Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

On 4/10/2019, 7:43:10, Mid-life madness said:

Smoking hot deal on a Greenleaf Brookwood......Now it might be a Buttercup that shows up, but it is sold through Wayfair so you might be easily returnable. :blowup:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greenleaf-Dollhouses-Buttercup-Dollhouse/392099739560?epid=26011386542&hash=item5b4af737a8:g:mD8AAOSwKqNcohnw

At that price it might be worth taking a chance. But  if you scroll down there's a different house pictured and it's definitely not a Brookwood.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019, 10:32:23, Susan18 said:

I got all of the single windows, & one of the double windows - ALL the double doors sold before I could get them! WOW!

But I may be able to make do with a single door that I had gotten awhile ago.

WHEW! What a saga!

And NOW guess what? THE POST OFFICE DELIVERED THE PACKAGE TO THE WRONG HOUSE! (Took me 10 days to find that out!)

• Like 1

OMG, lots of good things that we used to take for granted, like a correct mailing system,  are taking a turn for the bad, and are so inefficient that is shameful.  I too was victim of this new trend of a defective mail service. I sent a package to my daughter to her school, and it took about a month to reach her, and it only happen after I complained and someone decided to fix the mistake that somebody else made along the way. I paid for a less than 7 days service and that's was what i've got. Bad, bad.... Not, no refund, compensation, nothing.

4 hours ago, minilover62 said:

OMG, lots of good things that we used to take for granted, like a correct mailing system,  are taking a turn for the bad, and are so inefficient that is shameful.  I too was victim of this new trend of a defective mail service. I sent a package to my daughter to her school, and it took about a month to reach her, and it only happen after I complained and someone decided to fix the mistake that somebody else made along the way. I paid for a less than 7 days service and that's was what i've got. Bad, bad.... Not, no refund, compensation, nothing.

Australia’s postal service is getting as bad. It took my most recent parcel 7 business days to travel the three hours from Melbourne to my home town. And expensive. More and more technology, less and less reliable. Go figure.

My postal service is pretty good! I guess the carriers who live near me in NC are very experienced, or my mail goes through the hubs with experienced workers. Any way, the only time it's an issue is when I'm waiting on things from Asia, or occasionally other overseas locales. The package from Mike in the UK took a few more days to reach me than I expected, although when they shipped to him locally they were quick as bunnies. Go figure.

20 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Australia’s postal service is getting as bad. It took my most recent parcel 7 business days to travel the three hours from Melbourne to my home town. And expensive. More and more technology, less and less reliable. Go figure.

Tell me about it.. when I get things from the US with tracking, they get to Sydney quite quickly... then languish in the distribution centre for 4 or five days before making their way up the coast. Then maybe another 2 days to be “out for delivery” :rolleyes:

I can recall the days when I could write to a cousin in England on those blue tissue-paper-thin airmail forms on Monday and have a response from her by Thursday. Man, am I ever OLD! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

I can recall the days when I could write to a cousin in England on those blue tissue-paper-thin airmail forms on Monday and have a response from her by Thursday. Man, am I ever OLD! 

I remember that airmail paper!  (Psst, dear heart, we may not feel it, but we ARE old...)

22 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I remember that airmail paper!  (Psst, dear heart, we may not feel it, but we ARE old...)

Maybe you ... <ducking and running>

On 4/18/2019, 9:02:58, havanaholly said:

Oh, definitely me!  Every morning this deceptively sweet-looking old lady stares back at me from the mirror, wondering what the heck I'm looking at!

Strange phenomenon: when I look in the mirror I see a lady with platinum blonde hair. Any mirror. Any kind of lighting. Anywhere. I was a towhead as a child. But when I see the clippings on the floor after a haircut, they are gray to white. Go figure.

You & my younger DIL!  She didn't want to be brunette, like her sister, so forever she has colored her hair and sees herself as a light blonde, whereas the color I see is a light steel gray.

Well, I'm 35 now, and when I was younger, my hair was mostly dark brown with some strands of platinum blond mixed in. As I get older, I'm getting more blond strands than brown, I'm up to almost 40% now. Problem is, the brown is so dark, the blond so light, most people think I'm going gray but I'm not. My grandma when she was in her 60s was totally platinum, so I can only think it comes from her.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

That Old Westbury Hall house ain't shabby, either.

Gorgeous things...will they really go for all these low prices?! 1 dollar?!? I'd be buying it all!!!

Look at the pine needles on the roof of the lankford cottage! And there is a snake in the creek in the landscaping...wow! Starting bid - $1.

1555416816432-df413e38044c95626a5e5ec341

1555416831417-497de1723cbd382058258e416d

file?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=880&h=880&fit=crop

On 4/16/2019, 6:20:35, Susan18 said:

And NOW guess what? THE POST OFFICE DELIVERED THE PACKAGE TO THE WRONG HOUSE! (Took me 10 days to find that out!)

I GOT MY PACKAGE! & everything in it.

(Still want to know what the other people were doing with my package all this time...)

• Like 1