Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

1 hour ago, Susan18 said:

I GOT MY PACKAGE! & everything in it.

(Still want to know what the other people were doing with my package all this time...)

COOL! finally! enjoy

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Gorgeous things...will they really go for all these low prices?! 1 dollar?!? I'd be buying it all!!!

The lucky ones would be the people close to Boston because I estimated the shipping to my home, and even the smallest item will ship for over $300!!

40 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

COOL! finally! enjoy

The lucky ones would be the people close to Boston because I estimated the shipping to my home, and even the smallest item will ship for over $300!!

That is the problem for me almost everything to my house is over $600 the smallest was over $400. Some great houses though. I'm sure the shipping includes crateing.

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Is this water damage I am seeing? The price is way too high, but I like it. https://offerup.com/item/detail/666347926/

I like a nice brownstone/San Franciscan type house - it's nice looking. Looks like water damage tho. Almost like a bowl or plate was on it...something was sitting atop that. Maybe a plant that got watered?

Sorry - but in my area that would go for $50 - 75 tops. Seriously. It's a buyer's market.

$700? Bold!! lol!

• Like 1

Hmmm.... I wonder if we have the same neighbors. A few years ago, my sister sent me a package for my birthday (April) At our family reunion in July, she asked about it; I had no idea what she was talking about (never got it). I checked w/ my PO and she put a tracer on it-nothing. Fast forward to NOVEMBER. Knock on the door. It's a woman who lived two streets over. She'd gotten the package in April, realized it wasn't hers, and left it on her dining room table. She thought it was hilarious.  The second time was a textbook my DH needed for a class. This time she only kept it for 6 weeks. By the time she brought it over, class had already started and DH had had to pay for a second book. The third time I ordered something off of Ebay. 10 days after it was supposed to have been delivered, I went to her house. Sure enough, there it was, only this time her son had ripped the package open before realizing it wasn't his!  I was driving down her street last week and there's a For Sale sign in front of her house. YAY.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nolephan said:

Hmmm.... I wonder if we have the same neighbors. A few years ago, my sister sent me a package for my birthday (April) At our family reunion in July, she asked about it; I had no idea what she was talking about (never got it). I checked w/ my PO and she put a tracer on it-nothing. Fast forward to NOVEMBER. Knock on the door. It's a woman who lived two streets over. She'd gotten the package in April, realized it wasn't hers, and left it on her dining room table. She thought it was hilarious.  The second time was a textbook my DH needed for a class. This time she only kept it for 6 weeks. By the time she brought it over, class had already started and DH had had to pay for a second book. The third time I ordered something off of Ebay. 10 days after it was supposed to have been delivered, I went to her house. Sure enough, there it was, only this time her son had ripped the package open before realizing it wasn't his!  I was driving down her street last week and there's a For Sale sign in front of her house. YAY.

I have a variation on this - but I am the person who got the other person's package - BUT WAIT...the package had MY ADDRESS on it. No mistakes or smudges or misundertandings  - verly clearly my address but some guy's name. So it was delivered correctly, but not for me. lol. So, I had no idea what to do - - didn't want to leave it outside for postman (not safe) - I was going to return it to the post office (we live around large apartment buildings, with plenty of turnover, so trying to find the person by name and no address was going to be hard). A few days later a guy rings the bell - and asks if I have his package - I tell him how happy I am that he has come for it - and he gets really irate and asks DID YOU OPEN IT?!?...jeez no...but it was addressed to my house, sir...I tried to explain that but he trundled off. I wanted to tell him to tell his mom to make sure she had the address correctly written down. I assumed it was his mom sending him a package because it had that nice old fashioned handwritten label on it. lol.

I have also gotten packages delivered that were obviously for other addresses - I delivered it to them. Knowing how the person would want it and how I'd feel - I just took it over (had to drive!). 

Anyway - deliveries can be tough.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I have a variation on this - but I am the person who got the other person's package - BUT WAIT...the package had MY ADDRESS on it. No mistakes or smudges or misundertandings  - verly clearly my address but some guy's name. So it was delivered correctly, but not for me

The first thing I thought when I read this was "drugs."   https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/01/crime-trend-shipping-drugs-to-unsuspecting-homes/30998447/   Especially when he freaked out at the idea that you might have opened it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

The first thing I thought when I read this was "drugs."   https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/01/crime-trend-shipping-drugs-to-unsuspecting-homes/30998447/   Especially when he freaked out at the idea that you might have opened it.

Or really sleazy p***...

26 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Ha! I thought this too! Definitely suspect. The sweet old lady handwriting is a decoy.

Clearly Deborah and I are the suspicious types :detective:

35 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Definitely suspect. The sweet old lady handwriting is a decoy.

Yeah.  Think about it.  If it was accidentally misaddressed, how did he know where to come and look for it, particularly if it doesn't appear that he lived in your building? :shifty:  (Totally suspicious here.)

Um, I have sticker shock......:eek:. He said his mom is 84 years old and tired of dusting......That must be his inheritance! With all the pets in there, you might need to replace the rug be fore you move in.

That is one seriously gorgeous house in apparent excellent condition, and if all those vintage contents come with it, I dare say it would appraise out close to the asking price.  If I had had a house like that as a child I'd have committed matricide if she had done what my mother did with my Keystone.

On 4/23/2019, 11:52:42, Mid-life madness said:

Is this water damage I am seeing? The price is way too high, but I like it. https://offerup.com/item/detail/666347926/

That's the San Francisco Victorian by Superlative Doll Houses. I'm posting a photo here from their catalog. i think they sold these in the 1970s? They are really well made. 3/8" Baltic birch if I remember correctly. I picked one up at a yard sale years ago. Painted all pink and blue, Shamu wallpaper and real seashells glued onto the walls in the bathroom, full-sized linoleum throughout that I swear was superglued in. It was a horror to renovate. I'm not sure I'd tackle that one though, the wood looks to be in pretty sorry shape. Certainly not for $700! Maybe for 1/10th of that, and then only maybe.

Superlative Dollhouse SF Rowhouse.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fov said:

That is one of  the most amazing houses I have ever seen.  The contents!  That must have been a lifetime of collecting.  The price is well beyond my means, but it was a treat just to look at it.

14 hours ago, fov said:

I take it by the listing title the 1930's - 1940's means most of the contents?  Certainly not the house as those are Houseworks windows and trims.  Many of the light fixtures are recent as well.  But I will say it is a beautiful collection!

37 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

I saw this listing last night.  They seem very proud of it, but ouch :headhurts: the work involved to get it in good condition.  Definitely a child's play house.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greenleaf-The-Fairfield-Dollhouse/183788110410?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Why bother to fix up some of the interior rooms and not bother to finish the outside?