Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Just now, Elsbeth said:

Good grief...you could make your own set of tiles from that image - $55 lol.

It says the item is in Commerce, CA yet will not post to USA, only Australia. What's with that?

1 hour ago, shannonc60 said:

This is what we have to deal with:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dollhouse-Wallpaper-Decorative-Tile-Wall-or-Floor-Dollhouse-Miniature/183293673989?hash=item2aad278205:g:jWYAAOSw8fRbMyxH

$55aud for a single sheet of printed miniature floor tiles. I am not sure if anyone ever buys this stuff, but this is quite common on Ebay. Ridiculous. And weirdly, the seller is simplybestprices.....

Ha! I see that seller all the time and they can be relied upon to be the most expensive seller for most things. At least for us in Australia. A little while ago I bought 4 Millie August furniture kits for $12.99usd.. a good deal right? Wrong, my total bill ended up being $ almost $80AUD once the global shipping program got their hands onto it and added their overpriced shipping, import tax, Goods & services tax and the exchange rate. Sadly, I got off easy that time.. I’ve had worse. I keep telling myself, never again will I buy something shipping through the GSP, but then someone has something really cute and hard to find listed with it and off I go again. Guess I need to start exerting some of my non existent willpower.:blush::giggle:

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

Ha! I see that seller all the time and they can be relied upon to be the most expensive seller for most things. At least for us in Australia. A little while ago I bought 4 Millie August furniture kits for $12.99usd.. a good deal right? Wrong, my total bill ended up being $ almost $80AUD once the global shipping program got their hands onto it and added their overpriced shipping, import tax, Goods & services tax and the exchange rate. Sadly, I got off easy that time.. I’ve had worse. I keep telling myself, never again will I buy something shipping through the GSP, but then someone has something really cute and hard to find listed with it and off I go again. Guess I need to start exerting some of my non existent willpower.:blush::giggle:

the location of this item is about 45 minutes from my home....I am happy to ship it to you if you want it =)

3 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

the location of this item is about 45 minutes from my home....I am happy to ship it to you if you want it =)

Thanks for the offer Susie but the items have already shipped. So lovely of you to offer though. :flowers:

7 hours ago, Samusa said:

Yeah I hardly bother with Ebay anymore. And I occasionally get email questionnaires from Ebay and I always comment that the GSP makes most items prohibitively expensive but it never changes. And Etsy are constantly bleating on about shipping costs being the main reason people won’t buy something and yet almost everything I see has $20usd minimum shipping. Like tiny minis or a sewing pattern or a ribbon. Things that are light/tiny.

• Like 1

Here's a 1/2" scale Bill Lankford cottage with a low starting bid: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniatures-English-Cottage-1-2-1-scale/202525335326

It's probably from a class, and not finished by Bill himself. I have the same house but mine came unfinished inside. This one has the floors and interior walls done.

There's also a nicely landscaped (but still unfinished inside) one on eBay for $395: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINIATURE-SMALL-SCALE-COTTAGE-COMPLETE-W-LANDSCAPING-WONDERFUL-PIECE/253970488828?hash=item3b21d21dfc:g:fv4AAOSwny1ajct0

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Samusa said:

Thanks for the offer Susie but the items have already shipped. So lovely of you to offer though. :flowers:

From the number on the bottom of the picture, I think that's an Itsy Bitsy paper. I wonder if you went to their website and ordered it if it would cost as much in shipping.

19 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

From the number on the bottom of the picture, I think that's an Itsy Bitsy paper. I wonder if you went to their website and ordered it if it would cost as much in shipping.

I didn’t buy the paper I bought a couple of Millie August kits, but I was commiserating with Shannon about my experiences with shipping costs on eBay. For sure when I shop at actual US mini stores like miniatures.com or earth and tree, it turns out a bit cheaper for shipping. Especially if I place an order of several items, it spreads the cost out over each item making it more bearable. (GSP won’t allow combined shipping so the cost if you buy three things from one vendor is three times the cost even if they ship in one box) The problem with the mini stores though is they are usually geared to the US market so don’t generally have an international shipping calculator, so you are kind of flying blind on what your final cost will be. There is one UK based big box miniature online shop that gives free international shipping on purchases over a certain price. That place is worth it’s weight in gold. But doesnt always have everything you want... The struggle is real internationally lol :D

I'm surprised they don't have any international shipping rates. That sort of sucks. At Christmastime, I buy stuff from Spain and Italy, and I know I've bought porcelain collies from Germany, Ireland, and the UK. I never had a problem with knowing what the shipping would be and it never seemed very excessive. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of kits at good prices I won't buy because the shipping across the US is out of this world. Probably just as well.

But we need to gird our loins up. US shipping is going up in 2019.

On 2018-12-04, 1:22:55, shannonc60 said:

This is what we have to deal with:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dollhouse-Wallpaper-Decorative-Tile-Wall-or-Floor-Dollhouse-Miniature/183293673989?hash=item2aad278205:g:jWYAAOSw8fRbMyxH

$55aud for a single sheet of printed miniature floor tiles. I am not sure if anyone ever buys this stuff, but this is quite common on Ebay. Ridiculous. And weirdly, the seller is simplybestprices.....

I wonder if they ever get any buyers with such ridiculous prices.

• Like 1

It is the holiday season, and lots of expensive eye candy??? Has anyone else noticed?

I love this house, not necessarily how it is decorated, but it is so charming on the exterior. Unfortunately, someone has fallen and she can't get up! C'mon sellers we don't want to call Child Protective Services on you! https://www.ebay.com/itm/123499084772

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Unfortunately, someone has fallen and she can't get up! C'mon sellers we don't want to call Child Protective Services on you!

<snort!>  I couldn't figure out how what you were talking about until I zoomed in on the picture of the interior.:roflmao:

53 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Looks like a Visalian in Northern California. Expensive but one to watch if you are in the area.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372525443377

wow, that house is in amazing condition for it's age....I picked this one up earlier this year and while the floors are beautifully intact the wallpaper didn't fare well.  That china display cabinet is swoon worthy.  I wonder if they have the railings and such that go on the porch....it's a beautiful house.