Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

10 hours ago, fov said:

Yeah, it's in Pacific Heights, it's a ritzy area!

Here's an interesting handmade dollhouse elsewhere in the Bay Area, good price for what looks like a solid shell. I haven't seen one like this before: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/art/d/handmade-dollhouse/6573727166.html

Wow! That house has the potential to be so many styles. It could be modern to Victorian. I wonder if it was from plans?

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I'm watching this one Carrie. What people don't understand about Ebay is that low starting bids often attract more bidders and therefore a higher sale price (often, not always). I have always had good success using this technique (not for minitures so i may be wrong). Certainly tempting though I doubt it will sell for the starting price.

50 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

I'm watching this one Carrie. What people don't understand about Ebay is that low starting bids often attract more bidders and therefore a higher sale price (often, not always). I have always had good success using this technique (not for minitures so i may be wrong). Certainly tempting though I doubt it will sell for the starting price.

I know, but not always.....I hope you can get it for a good price.

one time I was bidding on a Willowcrest and I was going to get it at a great price. The seller up and canceled the auction at the last minute.

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

I know, but not always.....I hope you can get it for a good price.

one time I was bidding on a Willowcrest and I was going to get it at a great price. The seller up and canceled the auction at the last minute.

Well that's just cheating! If you put something on at a low bidding price then you have to honour that, however, it goes. Most people are honest though...

30 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

the shipping on that Rutherford is a little whack, but if you can get it for a good price even including the shipping its a steal!

I'm not really looking Susie, I have one house to finish and one to refurb. If I could get it at a low price though I defo would snap it up :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestPaces said:

I'm not really looking Susie, I have one house to finish and one to refurb. If I could get it at a low price though I defo would snap it up :)

you have way more control then I do! 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018, 4:17:38, fov said:

Dollhouse in an estate sale in San Francisco. Anyone know what it is? It's in picture #4. I want to say a Hofco...? https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/gms/d/quality-first-estate-sale/6572809649.html

I'm not interested in buying it, just curious.

This house looked very familiar but I couldn't remember where exactly i saw it before, but now I found it. I think it is the house on the cover of the "Everything you wanted to know about dollhouses but didn't know who to ask" book https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVERYTHING-ABOUT-DOLLHOUSES-PLAN-BOOK-HW1008/163009506122?hash=item25f41fab4a:g:DJ0AAOSwA4Va2QzO

Because at the end she has an AD about the Playscale Plan Books, I'd say that this is probably a playscale house built from one of those plan books.

And just right now, while looking for a Cape Cod kit or Plan, I found this Norcross Manor that also looks like the house in question..https://dollhousejunction.com/collections/dollhouses/products/norcross-manor-assembled-dollhouse-vintage?variant=11370139942955

19 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Wow Carmen, I'm so impressed! What a sleuth you are. Well spotted.

Agreed!

In the Norcross Manor listing, I noticed the term "Miniac" ... love it! We are, indeed, a band of Miniacs. :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KathieB said:

Agreed!

In the Norcross Manor listing, I noticed the term "Miniac" ... love it! We are, indeed, a band of Miniacs. :D 

Hmmm...I'm not convinced it's the Norcross. The tower looks too short for it to be an RGT house. And the porch roof looks flat, not slanted, although it's a really low slant and the roof looks, I don't know, bulkier. Just thinking out loud...

EBAY is having a 15% off everything today until 7pm PT. $50 min purchase

The Dolls House Emporium is having a 20% off everything for the entire month of May! I wish they still had the Seaside kit available! 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018, 3:33:43, minilover62 said:

I see your point Kelly, maybe it's from some plans like I first said. I keep digging!

This is an awesome fixer upper for $20! https://appleton.craigslist.org/bab/d/handmade-dollhouse/6575206833.html

This is the Skilcraft Country Manor!  A great buy!  I have it in my stash, but paid more than $20 for the kit!