Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

51 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

I am seriously thinking of thinning out my stash

You have quite a nice collection of rare houses, how's the attic looking for storage potential???Out of site out of mind:eekout:

What is it about the houses that bothers him?

Just now, Mid-life madness said:

You have quite a nice collection of rare houses, how's the attic looking for storage potential???Out of site out of mind:eekout:

What is it about the houses that bothers him?

I would probably thin out the less rare ones.  I think it is the collection that is taking up a corner of the attic, and knowing I won't get to them all.  He sees the stack of boxes every time he goes to the attic (its a walk up with a balcony we use).  I also think he doesn't want completed houses all over the house.  Right now one is in a bedroom, and the other 2 projects are in the office.

1 hour ago, madtex1967 said:

he may not notice it in the back

And pigs may fly ... what a dilemma! Maybe start talking up thinning the stash so as to make room IF something special turns up ... :hmm: 

Good luck and best wishes from a Class A Enabler :) 

3 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I am seriously thinking of thinning out my stash.  I know I will not be able to build all that I have.  So if I do that, he might be more accepting to the Granville arriving.  I looked online and found the dimensions, so will measure my vehicle.  I am sure I can fold down the back seats and it will fit no problem.  He rarely rides in it, so he may not notice it in the back, covered up . . . 

Give it to him as a birthday present with a card saying you'll donate your time to fix it up.

PS I'll take the S/W Fantasy House off your hands. It won't cost you much, I promise. LOLOLOL

3 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I am seriously thinking of thinning out my stash.  I know I will not be able to build all that I have.  So if I do that, he might be more accepting to the Granville arriving.  I looked online and found the dimensions, so will measure my vehicle.  I am sure I can fold down the back seats and it will fit no problem.  He rarely rides in it, so he may not notice it in the back, covered up . . . 

YES! I have found that built/started houses are a real time saver...and it definitely helps me thin out my kits when I have something tangible to work on.

Measuring the car is definitely a sign you are serious...lol. Good luck!

29 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Give it to him as a birthday present with a card saying you'll donate your time to fix it up.

PS I'll take the S/W Fantasy House off your hands. It won't cost you much, I promise. LOLOLOL

Btw, once I went to get a house off craigslist without measuring the dimensions because I just knew it would be mine (it was even better in person)...the house was HUGE and yet..YET...it fit magically into my compact car - it just touched the sides and ceiling and to this day I think there was magical intervention because I look at the house now and think it could not have possibly fit into the car. I swear smaller things have not fit. ANYWAY - i know it will fit if it is meant to be.

That huge house is sitting fat and happy in my collection...it's like a cat who is finally happy.

On the flip side, I traveled to see a dollhouse once and it was a dump (not evident in photos) and I had to say "Uhhhh it's a little too much for me right now."

But go for it!

• Like 2

Matt, it is meant for you.  Perhaps if some of the completed houses somehow disappeared along with an addition of funds into the household budget, he might be more accepting?

6 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I have left a dollhouse in my backseat for weeks and no one noticed it- the. Quietly moved it to an area of the garage he doesn’t frequent and viola! Like it’s be there forever lol

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019, 12:07:53, madtex1967 said:

When is your birthday, or anniversary? What an incredibly cheap present for such an occasion - right?

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019, 12:28:31, Elsbeth said:

Btw, once I went to get a house off craigslist without measuring the dimensions because I just knew it would be mine (it was even better in person)...the house was HUGE and yet..YET...it fit magically into my compact car - it just touched the sides and ceiling and to this day I think there was magical intervention because I look at the house now and think it could not have possibly fit into the car. I swear smaller things have not fit. ANYWAY - i know it will fit if it is meant to be.

That huge house is sitting fat and happy in my collection...it's like a cat who is finally happy.

On the flip side, I traveled to see a dollhouse once and it was a dump (not evident in photos) and I had to say "Uhhhh it's a little too much for me right now."

But go for it!

Hahaha! I remember the time Lisa and I went to get a dollhouse and we spent a couple hours hammering off the roof, the sides, and everything else to get it to fit in my car. And we still had it half hanging out the back on the drive home.

21 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

I have left a dollhouse in my backseat for weeks and no one noticed it- the. Quietly moved it to an area of the garage he doesn’t frequent and viola! Like it’s be there forever lol

We have 50 room inspections a year where I live. OK, not anywhere near 50, but still a lot. I've been yelled at so many times because of my dollhouses that I've sold almost all of them and the few small kits I have (bay window, trailer kit) are stuck under the sofa. Lisa's cottage that she gave me, my shadowbox, and the Rose shop are the only things I'm allowed to have out (and they haven't seen the cottage yet, but there's another inspection in about 10 days). The Hofco house and the Simplicity are hidden behind the dresser. And the other two kits are living in my car for now.

I can't wait till I get out of here. I even get yelled at because of all the miniature magazines I have. *sigh*

On 6/3/2019, 4:22:55, Mid-life madness said:

@Qubanqteeand @madtex1967.....Just say, "that old thing, I've had that for ages. Don't tell me you don't remember honey."  My husband never admits it when he can't remember something.

LOL! I do that with clothes and shoes. Either I'm getting away with it or he knows to choose his battles wisely.

Nowhere in this listing do they identify this house as a Lawbre. I don't think they know what they have. $150 for an over $1800 house, there's a bargain waiting to be had.

EBAY LISTING:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-ROOM-3-Floor-FINISHED-Colonial-Doll-House-w-Open-Close-Doors-Windows-1-12/223537746890?hash=item340be353ca:g:1G4AAOSwYdpc8uMO

LAWBRE PLANTATION HOUSE:

https://www.minishop.com/motts/shopexd.asp?id=58619

s-l1600.jpg

Lbrplant.jpg

6 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Is it a Joseph Angel, Clell Boyce , or Josiah Golden....I can't seem to tell them apart.

The ad identifies it as a Josiah Golden house. The only way I can tell it apart from the Joseph Angel house is that on either side of the chimney on the third floor, the Joseph Angel house has triangular windows. I think the similar Clell Boyce house is open to the rear (the right side of the house in these pictures, not the back side) in a different manner than either of the other two.

• Like 1

They're all Clell Boyce houses - he designed them. The main difference between the Josiah Golden house and the Joseph Angel house is at the front door and entry. The Josiah Golden house has the front door in a bay window-like entry and the Joseph Angel house is a straight entry and also has two doors, one into the dining room and one into the living room. The roof lines are also different. The Joseph Angel has a staggered roof line, while the Josiah Golden house has a roof line that is all one height.

I think the Josiah Golden house also has the center section sticking out beyond the other two rooms on either side on the back, where the Joseph Angel house is flush all across the back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

They're all Clell Boyce houses - he designed them.

Interesting, I didn't know that! Heaven only knows what other house I was thinking about. Probably a Tom Noel. Were Noel houses their own designs or were they Clell Boyce too?

Years ago I had one of Clell Boyce's houses. Or at least I think it was one of his. Victorian Times was Boyce, right? It was the Lacamas Lake House. Even though one more dollhouse is the very last thing I need, I still occasionally kick myself for selling it. The pics below are just off the web, not of mine. Mine was an unfinished shell. Probably just as well I sold it on.

Lacamas Lake House 1.jpg

Lacamas Lake House 2.jpg

Victorian Times Miniatures houses were designed by Clell Boyce. I have no idea if he was employed by the company or actually owned it. Someone here knows a whole lot more about the company than I do. Kathie B maybe? Anyway, they would be the ones to answer that question.

Pat and Noel Thomas designed, built, and sold their own houses. At one point, one of their houses was sort of mass built and sold in a store in Seattle by Ray Uhr, owner of Mr. Peepers. That store is now closed.

You SOLD the shell for the Lacamas Lake house? AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH   *runs screaming from the room*

LOL You can tell I've always loved that house, almost more than I love the Joseph Angel house.