Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

On 6/8/2019, 12:42:38, rodentraiser said:

You SOLD the shell for the Lacamas Lake house? AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH   *runs screaming from the room*

That's close to my reaction every time I think about it.

On 6/3/2019, 10:28:09, madtex1967 said:

UGH!!!  The Price has now dropped to $85 from the original $200.  I am seriously wondering if iI can keep it in my vehicle until I can sneak it into the house.

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/tag/d/metairie-doll-house-custom-built/6892754420.html

It is mine! :cucumber: The seller dropped the price to $80. Right now it is in the back of my Highlander, covered with a dark blanket. The windows are tinted, so you can't see in the back. :bigwink: I will eventually move it in the house.

Of course it needs to be cleaned up and re-glued. I will replace the gingerbread and porch posts, and other bashing. Thinking of a Bricktorian!

I will be thinning my stash, but the rare ones I will be keeping (the Fantasy Island House for one).

20190613_172327-1008x756-403x302.jpg

20190613_172335-1008x756-403x302.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

It is mine! :cucumber: The seller dropped the price to $80. Right now it is in the back of my Highlander, covered with a dark blanket. The windows are tinted, so you can't see in the back. :bigwink: I will eventually move it in the house.

Of course it needs to be cleaned up and re-glued. I will replace the gingerbread and porch posts, and other bashing. Thinking of a Bricktorian!

I will be thinning my stash, but the rare ones I will be keeping (the Fantasy Island House for one).

20190613_172327-1008x756-403x302.jpg

20190613_172335-1008x756-403x302.jpg

That is quite an elaborate house and quite a bargain price too! I think your idea to brick it would make it look even more fabulous.

7 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

It is mine! :cucumber:

Wow! Fantastic! ... at that bargain price, how about you present it as a great opportunity to do a Chip and Joanna Gaines to rehab and flip? Of course later you could ... ummm ... forget to list is anywhere. <G>

On 6/13/2019, 8:07:04, madtex1967 said:

*sighs* Ah, well.

But congratulations on your purchase! *high five*

16 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

That's a nice price for that! I always wanted to take one and make it into one of those old houses that have been made into museums. Lots of space for making art galleries...

Museums are fun to do! You can fill them with lots of trinkets, statuary, paintings, and etc. An added benefit is that those things are a lot cheaper than all the furniture and accessories a house requires! I've had one for about ten years but I've sort of tired of it and am going to turn it into a Georgian manor house. That's where the columns and tall windows from my Rosedawn are going to go. I say that as though I'll ever actually get to that project. (rolls eyes at myself and scoffs, "Pfft, sure you will.")

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

You do realize that our stashes represent our intentions to live long enough to get around to them.

Then I must intend to live to be around 125!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KellyA said:

Then I must intend to live to be around 125!

:D  My doctor (who is younger than my youngest kid!) has informed me he's going to keep me going until at least 100.

I found this house on Marketplace and will be picking it up next weekend.  I was hoping someone here would be able to identify it.  There are no pictures of the back of the house.  The guy I bought it from doesn't know anything about it except that he got it from his neighbor lady that passed away last year and it's old.  Both @Mid-life madness and @Qubanqtee think it looks like a Clell Boyce house, but just wondering if anyone here happens to have any information on this house.

5d08d0fa6a68c_Dollhouse2Unknown.thumb.jp.

5d08d0b6cca40_DollhouseUnknown.thumb.jpg

4 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

I found this house on Marketplace and will be picking it up next weekend.  I was hoping someone here would be able to identify it.  There are no pictures of the back of the house.  The guy I bought it from doesn't know anything about it except that he got it from his neighbor lady that passed away last year and it's old.  Both @Mid-life madness and @Qubanqtee think it looks like a Clell Boyce house, but just wondering if anyone here happens to have any information on this house.

It looks like the Elliot Bay by Clell Boyce.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1600&bih=757&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=WgwJXenFKIiwsAW5nI6oBw&q=elliot+bay+dollhouse&oq=elliot+bay+dollhouse&gs_l=img.3...146501.149634..150042...0.0..1.234.1530.19j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......35i39j0j0i67j0i10i24j0i10i30.f6sO8ZqLuSI

First off, congrats on the Granville purchase.  You got a heck of a deal.  As you might know I built one last year, and it's one of my favorite houses. I know you will enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

I agree that the Elliot Bay house certainly resembles this house, but there are some big differences too.  Like looking at the front of the house, the additions on the right and left side are missing.   Just wondering if the they were intentionally left off when this house was built or if they were taken off by the original owner.  Maybe, the new owner still has them?  Who knows with this guy.  I have had a heck of a time getting this guy to respond to my inquiries about the house.  It took him 5 days just to let me know that it was still available.  Then another 3 days to respond back that I would buy it and try an arrange pickup.  It's located north of Austin, and I live in Houston.  So, quite the drive to pick it up.

Oh, I found another link to a Elliot Bay on the forums, notice the door on the turret on the second floor, it's not in the same place as the one I am buying.  Also, the foundation on these houses seem to be a lot thicker.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=41136

Anyway, I am pretty excited to have it in my collection.  Thank you for the link to the Elliot Bay house.

7 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

5d08d0fa6a68c_Dollhouse2Unknown.thumb.jp.

5d08d0b6cca40_DollhouseUnknown.thumb.jpg

Looks like an Elliot Bay to me.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/377458012493928522/?lp=true

I agree that it looks a lot like the Elliott Bay without the side additions. With the tower, however, those were usually removable so they could be decorated easily. It would be a simple thing to put the tower back so the door was in a different position.

Okay, so it's an Elliott Bay, YEAH!  I got it cheap so I am happy.  After identifying it,  in my searches I haven't seen one without the side additions.  Were the side additions an extra you could add on?  The reason I am asking you can see the fireplace structure on the left side of the house is already attached.  So, the addition wouldn't really work on that side of the house.  I didn't think the houses made by Clell Boyce or Joseph Angel were sold as a kit, were they?  If so, I wonder how did the door of the tower got moved over?