Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

2 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

The hooker on the bed???? That's my best guess!

Ah yes - The accurate and correct brothel lighthouse. That explains the action figures on the observation deck.

I love looking at those auctions. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019, 5:36:39, havanaholly said:

Not surprising.  I wonder how many potential buyers shared Susie's experience with that seller.

it just didn't seem so hard to count them out- good info for the seller to increase the chances of someone buying.  But it ended as you said with no bids so I guess no one wanted to count their money either lol.

On January 7, 2019 at 9:09:08 PM, Mid-life madness said:

I asked her about availability of the book she wrote, "An Interior Designer Designs Six Dollhouses" that she refers to in this listing.

She just responded,

"I will have a PDF downloadable version of the book available to buy on eBay within the week.
Regards,
(I omitted the name she signed here because I wasn't sure if it was proper forum etiquette)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cathy C said:

I asked her about availability of the book she wrote, "An Interior Designer Designs Six Dollhouses" that she refers to in this listing.

She just responded,

"I will have a PDF downloadable version of the book available to buy on eBay within the week.
Regards,
(I omitted the name she signed here because I wasn't sure if it was proper forum etiquette)

Ha, Ha...I hope she shares some of the interior pictures..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cathy C said:

She just responded,

Regards,

I'm getting the vibe that the book was published by prolific master-publisher Microsoft Word. And that's fine, I'm just saying...I look forward to the listing.

• Like 1

Let's take it easy on the lady with the high priced auctions. The criticisms are warranted, but this is a public forum and our snark could reflect poorly on Greenleaf.

She probably sees the houses differently than we do. She's never going to sell them at that price, but I do think she's put love into them (as well as some nice furniture and accessories), and she's proud of her work. Sometimes we can't see our own flaws.

10 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I kinda love tiny birdnests and they are lovely - but I always find it misleading or disorienting when they show more than 1 item, but are just selling 1 for that price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Handmade-Birds-Nest-w-3-Eggs/143073121867?hash=item214fd2964b:g:r5oAAOSwWH1cKS0r:rk:167:pf:0

I hate that too!

The nests are nice, but I feel like the wisps sticking off are way too big and out of scale? That would be like a 1-2 foot branch sticking out of the nest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

What I saw today:

This is one expensive rib roast - but it is a work of art! The bones are really well done! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Rib-Roast-Handmade-1-12-scale/312412460136?hash=item48bd3bd468:g:VQkAAOSwmPlcLY7P:rk:9:pf:0

I have a lot of Kiva's pieces.  Her work is amazingly well done!

7 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Wow, the bids are about the same as a real prime rib.

When visitors ask about miniature furnishings and accessories, I usually tell that that nearly anything imaginable is available -- at only twice the price of a real life version. :D 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fov said:

she's proud of her work

And she should be proud - I really enjoyed looking at those houses - lots of nice things and interesting decor ideas.

I got overly entertained by the pricing - even though I myself have said I would only part with my dollhouses for a million dollars or more...cuz I love them so much not becuase they are worth that. 

And thank you for being a good moderator, Fov

5 hours ago, jrchob said:

I loved the bird's nest and when I was looking, bought one! Will trim it up and maybe stick somewhere on the Winchester.

I like the realistic feathery and twiney bits...I also love seeing bird nests on/in dollhouses - a friend of mine manages to put them in nooks and crannies and it always surprises and delights me to find them. She even put one on her gypsy caravan. Love them.

17 hours ago, fov said:

Let's take it easy on the lady with the high priced auctions. The criticisms are warranted, but this is a public forum and our snark could reflect poorly on Greenleaf.

Thanks for the reminder. We are lucky to have such a great place like this forum.

10 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

It is a Granville......I hear a chorus of angels:note:

9 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

This would be a neat rehab!

Where are Chip and Joanna Gaines when you need them? this looks right up their alley. :) 

• Like 1