Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

2 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Sometimes I wonder if this people don't have a clue of what they are selling or if they are just plain scammers...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Frame-Doll-house-Furniture-Miniature-Dollhouse-Antique-Vintage-model-old/132887744318?hash=item1ef0ba0f3e:g:BSEAAOSwf1xcEx~5:rk:92:pf:0

ROTFLMAO!

3 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Sometimes I wonder if this people don't have a clue of what they are selling or if they are just plain scammers...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Frame-Doll-house-Furniture-Miniature-Dollhouse-Antique-Vintage-model-old/132887744318?hash=item1ef0ba0f3e:g:BSEAAOSwf1xcEx~5:rk:92:pf:0

2 hours ago, fov said:

Made in Taiwan!

Maybe they meant to list it for $0.99 and made a mistake?

Look at their other listings. All miniatures are either $99 or $150. They don't have a clue.

20 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Why not buy a kit, wrap it up, and then bring it home and say something like, "Look what someone at the office just gave me for a gift!"

Might work.

Or better yet, buy the kit and give it as a gift to that someone in your household. If you don't get clobbered with it, now you have another kit to work on.

Yeah, that's me, always thinking of new ways to get people to buy kits.

Love these ideas!  I will have to keep this in mind. :cucumber:

local to me, but was so happy to see a completed ACP Queen Anne in 12th scale...I've never seen one complete before the same size as mine - seems they done a nice job but it would be difficult to justify for childs play in my opinion.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tag/d/riverside-fully-furnished-doll-house/6779324424.html

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323627660493?ul_noapp=true

Im not sure why its so hard for some people to just nice - these are cool looking ties and I thought if theres too few I can use them as wall tiles...so I asked the seller how many are in the lot.  Their response was "not counting them". that was it. lol....so I guess Im not buying them hahahaha.

That's ridiculous. It's not like there are too many there to count, and how will you know if there are enough to fit your space? Poor customer service.

I still remember the nice gentleman who was selling hundreds of rolls of wallpaper. I asked for just one roll consisting of two sheets in a pattern I saw at the edge of the pile. He very nicely went through them and found the one I wanted and let me buy it separately. That's the sort of thing I remember when other people ask me for a favor. I try and pass it on as best I can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

Im not sure why its so hard for some people to just nice - these are cool looking ties and I thought if theres too few I can use them as wall tiles...so I asked the seller how many are in the lot.  Their response was "not counting them". that was it. lol....so I guess Im not buying them hahahaha.

Maybe we should all bombard him with the same question????

Oh well, my New Year's resolution is to only use my "super powers" for good....but sheesh, people always wonder why their businesses don't do well???

How difficult would it be to count the tiles and put the number in the listing?  Also, it says 1 X 1 tiles; 1 by 1 what?  Inches?  Centimeters?  Millimeters? Feet?  Smart move to let that one go.

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Maybe we should all bombard him with the same question????

Oh well, my New Year's resolution is to only use my "super powers" for good....but sheesh, people always wonder why their businesses don't do well???

thats exactly what I thought....it's just rude...they could've even said, there's approximately blah blah of the tiles.

@havanaholly exactly my thoughts as well

@fov I didn't think it was an unreasonable request either.

@rodentraiser just like you, I remember the sellers who are helpful...I try to buy from them before anyone else.

• Like 1

@Qubanqtee so ridiculous, he/she doesn’t know if they are missing out on a great repeat customer by being so lazy... heck, you can almost count them from the picture ( I came up with 73 that I could see) so how hard could it be for them? Contrast this with a lady I am working with at the moment who I told I liked her mini food and would like to buy some but the 147usd global shipping program charge..... for one mini plate of seafood!!!! Meant I wouldn’t be able to shop with her... she tried to fix it with eBay and couldn’t, so she took herself down to the post office to find out the charges for an 11 ounce box and found out it was 15usd and told me that would fit way more than one plate so if I wanted anything else,even types of food that weren’t listed she would go through her stash and see if she had any... Now THAT is customer service, you can bet I’ll be buying multiples from this lady and I’ll be a repeat customer too. :D

On 12/31/2018, 6:37:53, Qubanqtee said:

This makes me smile.  I have bought a few things from a member on this forum off eBay.  I have left positive feedback all three time and been so happy with my purchases.  But have not had her reciprocate.  After 3 times, I am done.  If the seller does not feel it is necessary to give positive feedback to a buyer on sites,  I have no issue to no longer purchase ever again.  Lost revenue and customer.   This is not an issue of waiting for a few weeks for feedback, I am talking over 6+ months.  Done.  So sad that customer service lacks and they don't understand that is is costing them future sales.

• Like 2

I always leave feedback, even a month or too later. As an Etsy seller, I think it’s really important. It amazes me how few people leave feedback. 

On a side note, it amazes me how often I see people posting photos online of kits they’ve purchased without any credit to the kit maker. Not an issue in most cases, but when they are stating these things are handmade and are profiting from them, I think it is wrong. As someone whose business is making and selling kits, it’s extremely disheartening. 

• Like 1

I left feedback once on ebay for wallpaper I had ordered. The color seemed way off from what I ordered.When she didn't respond to my attempts to contact, I did leave feedback where I did mention the color issue.I didn't leave a low score, just not a 5. She then banned me from ordering from the store.

P.S No one from here!!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018, 7:37:53, Qubanqtee said:

Auction ended with no bids.

• Like 1

This is an unusual house that if I had the $, time and place to keep it, I would have loved to finish. Somebody rescue it please; they probably would go down at least 25%. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1979-Huge-Wooden-light-up-Doll-House-needs-to-be-finished/183607283104?hash=item2abfd8cda0:g:lD0AAOSwsO5cJS7L:rk:195:pf:0