Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

31 minutes ago, Island-Shack said:

I went back to eBay to see that Lawbre Nantucket that was all messed up that was posted here not too long ago, and it's either sold/gone now. I was very tempted to go get it because it's only an hour from me. I snooze I lose. I really am running out of room though so it's ok :ermm:

Anyhoo...these two are from the same seller and I like them both...can't go get them because I'm in South Florida but they're unique, and I would make room for them if they were local LOL

Adobe style:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Adobe-style-handmade-local-pick-up-only/283524560430?hash=item420361762e:g:zJ8AAOSwl0pdDi6h

House with Garage:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-House-handmade-in-the-1950s-excellent-condition-pick-up-only/283498097866?hash=item4201cdacca:g:DikAAOSwqMBc6~~r

I posted about that awful Nantucket house. Didn't know it had sold. It showed up as "Other items you might be interested in!" just a few days ago. If it had the original windows and doors from Lawbre, I might have bought it myself! Don't be disappointed that it's gone. With the awful components they put on that house, I wouldn't have bought it if the seller lived next door to me. You're better off without it.

I've seen both that adobe and the Cape Cod with the garage. Shame the adobe isn't a full house, I love it. That Cape Cod looks my first real dollhouse. It was built from the Doll Domiciles plans but had two windows on both sides of the front door, like the one you posted, and five very tall narrow dormers on the roof.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-Domiciles-Colonial-Williamsburg-Dollhouse-Plans-Vintage-1-12-1-Scale/352730215558

Gosh, I loved that house. I gave it to a cousin when I went to college. She later let her 2-year old daughter use it as a playhouse. Needless to say, it was completely destroyed. It ended up in a landfill somewhere years ago. *cries*

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kells said:

Gosh, I loved that house. I gave it to a cousin when I went to college. She later let her 2-year old daughter use it as a playhouse. Needless to say, it was completely destroyed. It ended up in a landfill somewhere years ago. *cries*

:cry:

1 hour ago, Island-Shack said:

I love the Flamenco action in the courtyard! It is a really nice piece.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

For that price, it oughta come with picket fencing on top of the turret. **giggle**

54 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Those humongous nails coming out of the wall above the downstairs mantle are troubling.

38 minutes ago, Kells said:

Not me; I worry that substances like that will do worse than turn my brain into Swiss cheese.

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I wonder if they meant $145.00 and didn't notice the typo? It looks big but doesn't seem all too special. I like the floor plan though, and the wrap around porch.

3 hours ago, Kells said:

If that's the case with this one, I still don't see $500 for it, either.

5 hours ago, Kells said:

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Not me; I worry that substances like that will do worse than turn my brain into Swiss cheese.

True, and then I might do something stupid. Like pay $5,000 for that $50 dollhouse, lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kells said:

I wish I could get that for this!  I have this kit in my stash (keeping it).  I just sold (if I receive payment) the main house kit (no carriage house) for much less than $5k.  LOL

These are Skilcraft kit houses.  They are nice kits, but . . . :dunce:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I wish I could get that for this!  I have this kit in my stash (keeping it).  I just sold (if I receive payment) the main house kit (no carriage house) for much less than $5k.  LOL

These are Skilcraft kit houses.  They are nice kits, but . . . :dunce:

I'm glad you told us who made it. I thought it might be a Skilcraft kit but then I thought didn't McCall's have a pattern similar to this? I get all these houses so confused with one another!

49 minutes ago, asherah said:

Not all that pricey for the detailed workmanship that I could see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asherah said:

Although it is shown finished, I believe they're selling a kit.  The description says easy to assemble, instructions included, doesn't include shingles.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fov said:

Anyone know what this is? https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/art/d/san-francisco-partly-assembled/6947359237.html

They say it's a kit, but it's a stick construction. The only kits I know of like that are some of the Carlson houses (like the Golden Gate) but I have no idea what this one might be.

That doesn't look like a kit to me. It looks like those architectural models high school and trade school students build to learn about frame building construction. My older brother made one in a high school woodworking class that looked very much like that but without the 2-story section.

2 hours ago, fov said:

Anyone know what this is? https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/art/d/san-francisco-partly-assembled/6947359237.html

They say it's a kit, but it's a stick construction. The only kits I know of like that are some of the Carlson houses (like the Golden Gate) but I have no idea what this one might be.

It does look a bit like Carlson construction style. Jodi’s building one of their shops at the moment and some of that framing looks very similar to it.