Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

4 minutes ago, KellyA said:

Seller has dropped the already fair price by $100. I wish someone would buy this already so it will stop taunting me. You've no idea how close I've come to asking if I could have a freighting company come pick it up. STOP ME!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183446887423

Barbara Fritchie House.jpg

Not me!  Go for it!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

This seller has a selection GE salesman samples in 1:12 scale.

How fun are those?  I've heard of salesman samples for older wood-burning stoves, but never for these.  I love them!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019, 2:10:54, shannonc60 said:

Did you try Aliexpress?

$51.99 on Aliexpress! I had high hopes for them. I guess this one is popular - it is holding it's price between 40-50. It's adorable, imo. I worry they want me to weave that wicker sofa, tho - these kits tend to have you  tediously assemble the tiniest details. Maybe not for me after all, lol...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

$51.99 on Aliexpress! I had high hopes for them. I guess this one is popular - it is holding it's price between 40-50. It's adorable, imo. I worry they want me to weave that wicker sofa, tho - these kits tend to have you  tediously assemble the tiniest details. Maybe not for me after all, lol...

Nah, that sofa is moulded plastic, I have another of these kits with a wicker chair and it’s in two pieces that click together.

57 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

The ceilings look higher and grander in the 1:24 version. I really like it. I wish they had a 1:48 version too!! Hmmmm...I could try to make one!

The Victorianna's rooms are deeper than the McKinley's. Both houses are about the same depth, rather than the Victorianna being half the depth as you'd expect.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Samusa said:

Nah, that sofa is moulded plastic, I have another of these kits with a wicker chair and it’s in two pieces that click together.

You're enabling me...

On 7/19/2019, 3:55:59, asherah said:

I love it, but 33 inches wide? Where could the finished house be displayed?

8 hours ago, Blue Morning Glory said:

I love it, but 33 inches wide? Where could the finished house be displayed?

Actually, most medium sized dollhouses are 32" to 33" wide. But you're right - finding a place to display them is always a problem. Especially if you want people to see both the front and the back. I have a 48" cabinet to put a larger dollhouse on. Unfortunately, it's only about 14" deep, so any dollhouse I put on it will probably overhang it. Which isn't a bad thing unless you're me. Being as clumsy as an ox, I know the first thing I'll do is knock it over. *sigh*

-------------------------------------------------------

So I know the Mayfair kitchens are somewhat popular. I don't think this is a Mayfair, but it's very a similar one on Etsy in natural wood. I imagine it could be painted:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/510683722/dollhouse-handmade-by-m-for-miniatures?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=%26quot%3Bdollhouse+kit%26quot%3B&ref=sr_gallery-1-30&organic_search_click=1&cns=1

Just wanted to add this - it has nothing to do with the thread but I really don't want to start a whole 'nother thread for this. You guys know how sinks always have that fake drawer in front of them because obviously, there's a sink behind it, right? Well, I saw something someone might want to run with. They opened up a small space in place of the fake drawer and it was just the right size to put a bunch of spice jars there. This was in real life, by the way. How cute would that be in a dollhouse?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

...Just wanted to add this - it has nothing to do with the thread but I really don't want to start a whole 'nother thread for this. You guys know how sinks always have that fake drawer in front of them because obviously, there's a sink behind it, right? Well, I saw something someone might want to run with. They opened up a small space in place of the fake drawer and it was just the right size to put a bunch of spice jars there. This was in real life, by the way. How cute would that be in a dollhouse?

At one point back in the distant past there used to be a feature where that fake drawer was replaced with one that tipped out and could be used for spice jars, cooking spoons, etc.

8 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Actually, most medium sized dollhouses are 32" to 33" wide. But you're right - finding a place to display them is always a problem. Especially if you want people to see both the front and the back. I have a 48" cabinet to put a larger dollhouse on. Unfortunately, it's only about 14" deep, so any dollhouse I put on it will probably overhang it. Which isn't a bad thing unless you're me. Being as clumsy as an ox, I know the first thing I'll do is knock it over. *sigh*

-------------------------------------------------------

So I know the Mayfair kitchens are somewhat popular. I don't think this is a Mayfair, but it's very a similar one on Etsy in natural wood. I imagine it could be painted:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/510683722/dollhouse-handmade-by-m-for-miniatures?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=%26quot%3Bdollhouse+kit%26quot%3B&ref=sr_gallery-1-30&organic_search_click=1&cns=1

Just wanted to add this - it has nothing to do with the thread but I really don't want to start a whole 'nother thread for this. You guys know how sinks always have that fake drawer in front of them because obviously, there's a sink behind it, right? Well, I saw something someone might want to run with. They opened up a small space in place of the fake drawer and it was just the right size to put a bunch of spice jars there. This was in real life, by the way. How cute would that be in a dollhouse?

I remember seeing a few real size kitchens with that tip out drawer - from the 50s - and I wondered what I was supposed to put there - like dishwashing gloves or scrub brushes - but they'd be wet...I had no idea what should go into those tippy shallow drawers. 

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

I remember seeing a few real size kitchens with that tip out drawer - from the 50s - and I wondered what I was supposed to put there - like dishwashing gloves or scrub brushes - but they'd be wet...I had no idea what should go into those tippy shallow drawers. 

They still make them....This is mine minus the actual insert. (something my husband never finished) It is for sponges, gloves etc....I think mine might make a secret hiding place!

IMG_1520.thumb.JPG.176bbc0fd72443816acf3

51 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

They still make them....This is mine minus the actual insert. (something my husband never finished) It is for sponges, gloves etc....I think mine might make a secret hiding place!

So am I crazy for thinking the gloves and sponges will just get moldy in the dark? Yet that is the only thing I can think of putting in a drawer that is right under the edge of a sink. Hmmmm.

Actually you'd put the clean, DRY dishcloths and towels in the drawer; the wet ones would hang on that little rack we mount on the back of the door under the sink.

I had one of these drawers the insert part was plastic. I never used it. It was just so small and items would just fall into the cabinet. 

I never did it again in a kitchen remodel. And it certainly wouldn’t hold many spices for my house  

My spice world is a drawer with a rack you buy for a  drawer. I love it. The drawer really holds a lot of spice out of sight.  Hubby is a spice person.