seeing it makes me think that one could make a birdhouse out of Plexiglas clad with solid exterior walls that slide off so as to be able to peek at the nest and babies inside. :hmm: And I wonder what his next concept will be. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KathieB said:

I dunno ... but seeing it makes me think that one could make a birdhouse out of Plexiglas clad with solid exterior walls that slide off so as to be able to peek at the nest and babies inside. :hmm: And I wonder what his next concept will be. 

That's an interesting thought, but there would need to be some ventilation so air could circulate.

11 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

That's an interesting thought, but there would need to be some ventilation so air could circulate.

Of course the design would be refined. There at least has to be an opening for the birds to get in and out, eh? Maybe a regular wooden birdhouse with one wall of Plexi and a hinged wooden outer wall for peeking. 

Betcha momma bird will build her nest to block off most of the plexi wall; it would be interesting to see how that design would work.

Our Wolf's Bay ospreycam has gone offline since an owl family took over the nest.

34 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I wonder if the seller would be sad to know that we think he has designed a spectacular birdhouse? It might make a squirrel resistant bird feeder for Kathi's garden!

LOL ... I think the seller/builder would laugh along with us. He seems to be an out-of-the-box planner/dreamer. As for squirrels, getting into this structure would be a walk in the park for those crafty little devils.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018, 10:06:15, KathieB said:

LOL ... I think the seller/builder would laugh along with us. He seems to be an out-of-the-box planner/dreamer. As for squirrels, getting into this structure would be a walk in the park for those crafty little devils.

" I will not make another and will not release blueprints."

Neither would I.

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

That house is longer than I am tall! You could bury me in it!

"And we buried her in a custom 5 room Ginny dollhouse, Amen."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

<cleaning a fine spray of diet Coke off the monitor and keyboard>

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KathieB said:

<cleaning a fine spray of diet Coke off the monitor and keyboard>

You too huh? In My case not Coke, but soda water and on the IPad, bubbles through the nose is the pits... :) 

• Like 3

re the plexiglass "house" I am trying to be diplomatic here but I can only come up with "awful"  as a house, and as a bird house it would be even worse, birds would cook in it I have to admit it is the first time I have seen a house that I felt this way about. Maybe I am missing something !! Sorry

4 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I might change my name to Ginny...or Virginia to be sophisticated like my Vogue coffin! Love you guys!:eekout:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thimble Hall said:

re the plexiglass "house" I am trying to be diplomatic here but I can only come up with "awful"  as a house, and as a bird house it would be even worse, birds would cook in it I have to admit it is the first time I have seen a house that I felt this way about. Maybe I am missing something !! Sorry

He was having fun thinking out of the box, Jeannine, and so were the rest of us. 

I just bought a First Lady! https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-UNOPENED-THE-FIRST-LADY-MANSION-1-2-SCALE-DOLL-HOUSE-MINIATURE-SCARCE/153044261074

I passed up this kit years ago and always regretted it. Of course, the one I passed up was cheaper than this. :p And I really don't need it, I have so many unbuilt kits. But I saw it and couldn't stop myself.

I just bought a First Lady! https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-UNOPENED-THE-FIRST-LADY-MANSION-1-2-SCALE-DOLL-HOUSE-MINIATURE-SCARCE/153044261074

I passed up this kit years ago and always regretted it. Of course, the one I passed up was cheaper than this. :p And I really don't need it, I have so many unbuilt kits. But I saw it and couldn't stop myself.

• Like 1