Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

44 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I so want it, but its huge... No idea where I would fit it... Guess I'll worry about that if it becomes available. There is always the dining room table I guess

Sam, that is an awesome house!  I hope you get it. You can find a home for it.  I know you can! :)

17 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Do you ever wonder who the other person is? Like - you should probably be friends with them, lol.

That would be a great house - obviously someone else figured that out. Oh well. Its good you are on the waitlist!

Yes! I do wonder. I actually hope they change their mind, so I can have it! Lol

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Here's an oldie but goodie:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greenleaf-Vintage-Dollhouse-kit-build-it-yourself-miniature-wooden-some-done/362157374691?hash=item545242fce3:g:xbEAAOSwETJaAj~U

Check out the dollhouse company on the second picture. When was the last time you saw that name on a kit? LOL

Wow. And the wood is still all there.

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

Yes! I do wonder. I actually hope they change their mind, so I can have it! Lol

Is it an Australian thing to hold it for a few days? That is very nice. Here it seems you can ask for the seller to hold it, but it is pretty clear if someone shows up with the money in hand before you do, it is theirs for the taking. I always make peace with that possibility if I have people waiting on me.

Altho I sold some items once and some buyers tried to offer more so that I'd bump the other buyers off the list ahead of them - but I didn't. So I guess it all depends on the seller.

GOOD LUCK - I so want you to have this house! I just love the rooms off each side. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Is it an Australian thing to hold it for a few days? That is very nice. Here it seems you can ask for the seller to hold it, but it is pretty clear if someone shows up with the money in hand before you do, it is theirs for the taking. I always make peace with that possibility if I have people waiting on me.

Altho I sold some items once and some buyers tried to offer more so that I'd bump the other buyers off the list ahead of them - but I didn't. So I guess it all depends on the seller.

GOOD LUCK - I so want you to have this house! I just love the rooms off each side. 

I guess it depends on the seller. I thought about offering more to bump them, but then my concious called and said that wouldn't be a nice thing to do to the other buyer.  And anyway, I don't have a day off until Thursday and its a little over an hour away from where I live so I couldn't get there until then. (I work 12hr shifts so that drive after work doesn't appeal) I really want a garden room in a dollhouse so this one would fit the bill perfectly. Here's hoping something goes my way and I get it :) 

1 hour ago, Keifer said:

Sam...you would do that house proud, so much potential and what a great price!

It would be a great rehab.. Fingers crossed!

8 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

This is funny to me because there is a whole roasted turkey on the coffee table:

https://www.ebay.com/p/DIY-Christmas-House-Assemble-Miniature-Dollhouse-LED-Furniture-Kit-Xmas-Gift/3004200631

Sometimes the American culture just doesn't translate......:doh:

On 1/5/2018, 10:08:43, sparklepuppies said:

Finished Glencroft $75

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tag/d/amazing-and-beautiful/6447553704.html

Kathie, this is over near you! :)

Got it. It really is built in reverse. Nicely done overall. It is electrified with an Elect-a-Lite kit, model E-120, but not working. The only furniture that came with it was a grand piano that is smaller than 1:12 scale and a "grapevine" wreath with a poinsettia flower on it. Currently residing in the dining room until I get off my duff and clean up the craft room, where it can undergo a more intense inspection. The rugs will have to go, but beyond that, it looks as though a good cleaning is all that is required.

It's a charming house but so far hasn't told me who lives in it. Waiting for a message. :D Apparently it has never been lived in. There is a set of photos with it that show Santa and a Christmas tree in the livingroom and a canopy bed upstairs, with Christmas wreaths in all of the front windows and on the front door. 

Holly, thanks for your offer of furniture, but I'm not in a hurry to collect any furnishings until I know what it is going to be. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Got it. It really is built in reverse. Nicely done overall. It is electrified with an Elect-a-Lite kit, model E-120, but not working. The only furniture that came with it was a grand piano that is smaller than 1:12 scale and a "grapevine" wreath with a poinsettia flower on it. Currently residing in the dining room until I get off my duff and clean up the craft room, where it can undergo a more intense inspection. The rugs will have to go, but beyond that, it looks as though a good cleaning is all that is required.

It's a charming house but so far hasn't told me who lives in it. Waiting for a message. :D Apparently it has never been lived in. There is a set of photos with it that show Santa and a Christmas tree in the livingroom and a canopy bed upstairs, with Christmas wreaths in all of the front windows and on the front door. 

Holly, thanks for your offer of furniture, but I'm not in a hurry to collect any furnishings until I know what it is going to be. 

OH COOL - a Reverse Glencroft. Please post more photos! I wonder why they reversed it?! Fascinating.

• Like 1

Oh Sam, a Beaumont!! Fingers crossed for you! One day mine will come to life... It will be bricked with paperclay, with black shutters and white columns... I even have some of its wallpaper and sun porch furniture bought! I pass its inspiration every day on the way to work. Just the other day I looked at the real house and sighed thinking about the Beaumont... I've been trying to decide on my next project, maybe that's my cue!

6 hours ago, KathieB said:

I'm not in a hurry to collect any furnishings until I know what it is going to be. 

The Glencroft is in the garage until I can get a table set up for it in the house, but even through the closed door I can hear it telling me it wants to be Miss Marple's cottage. I'm smiling, as I recall that Holly intended her Glencroft to become Miss Marple's cottage but it demanded to be a pub instead.  I was mentally running through a list of non-residential options but this reverse-built little rebel is demanding to be a comfortable English cottage. I will have to find a bicycle with a large basket to lean against the picket fence. 

:hmm: Thinking small-patterned silk may be a good substitute for chintz, scale-wise.  And will need a few gardening tools --- gumboots and secateurs, for sure.

I'll start a new thread when I get some photos. Meanwhile, I'm off to Google images of Miss Marple's cottage. :D 

• Like 2

This one is an original Triangtois house; up for live auction on Ebay. This is not far from were I live, but I have no in terest in this turn of the century houses, I wouldn't know what to do with them. Maybe somebody here is interested. Starting bid only $10!https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turn-of-the-century-high-quality-Tudor-doll-house-made-by-Triangtois-Lot-189/253349137011?hash=item3afcc90a73:g:FpYAAOSwXoxaT-C8

Also a Bliss Victorian, same live auction, same low starting bid https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bliss-Victorian-paper-lithograph-2-story-doll-house-w-elaborate-porc-Lot-186/253349136917?hash=item3afcc90a15:g:19gAAOSwnMBaT-Gn

On 1/8/2018, 12:25:11, havanaholly said:

It's an original Washington kit!

What's interesting though, is the bay window in with that kit. I think that bay window is from the Laurel. So now thinking about it, the kit may be more modern, but maybe the directions were something someone else had available from an earlier kit and just gave to this person. I think the Laurel appeared at least 25+ years later than that Washington, if it is an original kit.

The Washington has a bay window:

farmhouse front yard.JPGThe finished front

It also has the porch and doors configured similar to the Laurel (on the right).  The differences are that the Laurel is quite a bit  w I d e r  and the roof is oriented 90 degrees (I didn't have the Laurel's porch and had to scratch build one).

Nice house Colleen. Don't know what it is though. 

Well, I didn't get the Beaumont.. the other buyer came and collected it.:sad_2:

On the upside, it's $100 I get to spend on something else.. lol