Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

43 minutes ago, Keifer said:

I know price is subjective but is that a fair going price?  I have no experience with this so I was just curious. 

Honestly I don’t know - I do think that it is based on the fact that it’s not available anymore - the quality of the wood - the style and what appears to be well put together and cared for - it’s hard for me to give a fair market value also because O have the 1:1 version of this house and only paid $40 but mine is no where near complete and the person was desperate to clear out his grandmothers garage ... if i didn’t have the full size version I’m confident I’d pay close to asking to buy this one 

3 hours ago, Keifer said:

I know price is subjective but is that a fair going price?  I have no experience with this so I was just curious. 

I'll be honest, I don't look to buy things until they are $100 or less. Because, as we all know, you can get stunning houses for $100 or less. Sad but true. BUT, I think $250 for that house is quite fair. It looks well done inside and out.  Would I go buy it? No - not at that price. But when I see $250 price tag I don't balk - I don't think the seller is unrealistic I just don't think it will sell.

MIniaturists are frugal and mostly DIYers. And non-miniaturists think miniatures are cheap toys, so it's a hard audience to sell to out there, right? Great collectors/buyers market tho!

• Like 3

I suppose its like when you sell anything, start high to go low.  I’ve sold a few used cars I had and I listed them $500- 1K higher than my absolute lowest price I was willing to go. 

I hope you'll both post pictures! I love this house. I need to finish mine and post a gallery. it's been almost finished for a long time - just need to finish the shingles - but the printie wallpaper I used in the staircase area is all messed up and it will be very difficult to fix (requires ripping out the custom stairs and destroying some of the wiring) and I'm paralyzed over it, I can't figure out a good way to do it and don't want to mess up what I have, but am too embarrassed to post pictures of it with those rooms like this (they really look awful). Maybe seeing some pics of other rowhouses would inspire me to get back to it. :)

I think the 2 people biding on the 144 scale Queen Anne kit will feel awful now with this new posting from Sheila with not only the QA, but 3 other kits on the same post that will probably sale for less of what they are willing to pay for only one kit. Yikes! https://www.ebay.com/sch/smirabal01/m.html?item=173275712973&hash=item2858098dcd%3Ag%3A6FYAAOSwMhda1o1h&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minilover62 said:

I think the 2 people biding on the 144 scale Queen Anne kit will feel awful now with this new posting from Sheila with not only the QA, but 3 other kits on the same post that will probably sale for less of what they are willing to pay for only one kit. Yikes! https://www.ebay.com/sch/smirabal01/m.html?item=173275712973&hash=item2858098dcd%3Ag%3A6FYAAOSwMhda1o1h&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Well maybe not the underbidder. They are going to feel like they picked up a get out of jail card.... but the one that wins, definitely. :ermm:

7 hours ago, fov said:

I hope you'll both post pictures! I love this house. I need to finish mine and post a gallery. it's been almost finished for a long time - just need to finish the shingles - but the printie wallpaper I used in the staircase area is all messed up and it will be very difficult to fix (requires ripping out the custom stairs and destroying some of the wiring) and I'm paralyzed over it, I can't figure out a good way to do it and don't want to mess up what I have, but am too embarrassed to post pictures of it with those rooms like this (they really look awful). Maybe seeing some pics of other rowhouses would inspire me to get back to it. :)

Oh I will for sure, I've already decided on a color for the outside and today my original Carlson windows and doors arrived - more then the house requires but it was a lucky find and I had to purchase them! I'm hoping to get started on it soon! @minikelli what stage is yours in?  is it 1/1 or half scale?

The Youngstown salesman sample kitchen - why have I never heard of it? It looks really cute and these seem to go for a lot - but why don't I know anyone who has one and loves it? Aha - I just read it is 1:16. Still it is cute.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRIC-SINK-CABINETS-YOUNGSTOWN-Kitchen-Vintage-Dollhouse-Furniture-Renwal/112954200299

• Like 1

I think this owner is also in for a big surprise about the amount of money that he/she thinks is going to realize. Huge, beautiful and very impressive  house. If they get the asking price minus one zero, they can consider themselves lucky. Did we see this house or one like it before? https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/clt/d/doll-house/6566037333.html

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

I think this owner is also in for a big surprise about the amount of money that he/she thinks is going to realize. Huge, beautiful and very impressive  house. If they get the asking price minus one zero, they can consider themselves lucky. Did we see this house or one like it before? https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/clt/d/doll-house/6566037333.html

Wow. It is interesting but needs a ton of work. I love the upper-story greenhouse/orangerie.

It has a Winchester House feel, no? 110% Winchester!

Great post.

It has a Noel Thomas feel or maybe Clell Boyce --from one angle on the end. But other parts not so much. Either inspired by or bashed into this huge creation. Wow.

9 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

It is so unwieldy huge I wonder if they will get any offers. Also what is their definition of "finished" I wonder?

37 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

It is so unwieldy huge I wonder if they will get any offers. Also what is their definition of "finished" I wonder?

"nearly" finished covers a wide range ...