Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Another house I hope someone near Atlanta can get:

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/clt/d/victorian-doll-house/6425585923.html

It's only about 70 miles from me and a great bargain. But I don't have the room to house a miniature museum and still have several kits waiting patiently for attention. So many houses, so little time and space. *sigh*

10 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

For the miniaturist to whom money is no object - I thought you guys would like seeing this.

https://binghamton.craigslist.org/tag/d/dollhouse-fully-furnished/6465268895.html

This Lawbre house is like the one that Tracy and I saw at Miniature Designs last Saturday, although the one we saw was bashed a bit, The kitchen wing was too small for the owner's kitchen items, so it was replaced by a larger, flat roofed wing with real marble floors and a roof garden. That was balanced on the other side with the addition of a conservatory, if I recall correctly. It was awaiting delivery of slate roof tiles from the UK.

I am curious about the bricking. The one we saw looked just like the bricking in the photos, It appeared to be printed paper. I didn't have nerve enough to touch it or to ask, although I found it hard to believe that the owner would put beaucoup bucks into the kit, expert finishing, utra expensive lighting, and imported decorative materials and then settle for paper bricks. Doe anyone know what this bricking material is made of and if it is included in Lawbre kits?

Edit: I just Google Lawbre dollhouses. It appears to be a modified French Country design. I also learned that Lawbre builds the houses to order, finished or unfinished, so they are not kits. I don't see this particular bricking among their offering of bricks and tiles.

Kathie, I am so glad you said that about the brick paper!! I was thinking the same thing. It was very nice brick paper, but considering everything else she put into that house, I was a little surprised. I also resisted touching it, but at one point I got very close to it to look to make sure!

Kelly, that's a very pretty Granville and good price, but I already have one. Kathie and I are the only 2 members I know of here. Hopefully the right person will come along soon. Seems I've seen that on there for several months now, and I don't think the price has changed, so guess they are patient waiting for that person!

9 hours ago, KathieB said:

This Lawbre house is like the one that Tracy and I saw at Miniature Designs last Saturday, although the one we saw was bashed a bit, The kitchen wing was too small for the owner's kitchen items, so it was replaced by a larger, flat roofed wing with real marble floors and a roof garden. That was balanced on the other side with the addition of a conservatory, if I recall correctly. It was awaiting delivery of slate roof tiles from the UK.

I am curious about the bricking. The one we saw looked just like the bricking in the photos, It appeared to be printed paper. I didn't have nerve enough to touch it or to ask, although I found it hard to believe that the owner would put beaucoup bucks into the kit, expert finishing, utra expensive lighting, and imported decorative materials and then settle for paper bricks. Doe anyone know what this bricking material is made of and if it is included in Lawbre kits?

Edit: I just Google Lawbre dollhouses. It appears to be a modified French Country design. I also learned that Lawbre builds the houses to order, finished or unfinished, so they are not kits. I don't see this particular bricking among their offering of bricks and tiles.

Kathie, you're pretty darn smart - I never would have considered that house was a Lawbre. I do know they custom make houses, so maybe it's custom made and not modified. On the other hand, that staircase isn't a Lawbre one and why would you go to all the trouble to have a house built by them and not use one of their staircases? All their houses come with staircases, too. Hmmm...very, very interesting.

Maybe it was based on this Lawbre house:

http://lawbre.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=17&chapter=20

6 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Maybe it was based on this Lawbre house:

http://lawbre.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=17&chapter=20

No, it's definitely the French Country House ... the 3 rooms in the attic confirm it. The two gabled extensions were replaced by two larger, flat-roofed extensions. 

And someone said the one we saw was a Lawbre. I may not be all that smart, but my ears still work pretty well. :D 

I disagree, having a French Country (and a Chateau). It seems to be a cross between a Federal (notice 3, not 4 windows on 2nd floor) and a Chateau (the 3 windows on the 3rd floor). Add to that the hinged doors. None of those 3 Lawbre houses have those.

21 minutes ago, miniaddicted said:

I disagree, having a French Country (and a Chateau). It seems to be a cross between a Federal (notice 3, not 4 windows on 2nd floor) and a Chateau (the 3 windows on the 3rd floor). Add to that the hinged doors. None of those 3 Lawbre houses have those.

Oooh I love it when it gets academic! I would never think to count the windows. It definitely has a Federal vibe.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me There is a  RGT Queen Anne on e bay right now  buy it now with or best offer. I have sent an offer..this is the last house on  mylist I am looking for.  Please notice I have a new forum  name and picture but it is still me .. Jeannine  AKA  as   J

6 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Please keep your fingers crossed for me There is a  RGT Queen Anne on e bay right now  buy it now with or best offer. I have sent an offer..this is the last house on  mylist I am looking for.  Please notice I have a new forum  name and picture but it is still me .. Jeannine  AKA  as   J

Oh I would love love to have this kit but it is currently way out of my budget!  Jeannine I so hope you get it!  BTW I am thrilled to see you back

2 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

There is a Superlative original San Franciscan., in Chilliwack on the Vancouver "Fraser Valley" Craigs list

Same area also have a beautiful Duracraft San Franciscan https://nanaimo.craigslist.ca/art/d/dollhouse/6458519954.html

A never opened Artply Barrington kit https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/tag/d/artply-the-barrington-wooden/6472853896.html

and this is the link for the Superlative San Franciscan https://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/clt/d/superlative-dollhouse-wooden/6466675115.html

Jeannine, I hope you get the Queen Anne kit!!!

See you all next week, I am going today to the Caribbean to check on my old folks. Have fun here!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

I am going today to the Caribbean to check on my old folks. Have fun here!

Looking out the window at the dreary, gray rain and wishing I were going with you!

34 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Ooooh I have one of these and I love this little house. This is a good price considering it is all done with doors and all. I like it. I am tempted, but I really don't need another one. And my first one came furnished and beautifully done....I'm just hoarding at this point. But this is nice. I only wish they'd varied the wallpaper downstairs and avoided the printed paneling upstairs. But still - very nice. thanks for posting!!

This seller has a boat load of dollhouses. They seem fairly priced? Just curious where they all came from. Any thoughts? It kind of makes me sad that they possibly belonged to the same person.:ermm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bostonian-Real-Good-Toys-Dollhouse-Wood-Mansion-Victorian-Garage-70-pc-Furniture/122941514402?hash=item1c9fe2a2a2:g:hY4AAOSwSVJacIL~

• Like 2