Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

40 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

This really is a nice one, with lovely details.  I love the nylon stocking hanging out of the bombe chest in the bedroom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

This really is a nice one, with lovely details.  I love the nylon stocking hanging out of the bombe chest in the bedroom.

It’s lovely! 

1 hour ago, minilover62 said:

The problem here is the $85 for shipping, and at the must it should be a half of this, so beware.

A LOT of eBayers have a low price & high shipping, because that way, if the person changes their mind & returns the item, they don't have to refund that.

On 3/27/2019, 12:15:00, miniaddicted said:

I've never heard of Hill House dollhouse. They have presented this as there are sides widthwise beyond the main front....is that right or are those just the sides, laid out to look like wings? Does anyone have a photo of it built?

On 3/30/2019, 12:56:02, miniaddicted said:

I too looked and found nothing. Thanks for confirming the style. I went back and looked at it again and read instructions, so its making sense to me. 

I'm really curious about this house. Seems like you'd get a lot for the price. But I'm hesitant to buy without ever seeing a picture of a finished version. Plus the floorplan looks really basic (center stairs, two rooms on each side) and I don't know what could really be done to make it a little more interesting.

On 4/3/2019, 12:52:27, Mid-life madness said:

Agreed but I'm wondering why the modern bathroom but everything else very colonial looking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimothyHH said:

Agreed but I'm wondering why the modern bathroom but everything else very colonial looking.

I figured "they" remodeled the bathroom at some point - like in my own house where they opted to "update" the bath and kitchen to the 1970s. Ugh. 

But I like their little 80s style bathroom update - the curtain and tub alcove are so cute. It's a very cute traditional house. I noticed there's a even a drain pipe off the gutters...cute details.

4 minutes ago, TimothyHH said:

I thought the same thing...Ha ha. No oven or refrigerator? Maybe they were stolen?

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Maybe the ice box is on a side porch or in a pantry, like my hubs' paternal grandmother's house?

When I was a tot we lived in a house that had an ice box on the back porch. I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 years old, but I vividly remember the ice man bringing a block of ice, holding it with his tongs and resting it on a leather shoulder protector of some kind.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Maybe the ice box is on a side porch or in a pantry, like my hubs' paternal grandmother's house?

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

When I was a tot we lived in a house that had an ice box on the back porch. I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 years old, but I vividly remember the ice man bringing a block of ice, holding it with his tongs and resting it on a leather shoulder protector of some kind.

My mom remembers the real ice box as well......

You would think there would be a stove, but I guess the open fire suffices. They still have a pump at the sink....too. It still is a lovely house, but @TimothyHHis right about the bathroom.

9 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

Rare Realife general store furnishings kit.  This seller has a few other Realife kits.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223469081630

I worry when a kit like this is described as "used"...

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

You guys realize this is a Greenleaf Jefferson, right?

I kept thinking it looked like my Willow, only the fireplace is different. You have got a good eye Kelly!

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Italian-Greek-woman-for-1-12-scale-dollhouse-cook-grandmother-doll-granny/192813784389

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure she was really cooking with that knife - I'm having a hard time assuming good intent. lol

At first I thought she had blood splatters all over her face and neck but when looking at the seller's other dolls I see that they're actually meant to be moles. ha ha

• Like 2