Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

1 hour ago, WestPaces said:

I love it but eeewww, when I opened the box a pungent cloud of mouse dropping smells billowed out from the box!

GAWD! Maybe it was his final resting place.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

GAWD! Maybe it was his final resting place.

SCREEEAAAAAAAM!

So did it smell like a hamster cage or what? How could you tell?

I had a mouse in my basement (he is gone now, thank you) and there was a spot that was especially "hamster-y" smelling. But to his credit, he did not enter any of my dollhouses. I checked of course. RIP little mouse.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

SCREEEAAAAAAAM!

So did it smell like a hamster cage or what? How could you tell?

I had a mouse in my basement (he is gone now, thank you) and there was a spot that was especially "hamster-y" smelling. But to his credit, he did not enter any of my dollhouses. I checked of course. RIP little mouse.

I'm not familiar with hamster cage smells Jenn but I do know what mouse pee and poo smell like  :ermm:
We have an old summer house and when we go there the signs that the Mouse family have taken up residence during the winter are more than apparent! 

:)

10 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

I'm not familiar with hamster cage smells Jenn but I do know what mouse pee and poo smell like  :ermm:
We have an old summer house and when we go there the signs that the Mouse family have taken up residence during the winter are more than apparent! 

:)

That reminds me of a book called "Gus the Ghost" - where the ghost and mouse enjoy life during the winter before the family returns to the summer house. I'll bet that mouse made some smells, but they never mention it in the book, lol.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018, 6:37:09, Mid-life madness said:
On 4/20/2018, 12:38:26, WestPaces said:

Oh those are nice! The details on the shingles and the copperwork is beautiful...

I've been looking for a house like the purple one for what seems like forever. All the rooms are the perfect size, and wiring and chandeliers are great.

My luck that I never saw it go :( if anyone has a house in similar condition. Please let me know. 

Best regards -very frustrated, lots of furniture but no house

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Verdi said:

I've been looking for a house like the purple one for what seems like forever. All the rooms are the perfect size, and wiring and chandeliers are great.

My luck that I never saw it go :( if anyone has a house in similar condition. Please let me know. 

Best regards -very frustrated, lots of furniture but no house

Those show up now and again - but they are usually Local Pick Up only.

Have you been checking OfferUp, Craigslist, and now even Facebook in your area? I have found marvelous things in my own backyard (Aka the $65 Beacon Hill with copper flashing. Still so happy with that one).

But I had to check those sources off and on, and some got away, but eventually the right one appeared at the right time. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Janet, after you clean the fridge with bleach water & then baking soda, put a pinch (if it's a mini fridge) of activated charcoal (like you get at a pet shop for an aquarium) in it for a few days.  That should kill any lingering rodent outhouse smells.

13 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Those show up now and again - but they are usually Local Pick Up only.

Have you been checking OfferUp, Craigslist, and now even Facebook in your area? I have found marvelous things in my own backyard (Aka the $65 Beacon Hill with copper flashing. Still so happy with that one).

But I had to check those sources off and on, and some got away, but eventually the right one appeared at the right time. Best of luck!

My answer just vanished, so if this shows up double please excuse me.

I live in Europe, so my only choices are ebay and etsy unfortunately. 

Hence the desperate message on this forum. I appreciate the tips tho 

Ebay is having a 20% off everything sale today. Conditions are that you have to spend a minimum of $50 and cannot exceed a discount of $100 (meaning you can spend up to $500). The code is PICKDADSGIFT. I just bought a few things that I've had on my watch list for forever and it worked fine, so...  yay!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Verdi said:

Aha...we will keep an eye out for your house!

This is when Old Doom and Gloom comes in here to remind all of you that wherever you live, do not, I repeat, do NOT get too close to mouse droppings. If you see them in any old dollhouse, make sure you wear a dust mask and use gloves to clean out the offending turds. Mouse turds can carry Hanta virus and exposure to mouse and rat urine can lead to leptospirosis or rat bite fever.

Janet, if in the next day or so you feel like you have a cold coming on or feel achy like you have the flu, get thee hence ASAP to a doctor and tell him you're worried you were exposed to Hanta virus and if he laughs, kick him in the rear and head to the ER.

OK, back to our regular scheduled programming.

12 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

This is when Old Doom and Gloom comes in here to remind all of you that wherever you live, do not, I repeat, do NOT get too close to mouse droppings. If you see them in any old dollhouse, make sure you wear a dust mask and use gloves to clean out the offending turds. Mouse turds can carry Hanta virus and exposure to mouse and rat urine can lead to leptospirosis or rat bite fever.

Janet, if in the next day or so you feel like you have a cold coming on or feel achy like you have the flu, get thee hence ASAP to a doctor and tell him you're worried you were exposed to Hanta virus and if he laughs, kick him in the rear and head to the ER.

OK, back to our regular scheduled programming.

YIKES! I didn't know this, there were no actual droppings, just the smell which I think came from the item box itself, I'm sure it was stained with mouse urine. I'll monitor my symptoms. Thanks! :(

59 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Janet, after you clean the fridge with bleach water & then baking soda, put a pinch (if it's a mini fridge) of activated charcoal (like you get at a pet shop for an aquarium) in it for a few days.  That should kill any lingering rodent outhouse smells.

Holly, it's not an actual working fridge, just a dolls house mini :) I will give it a wipe down with bleach though :( 

1 hour ago, Verdi said:

Hi Verdi, there are dollhouse vendors in Europe... Do you mean for that particular house? Where in Europe are you? There are members from all over the world in the forum :)

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Hurra. Miniaturists are the nicest. 

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Hurra, 

4 hours ago, Samusa said:

Is that a teeny tiny little mouse trap by the grain. :eek:  So cute!

Awwww... that is so cute. :) I think it even has a mouse in it!

13 hours ago, Samusa said:

Is that a teeny tiny little mouse trap by the grain. :eek:  So cute!

It IS! I hadn't noticed that - that is adorable! I just recently got a general store room box and am going to get some teeny tiny mouse traps for sure!

Remember the posting for this house?  https://lancaster.craigslist.org/for/d/1980s-large-wooden-doll-house/6573651429.html

Well, yesterday I saw that she also had it listed on Facebook Marketplace.....and since the house is literally "just down the road" from where I live....*sigh* I wrote her a note about how much I was admiring it and wondered if I could at least come to see it.  

So yeah. Who is taking bets that I will make a big announcement on my latest purchase next week!?  :eek::doh:

• Like 4