Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

13 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

Now this is a huge steal, it's basically free...please don't faint. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/clt/d/doll-house/6757511423.html

awwwwwwwwwww..... I feel so bad for him! :( I would buy that in a heartbeat if it were near me and I hardly ever, ever, ever buy ANYthing! Wow.

On 11/27/2018, 5:53:04, minilover62 said:

Same kit on Craigslist for $550 and maybe he will even take $500. If anyone wanted this kit, this is your chance! https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/clt/d/real-good-toys-the-queen-anne/6759030376.html

Now that I would have loved to have.  No longer posted:cry:

On 11/27/2018, 5:57:35, minilover62 said:

and Special Edition Real Good Toys unopened Princess Anne with furniture for $100!! https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tag/d/princess-anne-doll-house/6757267380.html

Too far away

I'm glad I got to see that Minneapolis listing before it was taken down. That was a great haul. I hope someone here got it (selfishly, so we can see more pictures!)

19 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

My ACP came with Mini Mundus stair kits and that opening, at least on my house is EXACTLY 2 1/2 inches wide - so unless that area has been modified like other parts of the house - those stairs ain’t going In lol

With the right tool, enlarging the openings wouldn't be too hard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I love that little house -- didn't know it was called the Sweet Pea, though. I have the half scale version which is named the Gull Bay.

gull-bay301.jpg

Apparently this house was also available in quarter scale but I've never seen it. In fact I've never seen another of the half scale version except for my own (I got it unfinished on eBay). They were made by Jackie Deiber in the '80s.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018, 11:48:09, fov said:

Tough to tell from the photos, but I think they modified the original "box" bay window opening into a door opening for the French doors shown in one of the photos. The back hinged panel has a square opening to accommodate the fancy Houseworks bay window, as well as a door opening for a back door.

As for the half panel, I think they just removed the bottom part of the wall that's usually closed in, to provide better access to the downstairs room. Unless they were intending to add an addition or something?

I think you're right on that.

18 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Now this is a huge steal, it's basically free...please don't faint. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/clt/d/doll-house/6757511423.html

OK, for those of us who snoozed and loozed, what was it? C'mon, I can take it (I think - my mother lives outside the Twin Cities). I just checked and it's already gone.

It was a front-opening San Francisco style Victorian built by a local miniature shop owner, with a ton of components, for $100. The seller said it was going to be his wife's project but she passed away before she could get started. There wasn't actually a photo of the front (just with the front open, so you couldn't see the facade) but you could tell from the visible trim and components that it was something special.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018, 2:54:19, fov said:

It was a front-opening San Francisco style Victorian built by a local miniature shop owner, with a ton of components, for $100. The seller said it was going to be his wife's project but she passed away before she could get started. There wasn't actually a photo of the front (just with the front open, so you couldn't see the facade) but you could tell from the visible trim and components that it was something special.

I had to ask, didn't I? :sad_2:

And in other unhappy news, that Walmer French dollhouse that was on Offerup? I got a message from the owner and she said the people who wanted it didn't pick it up. Was I still interested? Yes, I was! So I promptly sent a message back a couple of minutes ago. As soon as I did that, the picture showed the item was sold. Well, this nice lady sent me the message yesterday and the one time I didn't check my email...so someone else has probably gotten it. It's been one of those days.

7 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

So I promptly sent a message back a couple of minutes ago. As soon as I did that, the picture showed the item was sold.

Make sure this wasn't in response to your email.

I was also thinking that the seller had put "Sold" on the picture when the first buyer said she'd pick it up so people would quit contacting her about the house. I still haven't heard from her yet. And in other unrelated news, I found out there's a See's candy shop that's open seasonally (that means now) in the mall near me. Yes, that has nothing to do with dollhouse news, but I thought I'd let you all know in advance how fat(ter) I'm going to get over this holiday. I haven't eaten a See's truffle in almost 20 years.

I still don't know how I'd get that dollhouse home or where I'd put it. I better bring a hammer with so I can break it apart so it can fit in the back of my car. It will come home with me, one way or the other. *a vision of a small car with a 4 ft wide, 4 ft high dollhouse lashed on top flits into mind*

I also realized it's only 3 weeks till Christmas. Maybe I should change my Christmas avatar.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

I was also thinking that the seller had put "Sold" on the picture when the first buyer said she'd pick it up so people would quit contacting her about the house. I still haven't heard from her yet. And in other unrelated news, I found out there's a See's candy shop that's open seasonally (that means now) in the mall near me. Yes, that has nothing to do with dollhouse news, but I thought I'd let you all know in advance how fat(ter) I'm going to get over this holiday. I haven't eaten a See's truffle in almost 20 years.

I still don't know how I'd get that dollhouse home or where I'd put it. I better bring a hammer with so I can break it apart so it can fit in the back of my car. It will come home with me, one way or the other. *a vision of a small car with a 4 ft wide, 4 ft high dollhouse lashed on top flits into mind*

I also realized it's only 3 weeks till Christmas. Maybe I should change my Christmas avatar.

Just tie it on top of the car, hahaha! :) 

I adore See's candy. We have a local shop which I have a hard time staying away from during the holidays! :D 

Just now, rodentraiser said:

Well, I still haven't heard anything. So either the seller is away or they sold the house to someone else. I guess I'll survive. *sobs*

clearly I missed which house are we crying about? I want to cry with you.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/clt/d/dollhouse-general-store-kit-1/6757261953.html

I have an acquaintance that used to have a dollhouse supply store online (before I met them) and he has developed Parkinsons and can't enjoy the hobby as much as he did before - They have liquidated a great deal of their online inventory but have this one kit remaining and I'm not interested but someone here may be.  Most of you aren't local to me in the Inland Empire of Southern California but I'm happy to pick up the kit for you and ship it if anyone would like it.  I saw the kit today and it's sealed, never opened and my dealings with him and his wife have always been fair and equitable.  I've also seen the "bar" they created out of this kit and it's impeccably done!

3 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

interesting one for the History Buff

A beautiful house waiting to be a heirloom for sure.  Would love to have it.  But, just putting the roof on and it's finished, is just an gross understatement.  Obviously, they have never built a dollhouse.  Too bad it's so far from me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

A beautiful house waiting to be a heirloom for sure.  Would love to have it.  But, just putting the roof on and it's finished, is just an gross understatement.  Obviously, they have never built a dollhouse.  Too bad it's so far from me.

well you know I can pick it up for you and you can truck it home in February =)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Well, I still haven't heard anything. So either the seller is away or they sold the house to someone else. I guess I'll survive. *sobs*

But what about noooooow?!

I still think it's yours.

On 11/30/2018, 1:16:17, fov said:

I love that little house -- didn't know it was called the Sweet Pea, though. I have the half scale version which is named the Gull Bay.

gull-bay301.jpg

Apparently this house was also available in quarter scale but I've never seen it. In fact I've never seen another of the half scale version except for my own (I got it unfinished on eBay). They were made by Jackie Deiber in the '80s.

I would have loved to see a 1;48 Sweet Pea...love those Dieber houses.

I was reading the text - that is a HO scale house I think, 1:87 or so...it's so tiny. The blurb says "You can paint inside add wall paper, curtains and turn it into a play house for your dolls."
LOL - it is sooooooo hard to finish those after they are built!! Maybe tweezers...

This is what we have to deal with:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dollhouse-Wallpaper-Decorative-Tile-Wall-or-Floor-Dollhouse-Miniature/183293673989?hash=item2aad278205:g:jWYAAOSw8fRbMyxH

$55aud for a single sheet of printed miniature floor tiles. I am not sure if anyone ever buys this stuff, but this is quite common on Ebay. Ridiculous. And weirdly, the seller is simplybestprices.....

40 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

This is what we have to deal with:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dollhouse-Wallpaper-Decorative-Tile-Wall-or-Floor-Dollhouse-Miniature/183293673989?hash=item2aad278205:g:jWYAAOSw8fRbMyxH

$55aud for a single sheet of printed miniature floor tiles. I am not sure if anyone ever buys this stuff, but this is quite common on Ebay. Ridiculous. And weirdly, the seller is simplybestprices.....

Good grief...you could make your own set of tiles from that image - $55 lol.

• Like 1