Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

1 hour ago, NellBell said:

I had one of these drawers the insert part was plastic. I never used it. It was just so small and items would just fall into the cabinet. 

I never did it again in a kitchen remodel. And it certainly wouldn’t hold many spices for my house  

My spice world is a drawer with a rack you buy for a  drawer. I love it. The drawer really holds a lot of spice out of sight.  Hubby is a spice person. 

I have a shelf in my pantry with savory spices and part of another for sweet spices; the hubs' roomie at UF was from India, and he and one of his Indonesian friends used to get together and cook for all of us.

49 minutes ago, fov said:

Half scale Queen Anne Rowhouse kit with components for $225 Buy It Now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-QUEEN-ANNE-ROWHOUSE-DOLLHOUSE-KIT/312710569093?hash=item48cf009c85:g:FG4AAOSw4R1dN3dn

That's a good price for this. They rarely come up for sale.

Emily, how difficult is this kit to assemble?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EmilyPB said:

Emily, how difficult is this kit to assemble?

I have this house in 12th scale and although mine came assembled I can't imagine it would be too difficult.  Emily was kind enough to send me the instructions for the 1/2 scale and I think that they are pretty clear on what to do to assemble.  It's a great buy for the price and rare in deed.

Mine came as an assembled shell, so I don't know. (I also have a kit still in the box, that I paid about the same price for as the one currently on eBay.) But it seems pretty straightforward, it's really just a rectangle with a triangle on top of it, so I wouldn't expect it to be too tricky.

7 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

I have this house in 12th scale and although mine came assembled I can't imagine it would be too difficult.  Emily was kind enough to send me the instructions for the 1/2 scale and I think that they are pretty clear on what to do to assemble.  It's a great buy for the price and rare in deed.

Thanks! I am really tempted, but I think my husband will have me committed if he sees another dollhouse come home. ;-)

But, I may still buy it anyway. 

39 minutes ago, EmilyPB said:

Thanks! I am really tempted, but I think my husband will have me committed if he sees another dollhouse come home. ;-)

Oh, go for it!  Sooner or later he'll either understand of give up.

7 hours ago, EmilyPB said:

Someone bought it! Was it you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qubanqtee said:

its certainly is - there are major modifications to what the original should look like, but that is definitely an ACP Queen Anne Row.

Thank you Susie. I thought so but I'm not always the best at identifying manufacturers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fov said:

Someone bought it! Was it you?

Nope! I was going to when I got home from work, but someone beat me to it. I hope he/she are members of this forum so we can watch the progress. 

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this house before? The "Wildflower" dollhouse from the 1970s?? 

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/atq/d/mountville-rare-wildflower-antique/6933926279.html

The house is more odd than appealing to me but I do like the sound of furniture and building supplies being included. This is about 1.5 hours drive from Philadelphia.

1 hour ago, TimothyHH said:

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this house before? The "Wildflower" dollhouse from the 1970s?? 

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/atq/d/mountville-rare-wildflower-antique/6933926279.html

The house is more odd than appealing to me but I do like the sound of furniture and building supplies being included. This is about 1.5 hours drive from Philadelphia.

I believe that house was built from a plan book.

34 minutes ago, TimothyHH said:

It bothers me that the seller refers to it as "antique, which from its appearance it never was, and then points out it's electrified.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TimothyHH said:

It was built from plans by Jacqueline Kerr Deiber. The plan books come up on Amazon and eBay from time to time. 'Windflower Manor'

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Constructions-Plans-Windflower-Manor/383061974507?hash=item593045ddeb:g:KbQAAOSwJ8hca02Y

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimothyHH said:

I love her Pepperwood Farm plans. Her ceilings are very high (12") but I love that. I think Windflower looks more like an apartment building than a manor, though. But I love the idea of it being such a big house. It needs an exterior makeover for sure to make it more homey.

She makes good plans. If people follow the plans, the houses are huge and heavy and sturdy. I scaled her Pepperwood plans down to 1:48 and it's great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I love her Pepperwood Farm plans. Her ceilings are very high (12") but I love that. I think Windflower looks more like an apartment building than a manor, though. But I love the idea of it being such a big house. It needs an exterior makeover for sure to make it more homey.

She makes good plans. If people follow the plans, the houses are huge and heavy and sturdy. I scaled her Pepperwood plans down to 1:48 and it's great.

The Pepperwood Farm is a great house. I've seen a number of her plans done IRL. I like her Old West-style general store too. I agree the Wildflower looks more like an apartment building than a house, and even then a very odd apartment building.

Cool DH in Boulder, I've never seen one like it.

https://boulder.craigslist.org/tag/d/boulder-dollhouse/6916796649.html

It reminds me of the historic Ruth House on the Hunt family's ranch near Abiquiu, NM (in case you're wondering, that's pronounced ABBA-Q). I'll post pics below for comparison. Not exact but could sure be made into it! Sorry for the weird pic of the RL house. The only thing I could find was a video of the whole ranch when it was for sale (got $8 Million lying around, it's yours!). I had to do a screen shot from the short bit when they flew a drone past the original old house.

The Abiquiu area is gorgeous. Enjoy the scenery if you wish.

CL DH.jpg

Historic Ruth House Hunt Ranch Abiquiu NM.jpg

Thank you for the video; if anyone wants to know what I hear when I see color, the flautist nailed it!  No wonder Georgia O'Keefe moved there; the colors are just heavenly!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Thank you for the video; if anyone wants to know what I hear when I see color, the flautist nailed it!  No wonder Georgia O'Keefe moved there; the colors are just heavenly!

Yeah, oops, I should have pointed out that was Georgia O'Keefe country. I know this is off-topic but since you mentioned the colors, hubs and I stayed in the guest house of the Monks of the Desert for a few days a couple years ago (and we're not even Catholic). The monks are not too far from the Ghost Ranch. It was just so... wow, I can't even describe. Turbulent times for us at that time, but we came home re-charged. Just totally at peace. Beyond wonderful. A few scenes in this video show the beautiful area.

I'd have picked this up for $45 if I lived near it. I like it. It speaks to me - love the addition and the colors. I'd keep it as it, but would probably add some doorways and add some furnishings. I like it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wood-hand-built-fully-furnished-6-room-dollhouse-27-H-x-32-W-x15-D-excellent/153578173189