Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

2 hours ago, jrchob said:

"This auction is for the room box. The other items I am listing separately" Should have a picture of what they are actually bidding on..

It is very misleading IMO. I look at the other items she is selling and somethings aren't shown in the roombox listing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

In your experience will it sell for starting bid at least?

I am not an expert by any means, but I don't see it selling anytime soon. Unless a wealthy person falls madly in love. Are you selling it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

It would go for $500 in my experience - and that's if a miniaturist is interested AND if there is competition. On craigslist, it would go for $200 to an interested party. Buyer's market due to dwindling miniaturist communities.

3 hours ago, Medieval said:

Also don't think that item is going anywhere at that price, or anything more than $300 if someone has to have THAT exact house.....for the most part people looking for houses are looking for "a deal" or looking for the "golden egg" houses that you rarely see.

12 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Does anyone know what house this is, by which manufacturer? Just curious, not that I'm buying it. It does have some nice features. The stained glass looks real, not printed on acetate. Those bay windows are Carlson, per one of their old catalogs. They are next to impossible to find. And the front door is Lawbre. I agree it's likely not going for a thousand bucks. I would think $500 a fair price for such a large house, but we all know dollhouses are a tough sell so who knows.

GAH! If I didn't already have a Barstow Belle, I'd be tempted to take a drive down to Santa Fe for this! A Lawbre Winchester for $650.

https://santafe.craigslist.org/art/d/santa-fe-incredible-lawbre-winchester/7064907422.html

They also have a nice looking RGT Norcross for only $300.

https://santafe.craigslist.org/art/d/santa-fe-great-rgt-dollhouse-norcross/7064914591.html

Winchester 650.jpg

Norcross 300.jpg

11 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I am not an expert by any means, but I don't see it selling anytime soon. Unless a wealthy person falls madly in love. Are you selling it?

Oh, no.  But someday I hope to find a buyer for the Pierce I am working on.  I just want to build.  I neither have room nor desire to keep (well, ONE, I'll keep ONE). I just finished painting the last red brick on the exterior.  I'm just curious if houses go for that much.

14 minutes ago, Medieval said:

...I'm just curious if houses go for that much.

Some houses by some artisans will go for that much, or even more;  I don't think that house is in that category.

3 hours ago, Medieval said:

I mean, if I make enough to fund the materials for the next project I'll be happy.  I'm not looking to make it a business. But costs can add up and space is limited to keep all the ones I want to build.

Unfortunately this isn't a hobby where you get back what you put into it monetarily. Just make your house for your enjoyment. It is a large house and should take you some time to complete it. If the funds aren't there in the future, you can scratch your mini itch with small projects like room boxes or vignettes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kells said:

Does anyone know what house this is, by which manufacturer? Just curious, not that I'm buying it. It does have some nice features. The stained glass looks real, not printed on acetate. Those bay windows are Carlson, per one of their old catalogs. They are next to impossible to find. And the front door is Lawbre. I agree it's likely not going for a thousand bucks. I would think $500 a fair price for such a large house, but we all know dollhouses are a tough sell so who knows.

It's the Little Orphan Annie House by SW Crafts.  It has been added onto one side with the bay window added.  A dormer has also been added to the attic, along with the porch alteration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madtex1967 said:

It's the Little Orphan Annie House by SW Crafts.  It has been added onto one side with the bay window added.  A dormer has also been added to the attic, along with the porch alteration.

Thank you! That's what it looked like to me but that porch was really throwing me off. There's a Little Orphan Annie House listed on Ebay right now. Below are comparisons. The first is the house in question (with the porch and bay window modifications). The second is the Little Orphan Annie house done without modifications.

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I got this article in my newsfeed. It is about a 13 year old who makes "crazy realistic dollhouses".

https://www.housebeautiful.com/design-inspiration/a30918278/life-in-a-dollhouse-miniature-furniture-joanna-gaines/

Well, I'm all for getting kids into miniatures. And it appears this young lady is having a lot of fun. But...the article has some photos that...well are not crazy realistic. And also, she doesn't make houses, she makes rooms. And she doesn't make most of the furniture she sells, and am I crazy or does the bathroom window trim look photoshopped?

It just seems like such a poorly written piece by non-miniaturist. unless I am just taking crazy pills.

But the girl, Ella, is having a lot of fun and has a nice eye for shabby chic color palettes.

large.post.jpg.3c6225d2bb995cc4927f9ede4large.detail3.jpg.5b45f5bcfc3b0a43bf3d60large.detail2.jpg.2d2b5839e0b7ec6a3918dclarge.detail1.jpg.8087f9616380f283b29cb8

On 2/14/2020, 11:25:57, Kells said:

Thank you! That's what it looked like to me but that porch was really throwing me off. There's a Little Orphan Annie House listed on Ebay right now. Below are comparisons. The first is the house in question (with the porch and bay window modifications). The second is the Little Orphan Annie house done without modifications.

I really like the non-modified porch. That is such a pretty house.