Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

13 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

There are also online escrow services, so you pay them your money and when your item arrives and both parties are happy, the money is deposited into the seller’s account. There are fees, usually payable by the buyer, but when I used the service, it was well worth the fee. That is how I bought my first laser cutter. 

Anyone could scam on any selling platform; the trick is reducing the risk to buyer and seller. 

I should also add that I’ve used parcel forwarding services and they once sent my parcel to someone else and didn’t care at all and weren’t going to find it for me. As luck would have it, it was sent to a lady about 3 hrs up the road and she rang me to tell me she had it and sent it on to me. I haven’t used a parcel forwarding service since. 

I don’t think it matters which way you go, there is room for scammers and error.

15 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

I don’t think it matters which way you go, there is room for scammers and error.

Yes - you have to do your homework on which service to use (if any), and weigh any risks.

I was very happy with Rinkya in Japan as a "personal shopper and shipper" service. But they are well known and I heard from many others how the service worked. Look for one with a  solid history and ask people in the mini community for recommendations. 

Carmen, I was tempted by that half scale house, but I stopped myself in a "What are you DOING?!" moment. I think I have that exact kit in my stash.

Here's a Hofco Federal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOFCO-FEDERAL-VICTORIAN-FRONT-OPENING-DOLLHOUSE-KW-174-Unfinished-With-2-Annexes/153085003576?hash=item23a493c738:g:HIEAAOSwtGlZNB3J

Remains to be seen if they'll get what they're asking for it ($1,100), but that price makes the one Colleen posted a few pages ago seem like a steal!

6 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Lawbre French Chateau for $700...interior finished. CHeck out the shipping price - I wonder if free pick up would be available?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Lawbre-Chateau-13-Rooms-Filled-with-Charm-the-Best-Quality/232829520720

Those are NOT oeil-de-boeuf dormers. And if the shipping is only estimated, I wouldn't take a chance. It could cost more than that to ship the house and all the furnishings.

5 hours ago, fov said:

Well, that is an older dollhouse for sure. I'd give a lot to know where they purchased the handrail on the stairs. It might be handmade. The balusters are the same kind I got from the old Dollhouse Factory back in the 80s before the store was sold.

I'd also love to know how they managed to get that plug in on top of the paneling to work with the tape wire. Or maybe that's one of those that's not working. Nice house, though.

9 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Lawbre French Chateau for $700...interior finished. CHeck out the shipping price - I wonder if free pick up would be available?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Lawbre-Chateau-13-Rooms-Filled-with-Charm-the-Best-Quality/232829520720

The listing says shipping is by USPS Priority Mail (LOL),  No way is the USPS shipping that house. The only way to ship that size house is the same way Lawbre ships them which is to crate it and send it by freight probably $1,000-$1,500 range.  As Kelly mentioned the Chateau does not have  oeil-de-boeuf dormers the French Country house does.  The Chateau is 58" wide with 12 rooms the French Country is 64" wide with 13 rooms.   Although the price is good something funny about the listing - lots of misinformation. 

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Smallsea Workshop was a museum in Carmel, CA that closed a couple of years ago and they've been selling off the buildings. They had a whole fishing village set up in 1:12 scale. I tried to go there on a visit to Carmel but they were closed that day. I was disappointed when the museum closed down before I had another chance.

Their website is still up here: http://www.smallseamini.com/welcome

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

The Appraisal says "built and furnished between the 1950s and 1970s". Uhhh I am thinking 70s - 80s.  Good luck with the 12,000 price tag.

Kelly - we are always seeing this house and mistaking it for a Noel Thomas - but it is something else that was in the70s no? That appraisal is funny.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Vintage-Handmade-Victorian-Style-Doll-House-OOAK/332700996734

7 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Kelly - we are always seeing this house and mistaking it for a Noel Thomas - but it is something else that was in the70s no? That appraisal is funny.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Vintage-Handmade-Victorian-Style-Doll-House-OOAK/332700996734

The Tower House was only designed by Noel Thomas.  Shells were built by Ray Urh and then sold by Mr. Peepers mini shop (WA).   I know of a mini shop right now that has a shell for sale for $2,800.00 with an $1,800.00 shipping charge - CRAZY!  I paid $550.00 for one a couple years ago

1 hour ago, queenannediva said:

The Tower House was only designed by Noel Thomas.  Shells were built by Ray Urh and then sold by Mr. Peepers mini shop (WA).   I know of a mini shop right now that has a shell for sale for $2,800.00 with an $1,800.00 shipping charge - CRAZY!  I paid $550.00 for one a couple years ago

Oh ok! I think I was confusing the Mr. Peepers/Ray Urhs as not being real Thomas houses. But I see now. Interesting.  12k. 

On 7/3/2018, 8:22:31, fov said:

Carmen, I was tempted by that half scale house, but I stopped myself in a "What are you DOING?!" moment. I think I have that exact kit in my stash.

I was really tempted, but I won't be at home for a few days and decided to pass. I think it didn't sold, so we might see it again at some point.

7 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Oh ok! I think I was confusing the Mr. Peepers/Ray Urhs as not being real Thomas houses. But I see now. Interesting.  12k. 

Noel's houses, the ones he and Pat actually build, sell for upwards of $30,000.  There is a mini shop here in California that gets one of their houses in for sale every now and then and it is amazing how quickly they sell.

1 hour ago, queenannediva said:

Noel's houses, the ones he and Pat actually build, sell for upwards of $30,000.  There is a mini shop here in California that gets one of their houses in for sale every now and then and it is amazing how quickly they sell.

His houses always looked fantastic in the photos. But the house in the ebay auction isn't a Thomas house. It would be amazing if it were.