Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

2 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I saw this listing last night.  They seem very proud of it, but ouch :headhurts: the work involved to get it in good condition.  Definitely a child's play house.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greenleaf-The-Fairfield-Dollhouse/183788110410?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Haha, I saw that and had the same reaction. Maybe a case of parents seeing their child's achievements through a tinted lens.

3 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I take it by the listing title the 1930's - 1940's means most of the contents?  Certainly not the house as those are Houseworks windows and trims.  Many of the light fixtures are recent as well.  But I will say it is a beautiful collection!

I enjoyed looking, and it is a nice collection but is it me or the photos —everything seems so brown!?!!

and I recognize the house or house plans —not a 1930s-40s house. I think 70s. Especially with all the brown-yellow-cream decor. The kitchen looks 50s in decor. Lots of fun in there.

love this thread and all the photo links!  

2 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I enjoyed looking, and it is a nice collection but is it me or the photos —everything seems so brown!?!!

and I recognize the house or house plans —not a 1930s-40s house. I think 70s. Especially with all the brown-yellow-cream decor. The kitchen looks 50s in decor. Lots of fun in there.

love this thread and all the photo links!  

I think the roof leaks, some of the wallpaper has water or soda stains.....

5 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I take it by the listing title the 1930's - 1940's means most of the contents?  Certainly not the house as those are Houseworks windows and trims.  Many of the light fixtures are recent as well.  But I will say it is a beautiful collection!

Much of the furniture is Reminiscence from the early- to mid-80s, so that's definitely not 1930s or 40s either.

40 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I love the addition on this - is it the Washington or the Laurel? I forget. But I love this bash of it except that some rooms appear to have no doors...that sorta freaks me out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wood-hand-built-fully-furnished-6-room-dollhouse-27-H-x-32-W-x15-D-excellent/163662607245?

This is the Washington (I also like that addition on the listed one):

large.5741a2fa4033b_farmhousefrontyard.J

and this is the Laurel (which is roomier on the inside; go figure!):

gallery_8_1103_87952.jpg

The other pictures from the listing. Here is what the seller says:

This is a very rare dollhouse made by Majestic Minis for Shelly’s Dollhouse store (now out of business). It’s huge (you will need a truck or large vehicle). It needs to be finished, but it’s truly unique! It also come with the Cir-cut lighting kit. I don’t have room at my house for it.

33 1/3 inches wide
54 inches tall
51 inches long

I don’t deliver or ship

00A0A_3nsWSyG0Qmj_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_jZcCrFLN37h_1200x900.jpg

00101_llhSPG0DuVO_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KellyA said:

Anyone near Sacramento? $100 (!!!) This has to be one of the best bargains I've seen. Those windows would cost more than that! I wonder if it's for real. From Craigslist .

This looks like a Majestic Mansion, Morningside Mansion dollhouse. The asking price is a give away!!

If i was in that area I would buy it even if i had to place it on my bed!! WAO! What a steal!!:drool2:

This posting claims that this is a Hofco kit, but the box clearly says that it is a Charmingland Dollhouses kit CK 420. Does anyone knows if Hofco made this kits or is a seller's mistake? She wants a lot for the kit maybe on the presumption that it is a Hofco kit, but... is it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hofco-Dollhouse-Romantic-Victorian-House-Kit-Model-CK-420-Unbuilt-NIB/133007765919?hash=item1ef7e1719f:g:6rMAAOSw9bFcn~cx

2 hours ago, minilover62 said:

If i was in that area I would buy it even if i had to place it on my bed!! WAO! What a steal!!:drool2:

This posting claims that this is a Hofco kit, but the box clearly says that it is a Charmingland Dollhouses kit CK 420. Does anyone knows if Hofco made this kits or is a seller's mistake? She wants a lot for the kit maybe on the presumption that it is a Hofco kit, but... is it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hofco-Dollhouse-Romantic-Victorian-House-Kit-Model-CK-420-Unbuilt-NIB/133007765919?hash=item1ef7e1719f:g:6rMAAOSw9bFcn~cx

CHARMINGLAND DOLLHOUSES trademark by HOFCO HOUSE, INC.  in WOODSBORO, , 21798.

44 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

Thank you! I had no idea.

I think it looks like something from RGT......I don't understand the high prices associated with Hofco. I know they are made from upgraded wood, but sheesh!

14 hours ago, KellyA said:

Anyone near Sacramento? $100 (!!!) This has to be one of the best bargains I've seen. Those windows would cost more than that! I wonder if it's for real. From Craigslist . . .

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/art/d/foresthill-large-rare-dollhouse/6868754534.html

Shellys Dollhouse.jpg

How hard can it be? Fly into Sacramento. Hire a U-Haul, pick up the dollhouse, and drive back home. :roflmao:

4 hours ago, minilover62 said:

I may be wrong, but I think they made 4 versions of the Charmingland houses.They all had a heart in a window somewhere. I think that's a bit pricey for that one. By maybe $600 or so... LOL

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

I think it looks like something from RGT......I don't understand the high prices associated with Hofco. I know they are made from upgraded wood, but sheesh!

I think it's because one person puts their house on eBay for a high price and the rest follow suit. You notice none of these houses are really selling. I got my large Americana Hofco house off eBay for only $100, so they're out there. Somewhere.

Another Hofco, but I think that to ask for $15K they should at least post pictures that would help the prospect buyers justify paying this kind of $, at least on focus....https://www.etsy.com/listing/651678598/hofco-americana-dollhouse-fully?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Millie+Meter+dollhouse&ref=sr_gallery-2-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

• Like 1

Wow, $15K for a dollhouse filled with Heidi Ott dolls and Melissa and Doug furniture! The Hofco Americana dollhouse is not THAT rare. I have picked up two of them in the past year both under $100.

12 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Another Hofco, but I think that to ask for $15K they should at least post pictures that would help the prospect buyers justify paying this kind of $, at least on focus....https://www.etsy.com/listing/651678598/hofco-americana-dollhouse-fully?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Millie+Meter+dollhouse&ref=sr_gallery-2-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

I agree, if you are asking that much for a house make an effort to show its beauty.....bad pictures are a BIG pet peeve with me.

I quit taking pictures with my "instant" disposable camera because the pictures, especially when I enlarged for the detail I wanted to show, was all fuzzy; now the only time I post new pictures in my albums is when my son the techie will take photos for me.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I quit taking pictures with my "instant" disposable camera because the pictures, especially when I enlarged for the detail I wanted to show, was all fuzzy; now the only time I post new pictures in my albums is when my son the techie will take photos for me.

That's too bad Holly. I wish you were closer because I would teach you how to upload from a SD card . If you have a point and shoot digital, it is fairly easy to do on a lap top.

My son showed me how to do the upload.  It's the digital camera itself that gives me fits; no matter how someone talks me through the process and I do everything correctly, when I push the button to take a photo the camera turns itself off; so I don't have one.

On 4/28/2019, 10:02:48, minilover62 said:

Don't know why anyone would pay so much for that when they could buy a RGT Vermont Farmhouse Jr. for much, much less and have the same house essentially.