Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Can't remember if I posted this one or not:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-S-W-Crafts-Dollhouse-Kit-Victorian-Stucco-Cottage-860-RARE/332992516692?hash=item4d87e69254:g:SxwAAOSwXHxcLQTc:rk:165:pf:0

Want a red marble bathroom set? This one is sort of pricey, though:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOLLHOUSE-MINIATURE-CONTEMPORARY-SEXY-RED-BATHROOM-SET-1980S/202193842009?hash=item2f13b12f59:g:nXYAAOSw61haYSSh:sc:USPSPriority!98337!US!-1

Anyone want a Newport for a low price - Home Depot is selling them for under $300:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Newport-Dollhouse-Kit-94593/202018321?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-202018319-_-202018321-_-N

Yeah, it's the year of the bathroom. I found this simple Reutter porcelain bathroom set on eBay for only $50. Most of them go for almost twice that:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reutter-Porcelain-Dollhouse-Miniature-White-Toilet-Tub-Sink-Set-W-Original-Box/223278025934?hash=item33fc684cce:g:SpIAAOSw-iZcBAu3:rk:9:pf:0

There's also a bunch in half scale, too. I didn't even know Reutter made half scale bathrooms.

15 hours ago, minilover62 said:

This is an unusual house that if I had the $, time and place to keep it, I would have loved to finish. Somebody rescue it please; they probably would go down at least 25%. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1979-Huge-Wooden-light-up-Doll-House-needs-to-be-finished/183607283104?hash=item2abfd8cda0:g:lD0AAOSwsO5cJS7L:rk:195:pf:0

House went down almost a half! now only $220:eek:

• Like 1

"Correct in scale and authenticity"

Ahem...o rly?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLONIAL-WILLIAMSBURGH-DOLLHOUSE-CORRECT-IN-SCALE-AND-IN-AUTHENTICITY/113148495906?hash=item1a582d0822:rk:40:pf:0

It has some lovely things in it, and for a much lower price it will make someone very happy. Once you clear out a few things.

Does the guy on the second floor look correct and authentic, lol?

I think whoever used the polka dot wallpaper in the bedroom ought to have tried a wee bit harder not to have mismatches.  I ran out of fingers to list all the oopsies I found.

17 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I ran out of fingers to list all the oopsies I found.

Yup.

The stairway rug is amusing...someone is going to trip!

It's almost a great "I Spy" puzzle.

If they had said "lovingly collected items in hand built kit house" for $300, I'd be quite forgiving and even enthusiastic.

But "correct and authentic" for $3400 gets you The Treatment over here. lol. This authentic colonial house is PINK, people. 

11 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

a pink colonial? they lost me right there.

Williamsburgh Pink.

Maybe things are different in Williamsburgh colonials than with WIlliamsburg colonials?

:eek:

The backstory explains it...maybe not intentionally. That two sisters hired "me to restore the house back to it's original state".

That is some bold backstorying.  I wonder how the sisters handled the 1996 plate in full view.  But I do credit this with providing great mini-entertainment.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I thought the same thing! Poor baby is going to be crossed eyed and dizzy!

Thats what happens when you don't buy the extra sheet . YOU compromise and yes this would keep me up at night.

• Like 3

The sideways wallpaper changes direction on the other side of the window.

I have never seen a RL lighthouse with clapboard siding (I guess I live in the wrong part of the country), but those corners are sure a mess!  And that poor little girl in the bathing suit; did a shark bite off her right arm at the shoulder?  I don't think I'd give them $4999USD for it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kokomo said:

Maybe it's just me but the wallpaper in the room with the cradle looks like it's put on sideways. That would keep me up at night. No joke.

Wall coverings and doorways were not her specialty!

13 hours ago, kokomo said:

Maybe it's just me but the wallpaper in the room with the cradle looks like it's put on sideways. That would keep me up at night. No joke.

I actually was turning my head trying to figure that out - so I'm glad you also felt that way. lol

13 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I like the description: 

"THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T SEE."

(and yet I am indeed seeing it)

"I am a former Interior designer and I went to a lot of trouble and time to make sure that this lighthouse is accurate in detail and furnishings. "

OK, so what is going on in the Lighthouse keeper's bedroom that is accurate to...?!

s-l1600.jpg

That cat is good tho. I liked the parrot too...but come on...for $5000 I'm going to scrutinze every room. For $99 I'd be enthusiastic and thrilled to get the cat, parrot and a few other things.

Marble floor in the bedroom...of the lighthouse...interesting.

14 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I have never seen a RL lighthouse with clapboard siding 

BEcause it is a little known secret that clapboard really holds up to the wind and salt air and the water...lol

I have never seen an actual lighthouse/tower/beacon with wood siding. It wouldn't last. I have seen lighthouse keepers cottages with clapboard - that makes more sense. 

CORRECTION: I looked up my favorite light house - Yaquina Bay -  and it has...CLAPBOARD. So I stand corrected. This particular lighthouse is incorporated into the house - so it is a little different. And Marvelous. Wish there was a 1:48 version of it. Rooms are gorgeous early 1800s simplicity.

yaquina%20bay%20lighthouse.jpg

• Like 1