Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Alrighty, I've established that I suck at knowing who made what, so I'm asking you experts to identify this one. Posting this here because it is for sale after all, although they need to knock at least $300 off the price IMO.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/tag/d/mountain-view-large-unfinished-wood/6941157028.html

As for identification, I have a reason for asking. I'm still trying to figure out who made my Dutch gambrel. I think it's the same manufacturer as that one for sale. I keep guessing Batrie, but I thought the windows were Duracraft but what do I know. They were like these but in 1/12.

https://www.amazon.com/Dollhouse-Miniature-8-Light-Window-Shutters/dp/B003AKVVPU

You can see the outline of those attached built-in shutters on mine. I gouged out those awful things and threw them away.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=137839

If Batrie or Duracraft never made a gambrel roof, I think it's possible a previous owner modified it into a gambrel? Any experts want to take a shot? It's been driving me batty.

14 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

I agree! some of those houses are outrageous compared to what you're getting!  You don't get to charge for time in service lol!  

And then there's these kits, which I love but the price AND shipping are completely mad!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/B-H-MINIATURES-1980s-LEADED-GLASS-CUPBOARD-1-12-Scale-KIT-702-1-NEW-VINTAGE/323873396099?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/B-H-MINIATURES-1980s-LEADED-GLASS-CUPBOARD-1-12-Scale-KIT-701-1-NEW-VINTAGE/323873399028?hash=item4b685be0f4:g:J24AAOSwi6tdQjyp

https://www.ebay.com/itm/B-H-MINIATURES-1980S-1-12-Scale-PIE-SAFE-RARE-KIT-606-1-NEW-SEALED-VINTAGE/223607375621?hash=item341009c705:g:el4AAOSwcHhdQigT

it seems that many of her things are completely overpriced but hey I guess you can list it however you want!

I agree those prices are far too high for B.H. kits. They're nice kits but geez.

Have you seen these? They say artisan created but they look like finished B.H. kits to me. Finished and half the price (at the moment anyway).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Artisan-George-Hoffman-Wall-Cabinet-with-Glass-Doors-1-12th/123863941697

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Artisan-George-Hoffman-Side-Cabinet-1-12th/123863936640

On 8/5/2019, 8:34:47, Kells said:

Yee-gads, for that price I'd pay for a freight company to go pick it up and crate it!

On 8/5/2019, 8:36:22, Mid-life madness said:

I know! She obviously doesn't know what it is. The ad says here mom was Ms. Peggy.

I can't believe I didn't make the connection when this came up. I knew her mother. We used to go to San Diego / La Jolla regularly for years, both as a kid and then later the hubs and I on our own. I probably know San Diego better than I know Denver! We always made a point to stop into a miniatures shop on Cass Street during every visit. It was Peggy Devine's. My mom knew her well. I knew the current owner a little better.

http://www.sdnews.com/view/full_story/27652515/article-Find-miniatures-and-collectables-at-Ms--Peggie-s-Place?

I dropped the seller a note, not that she'll probably care. Her mother's enthusiasm was infectious. One couldn't help but get excited as she showed her latest creation or new artist find. She and my mother could gab for hours. I liked her very much but didn't know she had died. :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kells said:

Alrighty, I've established that I suck at knowing who made what, so I'm asking you experts to identify this one. Posting this here because it is for sale after all, although they need to knock at least $300 off the price IMO.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/tag/d/mountain-view-large-unfinished-wood/6941157028.html

It reminds me of the Hofco Federal, but the milled siding could be RGT or Duracraft.....I'm leaning towards a RGT's model? The other Kelly @rodentraisermight know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

It reminds me of the Hofco Federal, but the milled siding could be RGT or Duracraft.....I'm leaning towards a RGT's model? The other Kelly @rodentraisermight know.

Well, I'd lean to RGT for both of them.

However, I have to warn everyone WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! that my so-called expertise in IDing dollhouses is about to end. There are bedbugs in my room again and this time they're in the books. So every one of my million books and magazines and catalogs are in plastic bins, sprayed with bedbug killer, and sealed with duct tape. I won't be opening those for at least 6 months to a year. Can we all scream together here? AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Now you guys know why I can't wait to move out into my car. Just about anything is better than this! :pullhair:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Kells is this your house?

5d4ca83bd88fb_dollb.jpg.9bbbc6debe746445

No, mine doesn't have a french door in the middle, no dormers, no porch, not even a foundation. Did RGT ever put out kits with built-up walls? I don't know how else to describe them. They're 3" high strips with milled-in clapboarding that interlock and stack on top of one another. The walls are not one piece cut out of plywood.

I think Duracraft walls slide into channels? The walls on mine butt up against solid posts. The corner posts are actual posts, not L-shaped corner moulding covering the clapboard. It's a very odd construction technique. I think Our House by Plaid Enterprises used to put out plans that were built like that. They sold the strips of clapboarding to build from scratch. Maybe my gambrel is one of their plans?

I think the Our House plans were sized for standard components while mine isn't. I also don't think the Our House walls were this thick. This thing is built like a tank, which is really the only reason I'm bothering with it. If it were shoddy construction with thin walls, it'd have gone straight into the garbage. I know it's not much of a house but I see a lot of potential in it. It's just driving me nuts (short trip!) that I can't identify it.

7 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Well, I'd lean to RGT for both of them.

However, I have to warn everyone WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! that my so-called expertise in IDing dollhouses is about to end. There are bedbugs in my room again and this time they're in the books. So every one of my million books and magazines and catalogs are in plastic bins, sprayed with bedbug killer, and sealed with duct tape. I won't be opening those for at least 6 months to a year. Can we all scream together here? AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Now you guys know why I can't wait to move out into my car. Just about anything is better than this! :pullhair:

Oh lord do i feel for you. We got eaten alive by bed bugs in New Orleans. When I went to management to get a different room at 2:30 in the morning, the manager denied they had bedbugs and acted like I was trying to pull a scam. I wasn't asking for a refund or anything else so I don't know where that came from. I set a glass with four bedbugs in it down in front of her. She meekly complied and moved us to a beautiful 2-story room with a spiral staircase up to a loft, so that was nice. The rest of our week there was fine. I hope things work out for you too!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kells said:

Oh lord do i feel for you. We got eaten alive by bed bugs in New Orleans. When I went to management to get a different room at 2:30 in the morning, the manager denied they had bedbugs and acted like I was trying to pull a scam. I wasn't asking for a refund or anything else so I don't know where that came from. I set a glass with four bedbugs in it down in front of her. She meekly complied and moved us to a beautiful 2-story room with a spiral staircase up to a loft, so that was nice. The rest of our week there was fine. I hope things work out for you too!!

From what I can tell, they're only treating my room. Now that sucks because if I have an infestation, then for sure both rooms on either side of me do, too. What's worse is that I did a load of wash today. Went back to take my clothes out of the dryer and found them all slightly damp, even though they'd been in there for 70 minutes. And I didn't have any more quarters.

So I'm hanging clothes up when I notice a huge bedbug on my supposedly clean shirt. This bedbug is still alive after a hot water wash and 70 minutes in a medium hot dryer. I am so ticked. Generally, bedbugs will die after 40 minutes in a hot dryer, but wouldn't you know, this one time the d**n dryer malfunctioned.

From now on when I travel, all my clothes are going in a sealed plastic bin or a plastic bag in a suitcase. Suitcase will go into a plastic bag outside when I get home. When summer arrives, I'll stick the suitcase in a hot car and leave the car in the sun for a couple days. That should kill all the bedbugs. But I am absolutely paranoid about staying anywhere overnight now. In fact, I'm paranoid about everything. I brought home a library book, opened it up, and a bedbug walked out. For all I know, the bedbugs I have now may have come from that. That book went straight into a freezer bag and right back to the library. I don't know what they did with it.

I have decided to toss my bed and the next one I get will have a plastic cover put on both the box spring and mattress before it even hits the floor. But if I have to toss out my sofa because of these bedbugs, heads are gonna roll. I love my sofa.

Kells, I'm going to go with Batrie on the gambrel roof one and also for the other one. I saw one catalog on top in a box and took a shot and opened it up. I didn't expect to find anything because it's the 2nd edition catalog, but there is a Batrie house in there with a gambrel roof. The size on it was 25"H x 30"W x 14"D. I can't tell if the house came with any components, but it does say the openings will fit Houseworks components. It had built in siding and no picture of the back. Floors and room dividers were said to be completely removable if you ordered the house assembled. It was called the American Gambrel House.

Batrie also made two what look like Colonials in the same style but with a peaked roof. One was larger than the other, but both had the same windows. I didn't see anything for a house with a flat roof, but it looks so similar, I'd bet the flat roof one is also a Batrie house.

My guess is that if your gambrel roof house is only 14" deep, it's a Batrie.

Now I gotta go seal this book up again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Our last encounter with bedbugs was in a motel.  Now I take our poncho liners and we sleep on top of the covers of motel beds.

Pretty sad state of affairs when you have to bring liners to sleep on a motel bed! I may consider that. The most we do is take advantage of those foldable luggage racks. Our luggage never touches the ground.

4 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Kells, I'm going to go with Batrie on the gambrel roof one and also for the other one. I saw one catalog on top in a box and took a shot and opened it up. I didn't expect to find anything because it's the 2nd edition catalog, but there is a Batrie house in there with a gambrel roof. The size on it was 25"H x 30"W x 14"D. I can't tell if the house came with any components, but it does say the openings will fit Houseworks components. It had built in siding and no picture of the back. Floors and room dividers were said to be completely removable if you ordered the house assembled. It was called the American Gambrel House.

Batrie also made two what look like Colonials in the same style but with a peaked roof. One was larger than the other, but both had the same windows. I didn't see anything for a house with a flat roof, but it looks so similar, I'd bet the flat roof one is also a Batrie house.

My guess is that if your gambrel roof house is only 14" deep, it's a Batrie.

Now I gotta go seal this book up again.

I really appreciate that you would go to that much trouble! Those are the dimensions but mine is 14" deep on the interior. Exterior is 14 3/4". I wonder if Houseworks had different dimensions back in the day? The openings on this definitely don't fit HW components. The openings are 1/8" too narrow and 1/8" too short, hence all the rasping that was necessary. I'm going with Batrie too, based on what you found. Maybe one will show up somewhere someday so I can compare.

I gave away a Batrie Cape Cod before someone gave me this one. Too bad, or I could have compared the weird construction methods. I didn't bother with that one because frankly it wasn't worth the effort to save it. It made a nice sturdy child's toy though, so not a total loss.

On 8/7/2019, 1:36:31, fov said:

On the other hand, that's a long drive. I don't think I'd drive 7 hours for any dollhouse!

Agreed, that is too far so I decided against it.  But, she wrote back after I told them no, and they are meeting me halfway.  So, I will have 2 of Clell Boyce houses.  I feel really lucky to have these two houses.

• Like 2