Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

2 hours ago, queenannediva said:

Bespaq may be closed for good.  Nothing official just info I received this morning when I was contacted by a mini shop owner.  Will post if more info becomes available.

I had heard this from my local mini shop owner a few months ago, they stopped taking orders. I hesitated to post then, sorta watching and waiting to hear more.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, miniaddicted said:

I had heard this from my local mini shop owner a few months ago, they stopped taking orders. I hesitated to post then, sorta watching and waiting to hear more.

Yes, apparently they have closed their ebay store and their website has been reduced to almost nothing.  Several of their wholesale customers have been unable to reach them by phone or email.  Many of us have been expecting this for awhile now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, queenannediva said:

Yes, apparently they have closed their ebay store and their website has been reduced to almost nothing.  Several of their wholesale customers have been unable to reach them by phone or email.  Many of us have been expecting this for awhile now.

My world in crisis. I guess it is a good thing I capped the number of houses I will make this lifetime and have much of the Bespaq I wanted to go into them. Maybe Aztec could take their place with their Platinum range. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I love, love, love that fireplace!

32 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I love, love, love that fireplace!

I love the fireplace too .

41 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Me too I love the Sofa 

s-l1600.jpg

"Coming, Mother"

I was out looking for tiny figures to represent Norman Bates' mom in the window...this came up. But actually think she's fine - her face is a little surprising at first, but her clothing is quite nice.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018, 5:27:54, kokomo said:

Did someone buy the Beacon Hill it's now gone 

23 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

"Coming, Mother"

I was out looking for tiny figures to represent Norman Bates' mom in the window...this came up. But actually think she's fine - her face is a little surprising at first, but her clothing is quite nice.

This is definitely Norman's mother. She's perfect, from her hair to her clothes to the expression on her face -- of what? exasperation with her bat s*** crazy son? 

On 9/25/2018, 8:57:29, Qubanqtee said:

P.S.  Bespaq may be closed for good.  Nothing official just info I received this morning when I was contacted by a mini shop owner.  Will post if more info becomes available.

Did you all know that Shellie Kazan is closing her store in San Carlos, CA?  I recently purchased something from her on eBay, and she mistakenly sent me the wrong item.  When I contacted her, she profusely apologized and said that after 42 years in the mini business she was closing her shop (and probably why she got confused and sent the wrong item).  I asked if she was going to continue to sell on eBay, but haven't heard back.  I have a feeling she is closing down for good (maybe retirement :bounce:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madtex1967 said:

Did you all know that Shellie Kazan is closing her store in San Carlos, CA?  I recently purchased something from her on eBay, and she mistakenly sent me the wrong item.  When I contacted her, she profusely apologized and said that after 42 years in the mini business she was closing her shop (and probably why she got confused and sent the wrong item).  I asked if she was going to continue to sell on eBay, but haven't heard back.  I have a feeling she is closing down for good (maybe retirement :bounce:)

She had posted a huge sale on her facebook page for some time now and my beautiful niece lives not far from her shop so she was kind enough to go on a hunt and came home with some amazing things....I do believe she is closing for good.  We have few shops in CA as it is and it seems we will have fewer by the end of the year.

51 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

She had posted a huge sale on her facebook page for some time now and my beautiful niece lives not far from her shop so she was kind enough to go on a hunt and came home with some amazing things....I do believe she is closing for good.  We have few shops in CA as it is and it seems we will have fewer by the end of the year.

I was there a few months back . When I talked with her she was looking but didn't really think she would move her shop as it is just to expensive . I bough a bit of stuff back then that was all on sale. She has some incredible old items .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

I knew she was closing her shop. She had her large dollhouse for sale. I don't know if she ever sold it. A while back I was able to buy a beautiful Sonia Messer black walnut vanity bench and stool from her on eBay for peanuts. She had a Ralph Partelow piano for sale. I should have gotten that, too, but I didn't have the money at the time.

I remember when there were half a dozen plus stores in and around the Bay Area: Shellie's Miniature Mania in San Carlos, D&J Hobbies in Campbell, Village Miniatures in Cambrian Park (I think they wished they could send me home for dinner sometimes LOL), the store right across from Valley Fair where 17 meets 280, the one in Montclair, one in Pleasanton (half scale, might be still there), The Dollhouse Factory in Menlo Park, one in Benicia, The Wooden Horse in Los Gatos, the one in Fremont - I took a road trip once and went all the way up the right side of the bay to Benicia and down the other side of the Bay and visited them all. That was a magical day.

And what was the best thing that I think a lot of miniaturists miss today, I got to see first hand and up close so many of the dollhouses we only see pictures of today and all of the wallpapers that Mini-graphics made. I remember the assistant at The Dollhouse Factory. There was that huge four story Hofco Victorian and he just opened door after door on that house to show me all the rooms. I'll never forget that.

• Like 2